Visual Novels

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

791 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Visual Novels

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:42 am

Because that I've decided to dive into some more free download works that were listed on the site and have been too busy/not interested enough in playing. I still have to finish Red Shift, but I decided to download the one that went up today:

From the Bottom of My Heart -
VERY VERY short but very dramatic and enjoyable. I'm glad I read it, but there's not much to say about it. :\

THEN I downloaded:

The World to Reverse -
Two stories in one. One is called Hallucination and the other is called Flanca. Both are very short, but very...

Hallucination - You are given four choices only through the game and there are four endings, the last of which you can't get until you get the other three (even if you picked the right choices to get it, it will take you to one of the other endings). Imagine dreaming... This is the sort of dream you wake up and go to your friend and say "I had a WEIRD dream last night..."

Flanca - Four major stories lines and multiple fucking endings, but it's easy to get them using the Index. Imagine dreaming... This is the sort of dream you wake up from in a cold sweat and say "WHAT THE FUCK?!" and pray to GOD no one ever finds out about it - and you subsequently make several vows that you will NEVER stay up until 1am watching old reels of Twilight Zone.

That being said, I liked them both. Flanca still has my head pounding. Hallucination is the one I liked the most, because it makes SENSE at the end and... it makes you " " (<--- you'll see).

Flanca... don't read it unless you are awake and are ready for a good trip into some weird ass shit that... makes semi, quasi- sense in the end much the way Serial Experiment Lain makes sense by the end.

Oh and Hallucination has some very... o_o OMG scenes in them. Not horrendously bad, but, they leave an impression. Flanca is all text (not even music).

^ Both of these stories are going to be staying with me for a very veeery long time. Was I glad I downloaded it: ultimately, I think, yes. They aren't your normal stories. There is definitely nothing anime-ish about them, either. Honestly, I REALLY want Kino to download both of these and give me her impressions.

-- More to come and you guys can talk here about others, too, or enjoy the topics we already have about particular VNs. You know I don't care. I just need a place to rant! Particularly after Flanca!

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:23 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:12 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:55 am

Ilya is pretty awesome in all the arcs.

UBW
[spoiler]Though ... sad in UBW. Real sad.[/spoiler]

Heaven's Feel
[spoiler]Shirou vs Black Saber makes me sad still ... even if I did dislike Saber.

The Black Saber END is also pretty "HOORAY SH...oh." :([/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:04 am

Sorry, Scy, I won't be looking at spoilers for this one for a loooong while. I enjoy VNs and get them so rarely that, I really do savor them and try to keep myself clueless. I hope you won't mind and I apologize ^_^.

Right now: I like her just for those deaths XD and that scary feeling her loli-self gives me in my spine when I think of what she is capable of.

And if the game is anything like Tsukihime, I'll probably die by accident quite a few times and a lot of times on purpose after saving... I just hope that this time none of the game over paths lead to erotic rape scenes -_-;

Still, what I've seen of the game so far, I'm really enjoying it a lot. I thought I would NEVER get through the beginning though. It was so FUGGIN' DULL until Lancer made his intro. Now I'm hooked on every word that's said.

^_^ I don't know if it was the right choice or not, but I definitely chose to hook up with Rin. I don't see her giving me a Game Over... I hope. But, I'm honest when I do get game overs by accident and I will confess when it happens. A couple of times I really did need Ciel-senpai's lessons in Tsukihime and I hope that Taiga's Dojo will be just as useful.

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:48 am

Uh, F/SN is a bit interesting. You go through each arc, discovering more of the War in each arc. Saber is first in Fate, followed by Rin in Unlimited Blade Works. That opens up side endings (at least, they showed up at this point), as well as Sakura's route, Heaven's Feel. So yeah, I don't know if you have a choice in the matter what order you go in.

I guess, in that way, Fate/Stay Night is the epitome of its genre: The Visual Novel.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:11 am

I swear I haven't had any friggen time for visual novels like at all

seriously I haven't even watched anime in a few weeks

buuuut CHRISTMAS BREAK/WINTER RECESS IS HERE

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:28 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:23 am

What is N1A? I've heard of NA, but not N1A. And I'm not trying to be facetious if it was a misspelling (prolly not, but just in case...) ^_^;

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:09 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:21 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:16 pm

Went on the yesterday. Saw the notice that they were going to try to release the game early 2009. :3 That got me all pumped up.

Then I was surfing around on the Stage Nana site and... my hype forced me to download it.

The only thing I got out of the venture was five really nice wallpapers, the soundtrack of the game, and a very depressed excitement as I stared at the text and graphics wondering wtf was being said.

>_< I need to learn to read Japanese!! GAAAAAAAAH!! Even to understand them when they do talk!

T-T *sob*

Fate/Stay Night
[spoiler]BTW, wtf sort of a sex scene was that in Fate/Stay Night. Damn. Tsukihime's sex scene with Arcuied was better than that. The only thing I got out of it was an intense appreciate of Tohsaka who can be a downright bitch. XD She's just awesome. "We'll be waiting all night at this rate *shove*" But, really, I was hoping for something cuter between the two of them. :( I really wish Tohsaka had just left the room.[/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:35 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:39 pm

[spoiler]XD I can't wait to see how that one goes. I can imagine Tohsaka doing everything while Shirou's just lieing there gaping O_O like this. XD Yeah, I can guess who's going to be riding on top for that scene.[/spoiler]

Back to Narissu 2 again:

.... Dammit... I decided to scan through the game pressing ctrl intermittently here and there and speeding through text. I got up through Chapter 4's op video and I burst out crying - :( oh fuck... noodles (whenever you do read this post), when this game is released, I think we are going to be drowning in our own tears.

...Dammit... where's my Narcissu buddy when I need him. *sigh*

[] - [] - [] - []

Seniwac
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Seniwac » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:40 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
791 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”