Pixar Animations

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Hanyou
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hanyou » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:29 am

Seniwac
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Seniwac » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:31 am

your perception of disney changes when you've only experienced them through bad vhs

Hanyou
Killclaw

Postby Hanyou » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:32 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:06 am

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:18 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:32 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:06 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Hanyou
Killclaw

Postby Hanyou » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:38 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:00 pm

@Seni
[spoiler]
TO DEFEAT THE HUNS
[/spoiler]

The fact that it is sung by Donny Osmond only makes it that much more deliciously gay. DELICIOUSLY GAY.

@Disney

My favorite is quite clearly the Aristocats. It's about fancy cats who live in turn-of-the-century France. WHAT COULD BE BETTER?!

@Disney/Pixar
I agree with Maxine that I'd hoped for Pixar to cut ties with Disney. I believe Disney has become too large and believes too much of its own hype. The whole "Disney Princess" thing really terrifies/disgusts me on a core level.

@Classic/Renaissance Disney
Well said, Hanyou. Of the classic disney films, I loved Sleeping Beauty as a child. I watched it over and over again. I haven't seen all the disney films, or really that many of them, but I wouldn't say that I'm a fan of them. I happen to really like a couple as relics of my childhood (Little Mermaid. I wanted to BE a mermaid at that age. Also, Splash. STFU I LIKE IT) but generally I don't find Disney to be OMFG awesome.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Hanyou
Killclaw

Postby Hanyou » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:09 pm

I hate to say that I didn't really like Sleeping Beauty, though Malificent was a good villain. It's Beauty and the Beast that is my favorite. n_n

Since I prefer Disney at their best to Pixar at their best, though, I don't know how I'd feel about them cutting ties. I don't feel like even Pixar's greatest masterpieces are of the caliber of Disney's greatest. Finding Nemo compares to Fantasia? Really? Yeah, the guys at Pixar have wit, but I think they're overrated.

Judging by the box office response and critical reception of every Pixar film, though, I'm probably in the minority. :[

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:05 pm

I agree that Disney at its best is better than Pixar at its best, but that could the bias of the "timeless" nature or deep childhood nostalgia. I saw Sleeping Beauty recently and it certainly wouldn't make my favorites now except for the sheer nostalgia -- and the song that I still hum to myself sometimes. I know you, I danced with you once upon a dream... ... Absolute joy.

Oh, I LOVE Beauty and the Beast. I had the sing-a-long book on 45 record. Belle is a wonderful heroine -- anyone who walks and reads like she does is an instant win! Again, the whole "Disney Princess" really robs her, I feel.

Also, this probably doesn't apply to you, but I amuse myself with the fact that every girl I've ever spoke to about Beauty and the Beast admits we were much more attracted to the Beast BEFORE he turned back into a prince. As children, this really didn't make sense to us, and as women we're always a bit horrified and embarrassed to admit, but it's totally true: We like the Beast, not the prince!

Ah, I'm probably going to go home and watch that movie now. My fiance's father gave it to us on VHS.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but it bears repeating: I love the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Also, FANTASIA! LOVE Fantasia.

...>_>
[spoiler]
I've seen it high. It's AWESOME.
[/spoiler]

Fantasia is so amazing. I think my favorite sequence is the dancing Mushrooms.

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:34 pm

DID THEY SEND ME DAUGHTERSSSSSSSSS

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:35 am

62 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”