Visual Novels

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

791 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Re: Visual Novels

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:57 am

Yeah, haven't really said anything to him in years :V

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:17 am

So we finally have updated art for the Tsukihime remake, with fans now bickering (predictably) over the new "more archetypal" art.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/14/ts ... r-designs/

Arc:

Ciel and Akiha:

I don't mind Akiha's new design much at all, but Ciel's bugs me a little (with some parts looking a bit better, imo).

Arcueid's annoys me the most, since it feels that they took a page from K-ON! to make her look more "moe" than her previous more "mature" look. A mini skirt? Really?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:34 am

I've been enjoying Little Busters. ^_^

*sigh* Honestly... it's the only thing I've been able to enjoy this week. -_-; Playing here and there when I get a chance. Ugg, I know I should be working on the website but after working all day, reading is the only thing that sounds APPEALING.

I've done Komari's route (MY GOD SHE'S SO CUTE!) and.... well... Rin's... sorta... before it shut down on me, I guess. I had to look up online cause I was like "wtf, was that a bad end?"

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:43 am

Never played it, but I have heard good things about Little Busters.

Also, as another person on the forum who has read Tsukihime (and the person who's suggestions got me into VNs), what are your initial impressions of the new designs?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:03 am

Oh sorry I meant to comment.

I do not mind Arc's so much, though, I agree, the skirt thing is kinda bothersome, but I always found that Arc's long dress in the original was odd, too. I always want to picture her with pants or possibly shorts.

Akiha doesn't look all that different from what I remember. I'm ok with her.

However, I HATE HATE HATE ciel's new hair cut. The long hair bothers me. She looks like a bloody school marm. Not someone you meet who is fixing a fence and later turns into one hell of a badass. And I hate her glasses. Instead of making her look geeky they make her look... too grown up.

Meh, but I am looking forward to a remake. If for no other reason than better backgrounds and much better music (without having to download an alternative soundtrack CD).

[] - [] - [] - []

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:17 am

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:29 am

^_^ Come ON!

I don't get it... she's suppose to be the created to be a vampire killer... what the hell is a woman like that doing in a dress when she's hunting? I get the epic medieval dress, but not her hunter clothes.

.... Also why sweater with mini skirt... Anime cliches confuse me. At least the long skirt made some sense in that regard.

Whatever, I always thought the best part of the game was the horror aspect. ^_^ The hotel building with its creepy atmosphere and lack of visuals was the best.

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:32 am

Well, I feel that her old design had clothing that enforced the viewer's perception of her certainly being feminine, yet a tad old fashioned.

Due to her very unique personality, Arcueid is one of the most likable female leads I've ever seen.

This new design is definitely more in line with cliche Anime designs of late.
Wasn't it the non-archetypal characters that set Type-moon (despite being an H game dev) apart from the rest in the first place?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:46 am

Other than Arc, I didn't think the characters were "so different". It was the story that made the characters different in my eyes. The characters were basic stereotypes set in a strange story that they were made to walk through.

Hisui, the cold, uncaring repressed on
Kohaku the "I will do anything for master!"
Akiha ... the demanding "Aneki"
Ciel the two faced, geek during the day, bad ass at night. (and even during the hentai scene you get the choice: which do you want to fuck? my goody-goody glasses side, or my non-glasses bad ass side)

All terribly cliche. Arc is the only one that stood out as being different. The vampire chic that you would expect to be the blood sucker fighting her instincts was slightly more... and in my opinion she had the most boring storyline of the whole cast.

Kohaku was the final storyline and was the most delicious and tragic out of all of them but with the happiest finale.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Good news for the VN/horror fans:

will be out soon. Next week for N-American PSN, expectedly soon afterwards on European PSN too.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:54 am

^_^ So, I'm finally nearing the end of Little Busters (over a month... god I wish I had more time in the day). I've seriously enjoyed it. It's been great enjoying a Key visual novel that I've not watched the anime to beforehand.

... o_o; I get the feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of crying at the end, aren't I? I didn't like the way Refrain started....

XD And wouldn't you know it. Yesterday they released a Beta Complete Patch of Rewrite http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/index.php?page=downloads

:3 Wow, do I have perfect timing or what? So excited! *sigh* .... Though, I'm still going to take my time with Little Busters. <3

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:43 am

Beat Refrain.

Umm... so... DUH! OBVIOUSLY SPOILERS HERE!!

[] - [] - [] - []

AbyssArray
Ragelope

Postby AbyssArray » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Currently playing:
Pokémon Y - FC: 0275-7903-6128
Toxicosis - League of Legends - NA

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:31 pm

And here's another fine VN I recommend:
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Legaia Ikezawa
Ragelope

Postby Legaia Ikezawa » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:21 pm

Mama mia! Visual novels!

At any rate, the closest to familiarity with them consists of Phoenix Wright and Katawa Shoujo. So that's 2 good visual novels out of 2. My curiosity involving visual novels isn't quite sated, yet. However, there's one in particular with a Sega console as a protagonist. Anybody know what that's called?

791 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”