Help Max decide: Wii vs PS3!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

204 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Help Max decide: Wii vs PS3!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:16 am

So... here's to help me decide. I'm going to post two lists, one for each system, complete with the games I want. You guys list the games you think I'd want for each system and I'll edit the lists if the games appeal to me. Please post if any games are for XBox360 because I HAVE an XBox so those games wouldn't factor in too highly.

And ^_^ don't hesitate to mention games coming out in the future. Put an ~ by these. Meh, just look at my current lists and you'll get the idea:

Note: KH and Zelda... T-T my two loves are contesting for my attention and console purchase. >_< I can only pray that maybe KH COULD be put on XBox360 as well.

PS3 - $399.99
KINGDOM HEARTS GAMES IN THE FUTURE!!! ~ (?maybe)
Final Fantasy games in the future ~ (XBox360)
Katamari Forever ~
Katamari games in the future~ (?maybe)
Shin Megami Tensei in the future ~
Little Big Planet
Resident Evil (any, I've never played them...)
The Last Renmant (XBox360)
Tales of Vesperia (XBox360)
Valkyria Chronicles
Eternal Sonata (XBox360)

Wii - $249.99
FUTURE ZELDA GAMES!!! ~
Future FE Games in the future ~
-Virtual Console-
Mario Kart
Zelda: TP
Okami
Rune Factory Frontier
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Tales of Symphonia II (I should finish the first one, though!)
SSBB
Dokapon Kingdom
Trauma Center (whatever it is)
Baroque
Arc Rise Fantasia
Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:22 am

DON'T IGNORE ARC RISE FANTASIA IT'S LIKE THE DREAM RPG DEVELOPMENT TEAM SANS ITOI

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:26 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:34 am

xD Sorry. I was using caps lock to reinforce urgency. Arc Rise Fantasia is an upcoming RPG on the Wii.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQYJVsTpB-Q[/youtube]

The team consists of many the same people who worked on big hits like Tales of Symphonia and Chrono Trigger. It's turn-based but not the way you expect it to be. It's beyond what we've seen so far. Nothing like "Go there, attack the monster for your turn and go back." It's a more interesting combat system.

. The cast so far doesn't seem too unusual but lots of good characters seem average at first and become something amazing through out the adventure.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:43 am

Oooh, I'm impressed. Looks much like ToS. So, my next question, but I think you'll probably answer favorably since I believe it was you that had the same opinion as me:

It's not an "Up + A + B = MEGA FLASHY ATTACK SEEN A THOUSAND TIMES NOW HURTS MY EYES!" is it? I hate button combinations and the over flashiness that ToS seemed to have sometimes.

I'm still gonna add it to the list 'cause ^_^ I'm definitely interested in it.

[] - [] - [] - []

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:48 am

As far as I know you just pick a bunch of commands at your own pace depending on how many points you have among the team.

When I saw a video of it I thought it was Tales of Symphonia 3 with how it looked! A man with a red suit and brown hair running around on a world map with a style just like ToS. Then when I saw the combat I knew it was the Arc Rise Fantasia game I've heard so much about... a completely different art. *-*

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:52 am

You forgot No More Heroes :P

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:59 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:06 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Chronx6
Ragelope

Postby Chronx6 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:11 am

I just don't know what to put here!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:16 am

I purchased Animal Crossing for the Gamecube = BIGGEST fuggin' waste of money in my whole life.

I don't get the point. :\ You live a life... things open... you do things... uhh... I get WAY more excitement from Harvest Moon games where you have a purpose of growing crops, falling in love, and opening up the latest upgrade to an item - and still has the element of "Oh shit! o_o I forgot to buy seeds but the shop is closed and doesn't open tomorrow!"

:\ Animal Crossing was just boring to me and my sister tells me the DS version was no big great improvement, either.

@Trauma Center: i've heard that comment, but... :\ In the past I've enjoyed games with less than adequate controls (Sword of Mana for GBA jumps to mind) so, ^_^ I think I'll give it a try, but appreciate the warning. I'll make sure to buy it used or rent.

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:18 am

IMO:

Animal Crossing = The Sims = Harvest Moon

Pick one of the games above. Guess what? You can't beat ANY of them.
They NEVER end.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:22 am

*grabs Zeta by the collar* OMG DON'T YOU EVER COMPARE HARVEST MOON TO SIMS EVER AGAIN!!

>_< Actually, there is an "end" but after you reach the "ending goal" it can be an ever-continuing game if you like (for certain HM games). And the original HM DID have an ending. RF series is no different. In fact in the RF series, by reaching the end, you unlock a special girl you can try to hook up with.

:P Please check your facts next time!

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:29 am

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:33 am

204 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”