Don't know where else to put this

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:54 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:04 pm

>> I like spam. Pan fried with eggs and rice. Guilty pleasure T.T

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:45 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:21 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:00 am

<_< >_> Wait....

You guys fry it?

Er... my parents just open up the can and slice in.

I USE to like it when I was young, but then I got EXTREMELY sick. Everytime I taste that, I'm reminded of vomit.

Can't drink gingerale anymore for a similar reason. Whenever I get super-sick (I get stomach viruses a LOT) I drink it to help settle my stomach. It works too! .... :( I just can't drink it anymore outside of those times.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:12 pm

Yeah, it's pre-cooked.

My grandpa does the same with hotdogs, too, sometimes. Just reaches in, grabs on, and eats it without cooking it. (I prefer my hotdogs heated, though. microwaved at least, though cooked in boiling water or on the grill is the best!)

^_^; It's just like "lunchmeat" Kino. You don't fry that now, do you?

^_^ I got grape-juice post-surgery. I wish my parents would get this more often. You know.. people are always dissing hospital food. Personally, I could live on the turkey sandwiches and the blueberry muffins they were feeding me.

*mutters* though the first time i had surgery it was all I could do to eat that turkey sandwhich. UGGGG! I got SO sick on that anesthetic. T-T I was so glad that they told me not to eat or drink anything for 24hours before it.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Lunch meat is terrifying. I like Pastrami, though, and roast beef... Oh man I miss lunch meat ;__; I haven't had any in months...

I didn't have 24 hours notice since it was a slight "Emergency" type surgery, so I did get sick from the anesthesia that evening. My mom had gone to town to get me a pizza, but I puked it up... o_o While watching the Wizard of Oz. They were singing about the yellow brick road when I made my offering to the porcelain gods.

ETA:
THIS IS SO OFF-TOPIC

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:03 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Kino's Surgery Story!
[spoiler]
No, they kept me overnight! I got sick the following evening, post-release.

I broke my arm in the early afternoon, so they kept me at the hospital until the late evening when they could operate (waiting on my stomach to empty out; I wasn't allowed food or drink before the surgery). Waiting 6-7 hours for surgery while your arm is at a 90 degree angle midway between your wrist and elbow is certainly a unique experience! The surgery, btw, was to set the bones and attach a metal plate to my radius. I still have my metal plate, along with a wicked 4 1/2 inch scar on my arm.

After surgery, I was returned to my room. I didn't sleep much at ALL that night, though. I remember being very bored, very frustrated, and in a lot of pain. They released me just before breakfast the next day... I went with my mother to Wal-mart to fill my painkiller prescription and get my birthday cake (Yes, I broke my arm two days before my birthday, which naturally canceled the pool-party I had planned). Since I was post-surgery, my mom and I talked the door greeter into giving me a handicap cart... which was fun! Highlight of the day.

I had to keep my arm elevated over my heart, so my mom made me a pallet on the living-room couch. The living-room, so I'd have the TV, but also because my room had been flooded the month before. I spent the entire summer without a bedroom! I lived in the living-room. When I became restless with the sofa, my dad dragged my mattress into the room so I could sprawl out on it.

But! I learned how to play GoldenEye with just my right hand! ^^ So, life wasn't all that bad. By the time I was ready to return to school in the fall, I was down to only a brace to help with my physical therapy. o_o To this day I still experience difficulties with my wrist/fingers from nerve and muscle damage. I'm unable to grip things properly and my range of movement is restricted. However, I type almost exclusively with my left hand, so there ya go.
[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:52 pm

Awww! I see ^_^

That's weird to experience it post-surgery that evening. x_x It hit me hard and fast. They were trying to talk me back into consciousness and everything - and they were having problems doing so. Hell, I know I had to have had a tube in my airway, and I vaguely remember the instructions they gave me as they were pulling it out, but, I don't even hardly remember that.

I just remember at one point them calling out to me trying to get me awake again and then I muttered "not... feeling... good...."

I think a few other words were exchanged and I threw up. It was more dribble than puke, easy to clean up, and then they gave me one of those stupid trays, which I had trouble with 'cause my body just wouldn't respond to my command of keeping it up at my mouth despite how often and violently my body was attempting to heave.

^_^; It's a pretty funny story anyways since I'm a hard sleeper to begin with. I was once told that I slept through a fire alarm going off (batteries died, mom had trouble getting it to shut up). I've even been told that I've slept walked in the past (believable since I've woken up before in the bathroom without remembering how I got there).

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:20 pm

XD I apparently questioned them about waking up. I dreamed, while under the anesthetic, that I'd woken up during the surgery while the doctor was still attaching the plate. In my dream, I looked over and he had a big drill going BRRRZZZ into my flayed-open arm.

So the nurse was like "Honey, wake up" and I'm all "Are you done? Are you sure it's okay? Really?"

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:30 pm

lol! XD

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:51 am

<_< Considering the nature of the topic title, I'm going to post this, I hope Elys doesn't mind?

----------

So, I write ramblings and scrawlings on my LJ - nothing professional. Hell, I don't even know if anyone reads what I say, and some of them are VNs.

I wrote this one back in Feb and recently someone replied to it.

http://maxine-magicfox.livejournal.com/ ... =1#t242272

Could you tell me if I handled this properly. >_< I still feel overly miffed about this, but did I MISS something here?! I just feel like I completely wasted my time but I wonder if I didn't come down a little too hard. I'm sure he'll post something again later.

I just find the whole exchange very fuggin' annoying. The kid didn't have ANYTHING to say yet still commented on it.

[] - [] - [] - []

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
31 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”