What manga are you currently reading?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

674 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

What manga are you currently reading?

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:35 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:41 pm

[s]rereading SOLA[/s]

WHO THE FUCK READS MANGA

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Nobody. Duh.

[spoiler]Probably will catch up on Soul Eater today since I have most of the early volumes that I haven't read yet.[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:03 am

Reading:

Nana
Fruits Basket

I think Kimiko was mostly addressing Scy's obsession with posting overly large images of manga from say Negima and such.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:21 am

Meh, at least I spoiler tag them. Thumbnail links don't seem to work properly or else I'd do that (they either just bring up the thumbnail or link to ... the thumbnail, where you have to change the address yourself).

Example:

or

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:52 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:53 am

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:53 am

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:17 am

No, it wasn't because of the large images. Thumbnails work fine for that. Until the image linking gets fixed you can just post the thumbnail followed by a text link to the big image.

It just seemed that lately there were a lot of posts discussing manga in the anime thread. I thought it would be better to keep the two in different topics so we don't get confuzzled. Thanks for picking up the suggestion :)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 am

I read manga way more often than I watch anime!

Right now I'm reading Totally Captivating

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:43 am

Tsukihime
Mushishi

And when I the aria books I ordered, Ill be reading them too. :|

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:27 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:52 pm

[spoiler]Middle aged Mion (...well, Shion) is ... well, yeah. Just what is expected of her, I suppose. I also think this is the only time Mion actually kills anyone ... well, maybe. I think everyone, including Mifune at the end, is only wounded. Not sure how nearly cleaving someone is half leaves them wounded but whatever.

The arc contains a hell of a lot more supernatural than any other (the deceased talking to his killer, the suicide victims speaking to Otobe, Mion herself) but it's somehow one of the least sad stories.

Well, as "happy" as a lover being murdered only to find out he truly wished to repent for all he had done (mistreat her) and the group suicide who all apparently have a worst past than Otobe. That and, you know, it follows Tsumiboroshi-hen to a point (the school burns down and everyone dies). Okay, in hindsight, it's pretty fucking depressing.

The arc doesn't really add much though; I mean, there's no real unanswered questions from Tsumiboroshi-hen so ... yeah. Just an excuse, I guess, to show off Mion/Shion in her 30s killing people and that Hinamizawa, post-everyone dying, is a great place to murder people / commit suicide. Do not go as a vacation spot.

"It'd be nice ... if next time we're twins again."

Seems most the Manga only arcs cover what happens in another arc (either before or after, as Utsutsukowashi-hen covers Shion prior to moving to Hinamizawa). Not sure what "ending" Onisarashi-hen follows, my guess is probably Tsumiboroshi-hen as well (a prequel to Yoigoshi-hen possibly?).[/spoiler]

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:33 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:36 pm

I re-read portions of Maus and Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron the other day when I found them in a box of books I forgot I had. Dunno if they count, though.

674 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”