Help Max decide: Wii vs PS3!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

204 posts
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:09 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:35 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:52 pm

how so? Next to my 360, it's my most unused system XD
If it weren't for Disgaea 3, it would BE my most unused system.

Onigiri
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Onigiri » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Hmm, I have to say that my PS3 is my most unused system. Most of my gaming time (which isn't a lot) goes to WoW. Whatever I have left usually is devided equally between my DS (still need to finish about 25 games >_<) and my PSP (can't get enough of Phantasy Star Portable, and Disgaea: AoD, my fav. games on it).
Though, I believe that when I finally get my hands on FF XIII & FF VS XIII, the scales may tip a bit.
Also, atm I hardly have time for gaming, but in about a month or so evening-classes should be over and I can devote myself to a bit more of entertainment.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!

( b^ .^)b o( º . º)o d(^ o ^)b o(º . º )o d(^. ^d )

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:17 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:46 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:28 am

Once Cave Story comes out for the Wii, I'll actually have a reason not to punt it out my window.

(Earlier, I had decided that out of my 17+ systems, if I had to choose three to punt out my window, I'd choose my Wii, PS3, and XBOX 360.)

Essentially, the combination of the VC, Cave Story, and No More Heroes would save my Wii from forcibly meeting my front lawn via my foot.

Despite how amazing they are, Dead Rising and Earth Defense Force 2017 are not enough to grant my 360 a reprieve.

With the PS3... there's MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, Disgaea 3, and Yakuza 3.
Hmmm..... nope, not enough. However, the option to download Little Princess: Marl Oukoku no Ningyou Hime 2, Rakugaki Showtime, and Jumping Flash 1 & 2 from the PSN made me quite happy :D

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:53 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:02 pm

*shrugs* Too many people complain about the 360 lacking games yet they never buy shit for it. I find that dumb. Then again, I've pretty much accepted I'm a different type of gamer than like ... everyone here.

[spoiler]And if someone says something about "SHOOTERS ONLY OMG" I will find where you live and murder you.[/spoiler]

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:17 pm

The 360, like all of the newest gen. home consoles, lacks good games.
I own.... ~25 games for the 360, and most of them became quickly tiresome.

Also, I'd like to say that the FPS genre as a whole seems to suck more every year.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:43 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:18 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:55 am

And then i would argue: the DS has some of the best games that have given me the most replay value or just survived the longest.

Sometimes it just depends on your tastes.

And I agree with most of your arguments in there, Scy. Really, I want all of the consoles, however, I like a huge library of games that I enjoy before I validate a purchase - which is what this thread was even about originally XD

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:22 am

I can't think of too many superawesome games on the DS. I mean, I enjoyed a lot of them, yes, but I'd lump them in a "good but not great" category (this includes CT ... fuck you ports don't count). This category houses a lot of games though so it's not like there's anything "wrong" with the system (like, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, etc. are here).

Edit: To further illustrate this, there's not too many "SUPERAWESOME" games I can think of in general for most systems. I mean, I can think of good suggestions if you're in the market for a certain type of game but not many that transcend that. So, for what it's worth, to say there's not many "SUPERAWESOME" games on the DS is a bit misleading >>

The biggest thing is, however, that most the DS games are ridiculously short (for me). Keep in mind, it only took me like a week to beat Etrian Odyssey (though I do consider that relatively good length for it). I've picked up and FINISHED some DS games in the same day.

Edit: I quite enjoyed a lot of the DS games I've played through but they weren't "great." Mediocre fits the bill for a lot of them. The main concern is a lot were short. Meh. Not sure how to properly say this, I suppose. A lot of the games "bring me in" but then end or they don't do enough to satisfy me. A shortcoming of the system (or lofty expectations that need to be curbed), I suppose.

...that and I still think the touch mechanic is dumb. Then again, I found myself in a weird predicament when I was bitching that touch DIDN'T work with Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume ... ... >>

I also don't give a fuck about portability since I don't take the DS anywhere (well, outside of nice for long car rides but I can usually just deal with iPod or talking to people). I don't regret having my DS and I can't imagine not picking one up ... but I can still safely say it is the weakest of my systems.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
204 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”