Art Thread?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

111 posts
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:10 pm

This is the most artistic-ish photo I took. I think the angle and shadows all worked out really well.

My fiance likes this photo the best. I took it very stealthily without him noticing. I don't think it's quite as nice. I was having a hard time keeping the flash off while still keeping the focus on... I'm still learning how to use my camera ^^;;

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

CalmWater
Ragelope

Postby CalmWater » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:53 pm

make fot my last.fm ^^

[spoiler][/spoiler]
In each cat there is slice Wario
~ ~

Onigiri
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Onigiri » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:18 pm

I know it's not art, but it's not really a random pic either, so...

Had this compulsory meeting today ( booooooring >_< )

Anyways, had pencil and paper, started sketching, and this is the result:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I liked the way it turned out, especially since I hardly have time to practice.
It's Eillean, my blood elf rogue from WoW. At least, how I envision her.
(Actually, how I envision her is much prettier, but I'm not good at drawing...)

Things I noted about the picture:
[spoiler]
Because of the bad scanner:
-Shading on her neck is too dark, making it flow over into the cape. (in my eyes at least)
-Nose is hardly visible, stupid raster.

Because I'm so bad at drawing:
-Her left ear is drooping. (colleague of mine said it looks like part of her hairdo)
-If the drooping ear were to be straightened, It'd be longer then her normal ear.
-She's wearing a shirt underneath the cape.
-Her cape needs touching up. A lot.
-I think her chin needs to be better aligned with her mouth.
-I really need to keep a better eye on my line-thickness.
[/spoiler]

...I'm almost afraid to ask, but what do you guys think?
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!

( b^ .^)b o( º . º)o d(^ o ^)b o(º . º )o d(^. ^d )

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:26 pm

I'll be completely honest. I like her. :D Of course, you are your worst critic. There are things I wouldn't have picked on until you pointed them out. I think the kind of drawings people do at a meeting or something to make it less boring don't need to be perfect so touching things up isn't very important! I don't know if it's just your intended style but the eyes could be better. Needs a little more form.

Onigiri
Wyvern

Postby Onigiri » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:32 pm

Heh, good point, the eyes need some work. Usually, for a quick sketch, I just place some easy eyes and fit the rest around them.

Man, who am I kidding, I suck at drawing eyes ^_^;
Anyways, glad you like her.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Onigiri
Wyvern

Postby Onigiri » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:05 am

... yeah. She's a rogue, an in-your-face fighter. Of course she'll get a scar here and there from the combat.
That's also the reason that her left ear is drooping.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:27 pm

I drew this on the bus after a shopping adventure, so it's very messy. D: Scanned blurry, too!

[spoiler][/spoiler]
It's a character for a work-in-progress animation. The art style is supposed to be short and cute, but she really stands out 'coz she is a very hideous among cute and beautiful looking characters. And no, the face under the helmet isn't pretty either. Of course, proportions hardly matter when it's another race... explaining the weird limb length. :D

I wanted an original race but I ended up giving a lot of qualities similar to beetles... so it's some sort of beetle/human hybrid! Human qualities like hair, fingers (granted, only 3), standing up right (aside from inverted legs) and general body parts but then there are beetle qualities like horns and wings. The pincers are much more similar to that of an ant only less barbed. I don't really know what the weapon is... I figure in a world where there is armoured warfare and an insect-like race, they'd start to develop weapons to both puncture the armour, pull it apart and sever the scaly skin. I 'spose a main gauche would have been nice.

Of course she can't fly with all that armor but she still has her strength and smarts! Anyway, I need to refine her many times until she is usable. The art style only has limited colours (characters use one colour for lining and black for everything else) so I can't really detail her too much at a reasonable frame rate.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Reminds me of the Yukes from FFCC.

Onigiri
Wyvern

Postby Onigiri » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:57 am

Woo, Beetleborg, hehe.

Looks nice.

Well, here's another piece of crap by me, took me 10 min during another boring meeting.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Onigiri on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:29 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:44 am

Back when NE had that huge ice storm a few months ago, I went outside and took a few pics of it's melting remnants:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Tue May 05, 2009 4:24 am

Second pic is nice, Zeta. *0*

Onigiri
Wyvern

Postby Onigiri » Tue May 05, 2009 7:42 am

All of them are nice, but indeed, the second one is... cool (pun intended)

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue May 05, 2009 6:25 pm

I actually like the first one the best. The snow just looks painted onto the grass...

111 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”