HARUHI SEASON 2 HARUHI SEASON 2 HARUHI SEASON 2 HARUHI SEASO

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat May 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Let me clear this up before you get the wrong impression ^_^; and maybe you won't hate me quite so much.

The actual character designs: I LIKE. They aren't OMG-I-LOVE or anything, but they are good.

However, it's when the .... art is in motion that I dislike it. Especially in the first 10 mins of the first episode there's a lot of.... messiness to it. :\ Like it was slapdashed together and they didn't feel like cleaning it up. The motions were just very awkward, too. (honestly... the characters just sometimes seemed like they were blogs trying to keep their forms together and intact)

T-T I'm sorry, Scy!! Don't hate me!! ^_^;

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat May 23, 2009 8:29 pm

We'll see when I watch it in motion. I've been putting it off for awhile since I can't STAND SD/4:3 releases and wanted to marathon it (like Kimiko, I'm waiting for it to finish but Kristen's Mio <3 has made me want to follow the Widescreen releases >>)

After MariaHolic's intro (gg's karaoke at that), there's no level of frantic that would phase me. I know the K-ON art bugged me at first when I saw the SD screencaps but the WS (at least from the OP, ED, and caps) looks fine.

[spoiler]And I don't hate you~[/spoiler]

Edit: And I couldn't STAND Hidamari Sketch but I only got through like 8 or 9 episodes so who knows. I went in expecting something funny and ... got nothing. And the character designs bug me. A lot.

I mean, I'll eventually finish it but it is so far down the list that ... well, who knows.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat May 23, 2009 8:35 pm

[spoiler]There's lots of other animes we've agreed on in the past. <3 We will always love each other, right?[/spoiler]

Maybe it's just me being picky, too. 'Cause I showed the episode to my younger sister and she was like "I LOVE IT!" :\ I dunno.

I will probably eventually watch it, too, just 'cause I AM a fan of KyoAni and because I'm curious.

But, then again... I still haven't even finished up Lucky Star... XD no reason, just that I haven't.

Hopefully, though, i will be getting a little more into anime. I downloaded another torrent client (uTorrent) after having some major issues with a torrent a few days ago and I'm so impressed by the work it did then, that I'm hoping it won't make downloading such a chore. I just don't welcome the idea of watching any more anime on youtube, either. I'm a quality-whore. And youtube irks me o_O;

Edit; OH! XD I JUST REALIZED THAT HIGURASHI REI 3 IS UP!! ... dunno who the translator is but I don't give a shit.... *DOWNLOADS*

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat May 23, 2009 8:38 pm

uTorrent is awesome. What was the issue, out of curiosity?

[spoiler]And I need someone else in the "What anime are you watching?" thread so I'm not just updating my same post over and over with edits~

Got that last one to something like 6 different shows and like 40-ish edits before you posted in it T.T[/spoiler]

Edit: Also good to know someone else is in with me on quality~~~ I have so many 720p/1080p/Blu-ray releases T.T
Edit: I know of NONE of the groups subbing Rei >>

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat May 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Agree that uTorrent is awesome.

Otherwise, I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

[spoiler]
I feel obligated to watch anime now, just to help Scy out~
[/spoiler]

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat May 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Well, I've been having issues with it over the years of getting some REALLY REALLY slow downloads. I've actually always believed that it was just my crappy connection (but it is DSL?). I never understood it. I think it also has to do with that I know little to nothing about how bittorrent works.

But then I wanted to download the full pack of Chi's Sweet Home. It said there were seeders but I was only getting about 3kb/s. A norm with most downloads Either 3 or if it was a new torrent I could get 30kb/s with a max of 40ish or so.

Poking around wondering if I had some settings wrong I then realized that o_O I was NOT actually uploading. I dunno if the program ever did. And while I don't understand it I know the saying with torrent is "tit-for-tat".

So, I then just googled to find everyone's consensus on what the best torrent program was and just gave it a whirl to see if it actually would help.

While on the same torrent it said 3kb/s, uTorrent got me 40kb/s as a MINIMUM and at certain points reached up to 75kb/s if not higher (since I didn't always watch it obviously). And it's uploading - no mistaking that.

So, I dunno what the problem was/is. I just know that uTorrent gave it to me faster. :3 And that is something I LIKE LOTS.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat May 23, 2009 8:52 pm

Depends. There's a multitude of issues, one of which may just be the old client not utilizing everything capable for finding seeders (DHT, Peer Discovery, Peer Exchange) or any of the other neat features to increase speeds.

[spoiler]DSL isn't "fast" per se; I mean, it IS better than dial-up and blah blah blah etc. but it IS slower than, say, Cable. The perk, however, is that it is more stable; Cable has higher bandwidth but depending on how many other people in your neighborhood/area share the pipeline and their own use, your speeds greatly vary. It is very possible for Cable to dip below DSL speeds if you're in an area with enough high bandwidth users.

...my area must probably hate me.[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat May 23, 2009 8:56 pm

^_^; I have a problem with making sure to download latest versions of applications, so, it probably is that it is just a VERY old app that I was using.

Yeah, I know DSL isn't "fast" but, I just always feel that somehow, with torrenting involved, it's suppose to do more than 3kb/s ....

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat May 23, 2009 9:01 pm

Oh yeah, no doubt. Was just commenting on it. And be glad then that uTorrent gives the option for auto updating.

Depending on the tracker (i.e., Box) I can get up to nearly 1MB down for popular torrents. 100-200kb/s is my average for most torrents that have something resembling decent seeder count.

[spoiler]Code Geass S1 (Blu-ray) took me all of 3 hours for 11.18GB. Was neat.[/spoiler]

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat May 23, 2009 10:44 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat May 23, 2009 10:54 pm

.... *is downloading the first episode out of curiousity*

It didn't need to come over to America. If I see another cos-player dressed up as a Haruhi character or that dance played out again, or see Lucky Star or K-On done to the dance or even see another joke from it cracked, I'm really just going to go insane. -_-;

And seriously, sometimes I really do wonder how popular the series would have been if it A) did NOT have the dance and B) WAS written in a chronological fashion (albeit a more exciteable one that you'd receive if you just played the episodes in order).

That's how I even found out about the series. Someone posted up a youtube video of the dance.

Seriously, though, you know, I really wish that the anime could have been more "episode 1" (unchrono) style. When I first watched it, it really seemed like it was just going to be a fun series about this group of high schoolers trying to create and learn more about video-editting and creating. XD

o_O And then the second episode started "I don't believe in.... ..." and, well, the second episode really dashed what I had hoped the series was going to be about. :( I've still never really forgiven it, deep down.

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat May 23, 2009 10:59 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat May 23, 2009 11:00 pm

Last edited by scy on Sat May 23, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat May 23, 2009 11:12 pm

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Sat May 23, 2009 11:16 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
76 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”