Visual Novels

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

791 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Re: Visual Novels

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:06 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:50 am

Got done with Nagisa's path. ^_^ Absolute squee fest.

Am TRYING to do Fuko's path.

Emphasis on the trying part because I think I've fucked up here. ^_^; During a critical scene I chose to walk away from Nagisa because I was hoping it would be enough to destroy any potential for a relationship and keep me from getting on it by just being nice occasionally. Except it's totally eradicated her from the script and I seem be seeing a LOT of Sunohara... but still seeing Fuko. So I go along with it. Maybe it will work out better this way.

^_^ Except now I'm caught up in some ridiculous tag game and... well... fuck. I dunno if this is Fuko's path but I'm just having a lot of fun with this. I look forward to seeing how this play through will end up. XD

I'm getting the idea, though, it's not just "girls" whose paths I can unlock, is it? I think there's a lot of side characters in this game.

Edit (barely half an hour later):

... It landed me a game over. Wow. That was abrupt. ^_^; So... there are definitely game overs in this game... wow... ok.... *sigh* FUKO ATTEMPT #2! .... :( I'm so sorry Fuko. It's all Nagisa's fault, probably. She's just too irresistible to me. (and now I sound so much like a lesbian......)

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:44 pm

That's not a bad thing, is it? ;)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:48 pm

^_^

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:18 am

Completed Fuko's path.... cried like a fucking baby....

Glad that I hadn't saved after the final choice. After the game I ended I realized there was a "second" for a particular end game cgi and had wondered if that choice gave me more than just ONE special cgi. <333

.... Can't decide who I want to do next. Actually... I'm thinking of forgoing all of the girls and trying to figure out where that tag game might have potentially lead if I hadn't received a game over. I get the feeling it probably had something to do with Sunohara. ...

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:55 am

Ignored ALL girls this time around and focused on Sunohara... :\ no tag game. Actually I think I screwed that up by .... awww well...

I could try again but... maybe it has something to do with the twins... Meh. I'll hunt it down later. After I complete this path I'm going to do one of the girls. Tomoyo or the space-cadet (forgot her name). Hrrrrm....

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:38 am

I have a special request from you guys. If anyone could help.

There is a visual novel I want to play again. It was a quick fifteen minute visual novel, but I loved it to death.

It was released in a set called "World to Reverse". It came with both a visual novel named "Hallucinate" and one named "Flanca".

I would not mind taking both, however, the one I am REALLY after is Hallucinate.

The official website on which it was released no longer exists.

Please, PLEASE someone tell me that you have this visual novel?

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:54 am

I didn't have it, but with some digging, was able to get it for you. How can we transfer the file? IM?
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:56 pm

^_^ Aww, you're so sweet, Kimiko! How big is the file? I don't remember it being huge. I suppose I could dredge up my old IM clients to get it. Which one do you use? I think I have trillian and MSN. Trillian always gave me problems with file transfers, I wonder if it's still like that.... hrrrm....

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 pm

The file is only 2.6MB. We can't attach exe or zip files here, so it'll have to be email or IM. Let's PM, okay?
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:23 am

^_^ BTW, Kimiko... did you read it?

I love the psychoticness of it and then the surprise true end. <3

I think mostly I love it because despite the simplicity of the game... if you sit back and think about it... the whole morality(if that's the correct word) issue it kinda brings up.

Like... one minute it's so :O WTF and then the next it's like.... o_o uh... ooooh...

You should read it. It's a very quick read. One playthrough is barely five minutes. I think I spent a total of 20 minutes reading through the whole thing and getting the final end.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:22 am

I only tried to run the installation file to see if it worked. I started the VN proper, but after about two screens of text it seemed to get stuck. Since everything worked fine up to that point, I assume it was just Wine being iffy or something. Maybe I'll give it another try later.
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 pm

^_^ Yay!! I have the game again!

<_< *sigh* I love this visual novel. Thanks for finding it, Kimiko.

It really boggles my mind. I think it was something against that website because that page was dated as removing it in '08, but I have forum and net posts dated in 2010 where they are still obviously downloading it from the source.

....... The only reason that I know of for the game to not be released is because Halaeth who had hosted the competition that year has disappeared and probably stopped paying the bill for his website. >_>

So, unless you guys have a prob with it, here's the link. It's not like I'm mass releasing this. I just want to share a really good visual novel with my friends. I'll remove it after a week.

This contains two visual novels actually. While Flanca is decent, it's really Hallucinate that I love and seriously recommend. ^_^

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Still waiting on the full version of Witch on the Holy Night.

current status: 15.49%

Moogy is on the case, which is certainly a good sign.

Also, still haven't completed Ever17. lmao

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 am

^_^ I haven't talked to Moogy in so long. Aww, it's been years. Doubt he remembers me though he's the one who got me introduced to visual novels in the first place. He's the one who even gave me Ever17 ^_^

[] - [] - [] - []

791 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”