Role Playing

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Ghai
RPG Admin

Role Playing

Postby Ghai » Sun May 11, 2008 7:58 am

Does anyone know of a EO RP site? Its been my hobby for a while, which has made EO (while I'm able to play it) and Oblivion extremely memorable games for me. Right now I'm doing a fanfict, but RPing is much sweeter. Anyone know of one, or willing to join one? Not trying to pull people away from this site, but RPing usually requires entire board catagories.

Yo ^_^

jeffdalek
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jeffdalek » Sun May 11, 2008 4:39 pm

You mean acting like an eo character over a discussion?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun May 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Nah. I don't know of any since I don't run in that crowd, but I've always been open to the idea myself of having one on my forums. So, if anyone ever wants, throw me a project idea like this and I'll consider it and make a whole subforum section with as many boards as you need. But, just don't ask me for help since I've never even so much as participated in them.

If you do find some, though, give me a heads up so I can keep a log about them.

[] - [] - [] - []

Ghai
RPG Admin

Postby Ghai » Sun May 11, 2008 10:54 pm

Not as existing characters, since the only ones are the shop owners. You create a character with text through a character app, complete with:

Name
Class
Physical Description
Mental/Personality
History.

You kinda do that to get the full experience of EO. The character CAN be based off one of the portriats, but most likely your going to want to fully create your own character. In an RP like this, we'd have set guilds to start with, and in your application you'd apply for a guild. The Guild leaders could be admin/mod, or people who are best fitted. They can approve or disapprove your character for the guild. In the start we'd only have the first two stratums avaliable, plus the town. Going into the Labyrinth would require a party within the guild first, and then either training, farming, exploring, or Golden Dear mission.

With enough imagination and even a basic writing skill, an EO RP can easily become a very amusing game.

If you haven't caught on yet... I'm more then willing to take up your offer. In about a month I can have a full project written out and ready to present to you. Of course before going balls to the wall with this I'm curious to see how many people would be interested.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 12, 2008 12:45 am

Stickied 'cause I'm interested too to see how many people would be interested as well.

[] - [] - [] - []

Zai
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zai » Mon May 12, 2008 12:51 am

Meh. I RP a lot, but an EO RP may or may not interest me due to how it would be set up. So, I'd have to see it before I say yes or no. =/

But, I guess I'll give you a 51% chance of "Yes, I'll do it." =D

masterofpsi
Ragelope

Postby masterofpsi » Mon May 12, 2008 2:57 am

I'm kind of in a rut in terms of writing, but I guess I'll give it a shot if you can get a few more people aboard.

Ghai
RPG Admin

Postby Ghai » Mon May 12, 2008 3:15 am

Wow, this is turning out pretty shway. I've spent a lot of time thinking about how it would work, and I've got a few things down that I was originally iffy about. The best thing I can get though is other people who played this game to talk with over AIM.

I'm on most nights, my SN is bartolison.

DELETED

Postby DELETED » Mon May 12, 2008 3:21 am

DELETED

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 12, 2008 4:59 am

o_o; Wow

LOL, welcome Miria! Haha, it's interesting to note (and wasn't something that I thought of) that there would be visitors drawn only to an RP.

*Nods* It's looking good so far on having people interested. I'm interested in seeing what Ghai will write for his ideas and number of 'forums' needed.

Ghai, post your ideas here and so that way others (more experienced than I) can comment on it. I trust that you have good judgement but since I know nothing, I'm not sure I want to put it 100% into your hands only. I wouldn't mind having two or three project managers for this to keep ideas balanced.

I wonder if Archaic has more experience with this topic than me. :\ I'm going to see what his opinion is on this.

[] - [] - [] - []

Ghai
RPG Admin

Postby Ghai » Mon May 12, 2008 6:47 am

I'm not 100% sure about everything yet. In fact I didn't get the idea till after I posted my fanfict intro (excited to work more on that). What I've taken into consideration

First and foremost, I'll need a section devoted to role playing. In it I need three threads. The first, Etria. Second, First Stratum, and last Second Stratum. I'll also need an area to post the rules and any major announcements. This will only require one catagory with one forum. The last is an OOC. True we have one on the main forum, but I wouldn't want to clutter Role playing OOC such as questions or request with the main stream.

layout wise, something like;
Ruhda Hall
-Announcements
Explorers Guild
-Character application (and eventually Guild)
-Accepted Characters (And existing Guilds)
The Odyssey (Role Playing)
-Etria
-First Strautm; Emrald Grove
-Second Stratum; (can't remember name)
OOC (out of character)
-OOC (for anything rp or not rp related)
-Request
-Leave of absense (a place to say I'll be afk for a while)

Hopefully thats not being too needy.

