Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

8284 posts

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZERS

wat
14%
PEWPEWPEW
86%

Total votes: 84

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Re: Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Postby negzee » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:48 am

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:09 am

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:33 pm

Indeed, it saddens me how much great material is forced onto the cutting room floor. Such is the nature of the creative process.

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:41 am

I mix up Canadian and US coins quite a bit. In Canada, US nickels, dimes and quarters are pretty much treated the same as Canadian ones, and here in Minnesota, I've jumbled the two up and it hasn't really mattered too much. The two currencies a close enough and I'm north enough that we're just kinda USAdian.

Edit:
Oh, and I wanted to say something in this thread anyway this evening: Fuck you, MN gov. You guys always take an ice age and a half to process anything, I stopped checking for my citation to be entered in your goddamned system weeks ago. And then suddenly you mail me a notice of a late fee being tacked on. And I cut myself opening that envelop, too. Oh and btw it was not a 55mph zone, it was a 60mph zone. Gawd.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:31 am

In the northern states (or at least Michigan), Canadian coins and American ones are used interchangeably (to the point that back when I lived in Michigan I generally had several Canadian coins in my wallet at any given time.).

Except vending machines, they usually won't take Canadian quarters.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:47 am

The exchange rate has been bad for a while now, my comic store charges US cover price + the exchange rate or I'd never know. US coins never get rejected up here, but I'd imagine bills do.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:14 am

Truly sucky and I'm trying my hardest NOT to complain but today was just a fucking bitch. This new position just... everything about it just pisses me off.

To recap: I applied for a job to be a tech (that works with coding) for this particular spot at work and instead I was told "no positions at this position but would you like this one so we can see your work, will be in a really good spot when a position opens up, etc." I took it, better pay. It's a scheduling job.

In other words: I took a secretary position.

And a part that truly did not dawn on me until today - like as if that's not insulting enough to be like "yeah let me schedule someone else to do what I could do for you" - oh, I get to deal with the customers when the techs fuck something up.

I didn't realize that most of the work is "non consultation" which means the tech doesn't speak with the customer. Which means: the scheduler plays monkey in the middle.

One of my bosses that was helping me resolve the issue said "oh, it was done by this tech... let's just try to get this done for the customer instead since I don't wanna hear that tech whine and complain because he don't want to do it because it is something that's a little extra"

I dealt with the situation FOR AN HOUR!! With two people SCREAMING at me.
Worst part is: IF I HAD BEEN THE TECH I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY HAPPY TO HAVE DONE THIS FOR THE CUSTOMER!!

You're telling me there is a tech who half asses their job and pisses off the customer, BUT I'M SITTING HERE WASTING MY TALENTS IN A STUPID FUCKING SECRETARY SPOT?!!

I don't give a shit the customer yelled at me - what do I care? I was in RETENTION for a WHOLE YEAR. I care because it's a fucking insult. >_<

It's a hard pill to swallow. I should have expected it. I didn't. Didn't even cross my mind I would be dealing with this situation and probably more to follow. FML!!

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:54 am

Maxine, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope things improve for you. :(

-PLA

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:04 am

Ugh, that must be maddening, Maxine. But maybe since you can speak intelligently about problems like that the boss might notice you actually know what you're talking about? That way when something does open up they'll think of you.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:53 am

Hey, thanks guys. Yeah, I'll just keep the faith and hang in there. The boss knows that I want the tech spot. I'll just have to deal. -_-; *sigh* It's better than retention... I just have to keep telling myself that. I think it wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so hurt that I didn't get the spot I was wanting.

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:31 am

Hang in there, Maxine!

Hope this helps.

-PLA

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:09 pm

It's probably a little sad how much I like that song.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:57 pm

I've watched a lot of Harry Potter movies today, the realisation that there's going to be no more Harry Potter movies (I'm super excited for the entire Fantastic Beasts films, but it's not the same) or books makes me sad. It happens every time. I love the films and books, they're all great, but sadness is there too.

I have the same issue with everything I love, Azumanga, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Host Club and whatever else will appear over the years.

[ | | | | ]

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:39 am

^ Aww. That's unexpectedly endearing.

So. I'm single again. @-@ I'd really like to get as invested in a relationship as my previous partners have been, even if it means I'm the one who gets wrecked in the end. I really would. I'm tired of hurting people and leaving and being the one who got away.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:45 pm

I have all the feels and I don't know where to put them.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
8284 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”