Help Max decide: Wii vs PS3!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

204 posts
Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:53 pm

I don't like the CC that much to be honest.

I normally advocate using the Wii Remote, but for SSBB I just can't get used to it and it doesn't work as well as the GC one.

[ | | | | ]

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:03 pm

Wii Remote is miserable. T-T

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:06 pm

My Club Nintendo Super Famicom Classic Controller doesn't work with SSBB :(
(It has no analog sticks) DX

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:55 pm

[ | | | | ]

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:20 pm

I'm so glad I hung on to my wavebird ^^

@SSBB
I want it, but I doubt I'd ever get someone to play it with me, therefore it is not worth the price right now. SADNESS.

I use to have friends who would play SSB with me... my favorite move was the SuicidalKirby in which I'd swallow my opponent and take them hurtling down into the dark abyss with me...

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Wait... Mario Kart isn't fun with the wheel attachment? T-T *devestated* That was the selling point for me and Rissa!

<_< And SSBB controls, is there something I don't know about them? You use the nunchuck and the remote, right? How can it be bad? That thing feels so comfortable in my hands now from playing RFF.

[] - [] - [] - []

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Carn loved Mario Kart with the wheel attachment, and I know a few people who enjoyed it as well. I just personally found it difficult to use, but that's probably just someone who's played too Mario Kart for their own good XD.

With SSBB, I enjoy don't just push up to jump, I like to push X, and I couldn't work out a way of doing it on the Wii Remote. I couldn't also get used to trying to grab people with the Wii Remote. If you can adjust your way of playing, that's great. But to me the Wii Remote lacks the correct button placement for SSBB.

[ | | | | ]

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:48 pm

[ | | | | ]

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:49 pm

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:03 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:19 pm

The "lol elitist NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FD" in me is crying right now just a little.

Anyway, up as jump for SSB is dumb. It's harder to short hop and makes utilts and usmash (without c-stick) annoying to pull off. Well, just tilts I suppose. Then again, I'm rusty these days and keep fucking up my utilts T.T

Has nothing to do with "non-fighting game" controls or anything of the sort. SSB mechanics are just more suitable to a jump button for certain maneuvers. Maybe you're infinitely more dextrous than I but most shffl combos (RIP Melee mechanics?) are a pain in the ass to pull off using up for jumping.

I just used shffl in a sentence. I must now end my life. It was good knowing everyone.

[spoiler]In all seriousness, use whichever is more comfortable. The Gamecube controller is probably the most used but that stems more from prior experience with the games. Well, that and it makes more sense than some of the other control schemes in terms of layout >>.[/spoiler]

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:21 pm

I LOVE that Brawl lets you turn off tap-jump. I hate jumping when I don't mean to. :(

And don't worry Scy. Let loose. You have wise words.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Good to know I'm not the only one who did that. Depending on who I use, C-Stick for specials is a must (Wolf/Falco for better laser coverage~) too. Unfortunately, we've lost all our Wavebirds/Gamecube controllers so the amount of Brawl playtime against people who don't suck* has gone down. I'm sad.

*After years of Gamecube controls, switching to ... well, anything else and trying to play competitively is hard and has made our matches go from seriousness to stupid 1v1 with Random :(

Thanks to this, I now don't suck with Lucas. Oh boy...

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:14 pm

204 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”