Stat base sucks unless done 100% right. With Etrian Odyssey, making it to free form would allow for godly characters off the bat. To remedy this, I borrowed a little something from monster hunter; Hunter Rank. I also took a tinsy bit from FF12, I think, never played. First, the Labyrinth catagories

-Explore (A group of adventurer's enter the labyrinth for any reason from training, looking around, going deeper, or romance, ect.)
-Training (A group or solo walk through the forest to train with nature, monsters, or other adventurers.)
-Golden Dear Mission (Updated monthly from a subforum, most likly in Etria. These missions will have Item rewards, challenges, and anything else to make them similar to the in game missions)

Once your thread is completed, its submitted to the GM for quick review. Based on writing (nothing too critical), interest, and completion of the mission, you'll gain from 1-4 Guild Points. To obtain new skills, you trade guild points for them, thus a since of leveling up. The exact tree will be exactly like the one in EO1.

Now... I meantioned EO1 for a reason. Since EO2 isn't out, incorporating it into the RP wouldn't flow with all the changes. Once we have enough people versed in EO2, I'll ask for their help with an EO2 skill tree. The reason? While chances are we won't have Lagaard, you may prefer a War magus, OR the EO2 version of a Dark Hunter. With the EO2 skill tree, you could have your character be a foriegner from Lagaard, making him/her different skill wise from an Etria character. In all honesty, this is the last thing anyone should focus on. Its entirely hypathetical, and won't be thought of any further until EO2 is out and absorbing lives.

Story wise, for ease we'll keep the same story as EO1. If needed a few changes can be made, but until the thrid stratum story isn't going to be a huge factor.

Stratums. Important. The Guild Points won't be just for skills. Their second use, is gaining access deeper into the labyrinth. The Tree for that will be reasonable, and won't ruin your GP too much. If your GR (Guild Rank) is too low to enter a certain stratum, but your with a higher ranking member, you can still enter.

I'm going to take a small break to make sure every can understand what I'm trying to explain. I've got plenty more, but this is almost all the big stuff. Whats truely left is TP, which I'm purely against being actual numbers. That may be tied to your TP up, and GR. Everything else is pretty small stuff, but worth being written.

Still left
-Guild creation
-Class creation (tenative, cause some may be creative)
-Rules
-Skill creation (tenative, this'll be purely individual and require a certain Guild Rank)
-Drops
-NPC rules (monsters)
-Anything I forgot

Questions? Feel something isn't quite right? Also, I'd be more then happy to have staff members help with this.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 12, 2008 3:59 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Paranoia
Fenrir

Postby Paranoia » Mon May 12, 2008 4:24 pm

Why not have it in a sub forum type of thing:

You have the written legends section, why not change that to some name that has to do with creativity then branch the two sections, to the written fan fics and to the rping section, then you could make it, something like this if you don't understand that paragraph.

But I like this RPing idea.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 12, 2008 4:32 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Ghai
RPG Admin

Postby Ghai » Mon May 12, 2008 4:43 pm

First, I think I misunderstood you to a degree. I originally thought it was going to be almost a seperate, but connected forum. Truth be told I just got a bit excited. What I'm assuming is it'll be like the written works section; Titled and given as many forum catagories for it to work, nothing more.

From the point of view, I truely don't need any of the OOC. The request can defiantly be feedback and suggestions. The only thing left is Golden Deer Missions. I suppose that could be placed in Announcements, just in a seperate, controlled mini thread/forum. Or in a mini thread/forum for Etria. After that last one is handled, the rest is getting down the rules, skill tree, GP and GR (making them more user friendly), and comments from the people who wish to join.

[b]EDIT]/b]: I think we're all confused about how you would like to have the RP. I originally thought it was a sister board idea. Now I assume it'll be a new section tacked on to the main thread. Before anymore is worked with, I think it'll be best if we all understand how you would like to set it up.

64 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”