Visual Novels

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

791 posts
Ninten
Manticor

Re: Visual Novels

Postby Ninten » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Phoenix Wright counts as a VN, right?

If so, then I have to say that PW, while being THE first VN that I REALLY enjoyed was amazingly epic.

Gonna start And Justice for All tonight.

Vinci
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vinci » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:15 pm

Never played Phoenix Wright so i can't say yea or nay.

My first vn was Higurashi, just finished it this past fall. Took me half a year of on and off reading to finish. So of course, right afterwards i jump right into reading Umineko. Just completed the 5th arc last week.
Probably gonna read Fate/stay night next, a break from murder mystery mayhem will be nice. Plus I've got multiple friends going "Y u no read about ma waifu Saber" :P. Or something like that.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:09 am

I played through Tsukihime again, but with a fresh new save file, from start to finish. Got Arcueid's true and good endings.

Sometimes I forget how much I love this game. And then I generally lol at the fact that Arcueid's Good Ending is the canon ending and not the "True" one XD

Now to actually start Alliance of Illusionary Eyes and Kagetsu Tohya to get that full Tsukihime experience. Well... at least until the English translation comes out for Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code.

I'll probably go through Ciel's route too, because senpai just isn't senpai without her glasses.

Then MAYBE I'll actually start to give a flying fuck about Fate/Stay Night.

As far as I can tell: Arcueid's personalty > everyone in Fate/Stay Night

Oh, and Mahoutsukai no Yoru: Witch on the Holy Night just came out, so I'm totally stoked for when Mirror Moon releases the English patch 5 years from now :V

Drathi
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Drathi » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:59 am

...Witch on the Holy Night... *grabby hands*

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:17 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun May 06, 2012 7:49 am

Playing 999 (which I guess qualifies more in the way of VN than a "game" or something).

:\ I reset my last playthrough because I honestly had no memory of what I did or how I got the three endings that I had.

I've played through several times since then, keeping track of not only my paths but puzzle solutions.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun May 06, 2012 11:56 am

Well, the game tells you that there are six endings in total and which ones you have seen.

Slight hint:
Technically a spoiler, but not much of one:
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun May 06, 2012 5:05 pm

:[

You know... I love ALL the puzzles in the game, except for the ones in the cargo room. It's like they reached these puzzles and just couldn't figure out what the fuck they wanted so they just slopped something together. They are the most RIDICULOUS puzzles in the WHOLE WORLD! >:[

I solved them once (I could never forget the hours I pounded my head against the wall last time I played through), but this time... I cheated. Just... fuck it. I slammed my head against the rock before, and I'm SO not doing it again. *sigh*

Now that that's off my chest.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun May 06, 2012 6:39 pm

To be honest there were several puzzles where I got stuck. The robot-in-maze room was just hard to solve, but there were other times where I'd missed a small clickable detail that contained essential info.
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun May 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Maybe it's just cause I'm a Myst fanatic, but those sorts of "stuck moments" to me are acceptable. It's because I did not click on the correct thing and I like the "Aha!" moment. And it's not because I was just not smart enough or my math was wrong or some other bullshit reason. There is not "Aha!" moment. There's more of a grumpy "oh fucking yay, finally done with that piece of shit"

To me, the other puzzles I'm ranting about are just bullshit logic puzzles that I just don't like. I feel they are waste of time and energy and if I solved them it's because I got lucky - not because I suddenly realized that this item I've walked by for the last two hours was the essential item that I needed.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 07, 2012 2:09 am

*evil grin* Think I found the True End

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue May 08, 2012 5:24 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue May 08, 2012 7:33 am

Yay! \o/

Do you have all the endings now? It'd be a bit silly to have to play through another dead end after getting the True ending.
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue May 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Haha, actually I wouldn't have minded that. It would have given me a chance to play through and absorb the information that I had collected. But, no, when I went into it I only had two endings left (the first two) and doing this True Ending filled in both blanks. I'm assuming that one of those was actually suppose to be in case I had not gotten the Safe Ending before I got the True Ending.

I'm actually thinking about dumping my game just so I can play through the game to see what that end would be like, haha.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue May 08, 2012 5:49 pm

That ending isn't very interesting according to GameFAQs. It just cuts off after with a "To Be Continued..".
Kimiko

791 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”