Visual Novels

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

791 posts
SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:42 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:00 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:35 am

And what could be more hilarious than that Saber scene?

[spoiler]

:3 MY NEW FAVORITE YAOI PAIR! ShirouxIssei!![/spoiler]

I almost died laughing!

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Yeah, when you see the movie via in-game, you'll be able to watch it again from the extras menu.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:24 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:34 am

*grumbles* UBW's choices are a lot harder. I've died three times in a row thinking I had the right choice. :( One of which was the "I guess I'll ask Issei/don't ask him" choice. -_-;

Oh and the choice where Rider was involved. And the other was the one with Tohsaka on the stairs (though I misread the description, so this was my own fault for being hasty and not paying attention).

I was seriously going to cry if I got Castor's wrong.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:51 pm

Wrong! Wrong! They got the story of Caster's true identity all wrong!

EXTREME SPOILER WARNING
[spoiler]Medea did NOT murder King Pelias herself. She never touched him. She showed the daughters a trick (many variations of what was shown exist) that gave the appearance of immortality and the DAUGHTERS were the ones who performed the chopping thinking their father was going to be resurrected and be immortal.

ALSO, :( yes, it's true sort of about the story of the King of Corinth, but, again, Medea did not show up and do the killing herself. She sent poisoned clothes for the bride to wear as a sort of 'I hate you, but I loved my husband, so I give you both blessings" gift. The King died when he embraced the dieing form of his daughter. (and unmentioned is the fact that Medea then turned around and killed her sons). Oh, and... those were the only fatalities. She didn't even kill Jason 'cause she wanted him to suffer after having lost everything the way she had.

*marches off* >_< I can't believe that they would get this wrong. It's not even arguable!

Still, I shivered when I found that they put in Medea in the story. :3 I love this character. The moment Archer alluded strangely to the chopping of a brother, I immediately knew without even being told that it was Medea. ^_^ So, I know her story better than anyone. :( Why would they get it wrong?[/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:00 am

Because Nasu is Japanese, not Greek.

You didn't realize this when Saber turned out to be
[spoiler]a female King Arthur?[/spoiler]

You'll more than likely realize it when Rider's identity is revealed.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:10 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:47 am

[] - [] - [] - []

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Yeah, that was probably Ilya's best scene. Mostly because she became "human."

Made the final fight that much more satisfying.

She's more resigned to her role in Heaven's Feel. She's childlike in the beginning, but she pretty much becomes Shirou's only sanity in the end.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:34 am

Do I get to feel sad for recognizing Lancer and Assassin so easily then based off of their techniques? :( :( :(

As for Caster, I don't think a single play or telling of that story follows the Nasu-version but, hey, there's quite a few "off" ones (or at least biased ones).

On another note, I desperately seek a Fate/Zero translation.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:35 am

Day 16 of UBW.

This arc is by FAR more kickass than Fate's. I felt that there were just many areas that dragged in Fate and full of too much of Shirou's whining about this or that.

But Shirou.... he was just truly awesome in this arc, though I felt the stuff with Archer bordered on the edge of tedious.

[spoiler]It was like instead of present-day Shirou whining, his future-self was whining instead. [/spoiler]

*cough* And, I know most of you claim to not pay attention to the sex scenes or care, but I do and...

[spoiler]A pouty Tohsaka yelling at an apologizing Shirou for being too rough was just XD WAY.TOO.GOOD!!

"...You stupid Shirou. I told you it hurts. ...I'm never going to have sex with you again!" :3 Cutest line ever!

No, seriously, though, I loved this sex scene and thought it was the greatest because it was so CUTE and adorable with how Tohsaka acted. ^_^ It was very endearing.
[/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:06 am

Like I've always said, Rin is AWESOME.

I still like Archer the most as far as servants >> Rider is a close second and then Lancer. I'm really just not a Saber fan I guess? ^^

Who knows (UBW + Gilgamesh for good measure)
[spoiler]Even Gilgamesh ... though the fact Gilgamesh, and hell even Shirou-Archer himself, aren't actually Archers confuses me a bit. Guess Gate of Babylon involving hurtling of weapons and Shirou-Archer having two Noble Phantasms related to archery (Caladbolg II and Hrunting) counts ... or something.

Guess I just like the GIANT AMOUNTS OF WEAPONS (Gate of Babylon and Unlimited Blade Works) or something. Or I'm just totally gay for Shirou-Archer.[/spoiler]

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:55 pm

[spoiler]I think Archer is an archer because Shirou was an archer. He's more of an expert with a bow than a sword.

Even then, Rider isn't much of a rider outside her Noble Phantasm.[/spoiler]

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
791 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”