Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

8284 posts

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZERS

wat
14%
PEWPEWPEW
86%

Total votes: 84

noodles
ItL Moderator

Re: Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Postby noodles » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:19 pm

bro you're alright >:'/

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:27 am

>:'/

I'm doing fine now, but thanks dude.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:38 am

18:35:33 trancehime: Someone called me, I asked them who they were, they hung up on me...
18:35:47 trancehime: Sometimes I can't tell if I accidentally snubbed off contact for a job interview or if it was just a cold call

i hate this
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm never worried about that because nobody calls me back, ever.

Good luck with the jobhunting! Hope it doesn't suck out your whole soul before you find something.

-PLA

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Moving all of my stuff out of my house. It was a fun year, but now I have to live with my parents till March or so. AURGH.

-PLA

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Isn't it amazing how many people have actually made cake for *Hyun-ae?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Etrian Veteran
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Etrian Veteran » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:47 pm

Did you make a cake for her kimiko? I know i tried, but it didn't come out as well as i'd hoped it would...
FC: 3952-7612-1296

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:57 pm

(linked to large versions)

The first says "♥⁺⁺" and the second "Hyun-ae".
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:52 am

Back to school tomorrow. The class I'm getting this year is 10x better than the one I just had, and I have a lot more experience and preparation, but its still kind of stressful.

@Zamisk: Move to California and live with me instead

Etrian Veteran
Manticor

Postby Etrian Veteran » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:39 am

good luck starfe! you seemed like you handled last year's class really well, despite them probably being really awful, so i'm sure you'll do just fine this year too.

uni starts tomorrow for me, and since it's my first year i'm still a little intimidated by everything. luckily nothing seems like it's going to be too bad tomorrow.
FC: 3952-7612-1296

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:53 pm

-PLA

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:22 pm

ALS ice bucket awareness can fuck off. Just do the decent thing and donate, if you want, and stop attention seeking. I have much hate for attention seeking awareness, stay classy people.

[ | | | | ]

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:31 pm

I legitimately don't have 100 dollars to donate to anything right now, so if I get nominated I'll do the challenge to keep people off of my back. And anyway, ALS has just gotten way more money for research than it ever has before, so this can't be that unbearable.

-PLA

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:05 am

I wasn't really bothered by the ALS trend to begin with, but any whisper of mild eye rollingness that might have eventually occurred instantly evaporated the moment I saw this particular one. I am not afraid to admit I choked up. Skip the first ten seconds or so if you want to skip goofy ice bucket dumping on a man in a hot pink bikini posing on the hood of a car.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:13 am

The part where he says, "You have no idea how every single challenge makes me feel, lifts my spirits, lifts every single ALS patient's spirits. You are really truly making a difference and we are so so so grateful." THAT's the part that makes it interesting. I don't really see how they're "taking over the internet for weeks on end." I am on the internet all the time and I've barely seen two or three things here and there. It's GOOD that they've got your attention. It's good that they're doing something silly and harmless to bring awareness to something this terrifying. I can see getting annoyed by the people who do the challenge only for the attention to themselves and their bodies, but ultimately they're still doing ALS patients a favor whether they legitimately care about it or not.

And I get that dumping water on attractive people is a tacky way of going about it, but ultimately it isn't about that and it's certainly not as big a deal as being diagnosed with something that will slowly take your life in a few years. Big deal, people have bodies and sometimes they use them to get attention. Sometimes that attention is for a good cause like this one. The whole point is to raise awareness of this disease, and they've done that extremely well. , the ice bucket challenge has raised "$41.8 million in donations compared to $2.1 million during the same time period last year (July 29 to August 21)." Let the people have their hot folks dumping ice on themselves for charity. I call it a win.

Also, I don't imagine having ice poured onto you is that fun. I say that as someone who lives in TEXAS. It's HOT here. We like anything that brings a little more coolness. I still wouldn't want to have a bucket of ice dumped on me. Ice is sharp! It hurts when it falls on you! xD And that's just too cold, even for me.

8284 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”