HARUHI SEASON 2 HARUHI SEASON 2 HARUHI SEASON 2 HARUHI SEASO

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat May 23, 2009 11:19 pm

Last edited by scy on Sat May 23, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat May 23, 2009 11:33 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat May 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Paradox != Sci-Fi.

Seems too ... I dunno. Genshiken has that in reverse (about the people forced into the club) if I recall and it wasn't too bad there. Genshiken is old though and feels a bit outdated watching it.

I don't know why I can't think of more serieseseses like that when it seems like a common plot (anti-social person forces people to do stuff and grows as a character due to it).

Medaka Box (new Manga) has that except, so far, it is only one forced character (token love interest). Though it's an ecchi romantic comedy.

ps, that also sounds like Haruhi as it is a lot of REAL LIFE interactions with "sci-fi" interactions _that she doesn't know occurs_

Edit: Who knows. The only thing I can think of is the colors look a little washed out but I can't recall the first season perfectly. I have the DVDs somewhere so I'll compare later (or if I have to, find the subbed DVD ones).
Last edited by scy on Sat May 23, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat May 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Aliens done right are great subjects because they make us understand more about our own species and all of our strengths and flaws

I always thought Yuki was less of an alien and more of a....robot I guess, and what I love was that she wasn't created to have emotions, but has them, and has to constantly deal with that pain, argh I love Yuki

EDIT: Also Genshiken is win (read the first manga recently, and watched the beginning of the anime), it is so refreshing when you need a break from fantastic crazy stuff

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat May 23, 2009 11:44 pm

^_^; I don't have as extensive database of knowledge about anime as you seem to Scy so I wouldn't know if such anime like that exist. But, you are still missing the formual: DOES IT HAVE A HARUHI?!!

If not >

FORMULA = FAIL

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat May 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Probably not.

Hayate no Gotoku has her ... in one episode.

Though, I still stand by my statement that Haruhi is just like what you said. The "sci-fi" stuff occurs in the background without her knowledge. What SHE does is without the sci-fi element (at least to her knowledge).
Last edited by scy on Sat May 23, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sat May 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Yuki is awesome. So are Yunocchi and friends. And Lucky Star. Everyone should watch and appreciate those anime.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat May 23, 2009 11:48 pm

now see I have seen episodes of Lucky Star and enjoyed them, but then I'd try to sit down from the first episode and GODDDD

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT CREAM PUFFS OR WHATEVER EVEN IF IT IS CUTE HOW YOU TRY TO EAT IT DAMN

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sat May 23, 2009 11:52 pm

How you eat them is important. Talking about that is even more so.

If you just want cuteness without any filling, watch Ichigo Mashimaro (Strawberry Marshmallow).
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat May 23, 2009 11:55 pm

I'll be honest, the first episode does have some of the least funny. That's kind of how 4-koma tend to work; they're not ALL awesome.

...well, sometimes. Less funny than others? I dunno shit.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sun May 24, 2009 12:00 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun May 24, 2009 12:05 am

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sun May 24, 2009 12:09 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun May 24, 2009 12:12 am

Anime is forever locked in High School. I've just gotten used to this and accepted it. Unfortunately. Thankfully a lot of action-y shows have entered the mid-20s.

[spoiler]And look 13.[/spoiler]

Shugo Chara was sort of refreshing in the different setting, albeit still school ... though it creeps me out a little whenever I remember THEY'RE LIKE 10 YEARS OLD.

Edit: Though ... it could've taken place in a High School setting without a damn difference really. Except I'd feel less odd from when I thought that Amu (heroine) was awesome. And I suppose the plot would be a little different without them being so young.

Oh well. School setting is a bit more entertaining I guess than business. They're spunkier and less spiteful at that age. Possibly. Maybe. Probably not.

Edit: Also, based on anime, I'm convinced College/University life doesn't actually exist.
Last edited by scy on Sun May 24, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sun May 24, 2009 12:25 am

Funny that my current favourite, Hoshi no Kaabii, has nothing like that.~

76 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”