What's your favourite RPG archetype?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Favourite RPG Archetype?

Tank/Melee-Damage Dealer
12%
Ranged Physical
29%
Healer/Cleric
18%
Magician
18%
Thief/Stealth
12%
Summoner/Beastmaster
No votes
Hybrid
6%
Alternative Support
6%

Total votes: 17

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:44 am

Even with the rogues of World of WarCraft I ended up playing as a blood elf paladin with holy specialization more than anything. Something within compels me to play a character that can heal and protect others, always. Been a lot of fun. :3

Onigiri
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Onigiri » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:26 am

Trying a Sorcerer/Blackguard/SD in NWN now. Only reached part 3 of the OC, but it rocks!

@Zandrena:
I've never liked playing a rogue in WoW, but damn, those Blood Elf sneak animations (especially the female imo) are sooo nice.

Oooh, today, WotL should arrive. 8)
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!

( b^ .^)b o( º . º)o d(^ o ^)b o(º . º )o d(^. ^d )

Rodger
Fenrir

Postby Rodger » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:09 pm

I'd have to go with magician. Specifically, the blasting kind. There's few problems in life that can't be solved by a fireball/lightning bolt/orb of force/etc. Thief/stealth is a close second. If I can't blast, then I'll plant a dagger in someone's back.

Of course, most of my experience in this regard comes from D&D and in which case I prefer to play the sorcerer, warmage (I've actually come up with a Hadoken for a 20th level warmage that can do in the range of I think 700 damage) or some kind of thiefy class. With rogue, ninja, scout, spellthief, and beguiler, there's no shortage of options...

I'll play Neverwinter Nights 2 one of these days. I've got the game, getting the expansion, but my laptop can't handle it. 1GB of RAM with Vista installed so I'm usually using in the range of 700 MB without really doing anything. I can't imagine how Vista users with 512 MB of RAM ever survived.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:48 am

So I dropped playing as a paladin on WoW. Healing is A LOT of fun for me but I get wayyyy too much attention. Back to my attention-avoiding rogue. :] This feels much more natural.

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:57 am

UltimaPi
Ragelope

Postby UltimaPi » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:43 pm

The impossible is real. Logic is the illusion.

21 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”