Recent Purchases Thread

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

4960 posts
Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Recent Purchases Thread

Postby Zypose » Sun May 03, 2015 12:57 am

Indeed. i have untold to tide me over til then, so now i wait.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu May 07, 2015 6:09 pm

XD geeking out right now.... I ordered it. I couldn't resist. I've only ever read this on the scans that I had on my Zelda site.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/142157 ... dp_summary

[] - [] - [] - []

melonbread
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby melonbread » Fri May 08, 2015 6:26 am

Played a lot of this over golden week!

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri May 08, 2015 9:28 pm

I'm jealous. I never got a Wii U...

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Fri May 08, 2015 9:41 pm

I hope that game will have made the Wii U feel worth it. Right now, only MK8 has been spectacular.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri May 08, 2015 10:00 pm

There's good platformers too...

But there's a lot of good stuff coming out in the next couple years, right? Splatoon, Star Fox, Zelda...even if good releases are few and far between, it won't be long before it's worth buying just for the library, like what eventually happened with the PSP.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Fri May 08, 2015 10:30 pm

:( I don't care for platformers. Looking forward to Zelda U, though.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Sat May 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Impractical? Yeah, I'm not really much for accessories.
Cool looking? Hell yeah! At least in my opinion.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat May 09, 2015 11:57 pm

I got a New 3DS today, mostly using gift cards from Christmas. :)

There was someone who needed a 3DS? I have an old one I'm not using now. The R button might be a bit finicky, but it's solid otherwise.

Jarelo
Ragelope

Postby Jarelo » Sun May 10, 2015 4:47 am

@melonbread I'm so jealous! I've been a huge fan of the Xeno- series for a while and I've been on hype overload for X since it was announced over two years ago.

Today I spent my gaming budget for the summer on SMT:Record Breaker and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle. Unless I make some extra money in addition to what I'd normally be making, I might not be able to buy EO2U right away whenever that comes out. rip.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue May 12, 2015 2:13 am

Tea people should recognize this. You put a tea light in there and your teapot on top to keep your tea warm.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue May 12, 2015 6:55 am

Curious shape. The ones I've known had holes in the side but only one in the top, where the teapot/pan/whatever you want to keep warm goes. Seems like the heat would just seep out with this many holes in the top.

Ho, I actually have one myself. Almost forgot I had it.

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Tue May 12, 2015 7:29 am

I opted for this kind since I have a metallic teapot. Figure it would be just the amount of heat for what I want since you really just want the metal to do most of the work. Most of the ones I have seen were glass, though.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue May 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Finally completed my Cardcaptor Sakura set:

I already had the re-release of the TV series from Madman a few years ago and the re-release of the first movie from Eastern Star from a while back. The second movie apparently won't see a re-release, so I had to go to Ebay for the original Pioneer release, and find a seller who both had a copy in decent condition and was willing to ship to NL (disappointingly many don't want to do that). I got the Special Edition, which has a nice art booklet. So it cost a bit more, but hey, she has to catch all those cards, not all except one :)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Fri May 15, 2015 11:43 pm

Alright, so. I used to have a GTX 560 video card. Served me very well since I got the computer built.

This is my score with the Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward Benchmark on the original card on maximum settings. Decent enough, I mean, it was fairly high after all. Still impressive with an outdated card. Will stretch your screen.

New games are coming out wanting me to have a better card. So, with the Witcher 3 coming out really soon, I decided to go ahead and buy a new one. The new card is a GTX 970, which I got for only 350. It also comes with The Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight. This is the result right after plugging it in. Also will stretch your screen.

10 seconds were shaved off the load times, and the actual score nearly tripled. Not much difference graphically, since both are at maximum, and my card was still pretty good when FF14 2.0 came out. Performance wise... it was pretty much smooth throughout the entire video, with very little dips. This thing is a beast.

4960 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”