Role Playing

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 12, 2008 5:12 pm

*nods* okay... based on the prototype that we just came up with, I'll go ahead and make it so that way we will ALL be clear, 100%. It's not finished or even decided upon, though, so don't freak out.

Just give me a few minutes, okay.

Edit: Made. This is what I had in mind when we were talking. For such a small thing starting out I won't make a whole new forum. I'm not even sure if Archaic's server can support more than one forum database.

I also don't want it mixed up in the main forum. Nor do I really want it to have that many categories as opposed to the main board (make as many 'topic threads' as you want. Admins can PM me the request and I'll make them if you want more Stratums or whatever).

I hope this clears up the confusion ^_^; sorry. I've only been to a handful of forums and this is the most popular design I've ever seen. Even this forum: just had one.

Can I make a request, though, it can be ignored, but it was just something I wanted to throw out on the table: make it not SO related to EO. Not everyone coming into this forum will have played the first one. In fact I've met many people already who I am recommending the second game to but have not played the first one. Make the game so that they can play to. Yes, it's about the games and both or one story can be observed somewhere, but... no spoilers or anything that could totally lose a person.

There. Just thought I'd throw that one in while we were still discussing whether this project is going ahead or not. (Remember: don't get excited. i still haven't made up my mind about anything. ^_^;)

[] - [] - [] - []

Ghai
RPG Admin

Postby Ghai » Mon May 12, 2008 8:50 pm

Ah, so I undertood you my second time. That'll work perfectly for an RP just starting out. As for it being too similar, if an actual story gets made the only similarities will be the bosses. Maybe how the labyrinth was made as well.

I also want to know what people will prefer. Out of ease, I completely axed my weird stat based thing from before. Right now this is what I would do if we had a stat system. WHen you finish a thread, you contact an RP admin. For every page, you gain a skill point. Once you've obtained enough skill points in general, you can go into the next stratum.

The second is we do it purely freeform. No stats, no level, just your own good judgement.

I also really appriciate the dedication your giving this MagicFox. I'm also hoping that you'll be willing to give it a try. Its like writing a fanfict, but you get to interact with others!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon May 12, 2008 9:05 pm

*Nods* Yes, and if it becomes much larger, we can think about expanding it, but that's at least a year down the road. One step at a time, right?

Haha, well, one of my favorite communities had an RP that after the DM had left, they recalled it fondly and nostalgically as some of the best moments of their lives. I never participated but even I can appreciate how much fun others find in them. I've tried to get some going on previous forums but no one was ever interested in trying to get one together. So, I'm hoping that this time, it will definitely happen. However, I've got some memories from those past experiences and I wanna make sure that this doesn't end in a similar manner, but I don't think it will and you pretty much have me bought and sold on the matter.

*Shakes her head* Nah. Even with fanfiction, my writing these days has been too busy. These days when I sit down to write (when I get the chance) I rather spend it on my own novels. I want to get published so... unfortunately for me it would feel like wasted time better spent elsewhere. ^_^; My writing has much higher goals: income! Which is sad. I miss my childhood days of writing pages upon pages of fanfiction - Sonic meets Zelda, and another adventure in Mario land.

[] - [] - [] - []

Zai
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zai » Mon May 12, 2008 10:44 pm

Ghai
RPG Admin

Postby Ghai » Tue May 13, 2008 2:34 am

I can ride my bike with no handle bars

Zai
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zai » Tue May 13, 2008 2:38 am

Ghai
RPG Admin

Postby Ghai » Tue May 13, 2008 3:04 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue May 13, 2008 3:22 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Tue May 13, 2008 3:43 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue May 13, 2008 4:04 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Ghai
RPG Admin

Postby Ghai » Tue May 13, 2008 4:27 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed May 14, 2008 3:45 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Ghai
RPG Admin

Postby Ghai » Wed May 14, 2008 11:48 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu May 15, 2008 6:15 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Ghai
RPG Admin

Postby Ghai » Thu May 15, 2008 7:39 pm

64 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”