Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

8284 posts

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZERS

wat
14%
PEWPEWPEW
86%

Total votes: 84

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:55 am

This is sounding kind of like 5E, lol.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:56 am

Well yeah, I mean, Pathfinder consolidated a lot of the unnecessary things in 3.5, and 5e took it further; but feats themselves are optional in 5e. A feat will do a ton of great things but it always has to be weighed against an ability score increase, so what happens in 5e is you might spend whole levels not actually gaining new abilities, which isn't a PROBLEM but it's something I always hated with D&D. Pathfinder tries to give you something new every level that isnt just an increase to some bonus. This does mean that high-level characters are super complicated, but it's a decent tradeoff for the constant feeling of progression you have, and starting a new character at high level is something I always found dumb anyway, except to replace one that has died I guess. The overall theme with 5e is, less things, but more heft per thing.

Overall I'd say Pathfinder is still my favorite but if I were ever to try to get people into tabletops I'd stay away from it and go straight to 5e.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:39 am

My friends were doing some Ouija board bullshit in the woods, and I lent my superstitious friend my silver ring to make him feel better when they went out. I stayed at the house with some of the others because it was cold out and I was playing a board game.

Anyways, he fell and lost it in the snow and grass somewhere. He showed me where to look and I had no luck finding it last night, or today when I got a guy with a metal detector to help me look. It meant a lot to me because it was the first ring I ever forged. It's pretty disappointing.

I got Star Wars tickets tonight and tomorrow, so it's not all bad.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:32 am

im really sorry about your ring, dude. maybe he lost it deliberately because he's an agent for werewolves and fey

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:18 pm

^ I prefer my fey weak to iron, not silver.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:11 am

PLA beat me to it.

Real sorry to hear about that, though. :(

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:19 am

He feels pretty bad about it. He's a whiz with 3D modeling software, so I'm going to ask him to show me how to do it and 3D print myself a new ring, since I can't get back into the jewelry rooms at my school to make one unless I'm enrolled in jewelry courses. I'm thinking a silver one with the Hitchhiker's guide logo in a circle and DON'T PANIC written on the band. I think that's a solution that will make us both feel better.

And I might kind of completely guilt him into paying the $25 the metal detector guy charged me because I'll only be able to pay tuition in January if I spend none of my savings or incoming paycheques. Because working almost seven days a week all summer, getting an extra thousand dollars out of the blue and still working a little while taking six courses doesn't cut it. Hooray! Next year I'm taking out student loans, fuck this.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:47 am

I can't stand my mom any longer... I'm not here to hear 'you only have one mom' or "you should love your family' because being a relative should not excuse being an asshole or a mega bitch.

After bitching because I never help at home or do things for her, I decided to call her out and ditch the trip to the grocery store (first thing she tells me is: drive us to the grocery store) and she thinks I'm bratty and not open to people.

My mom was always passive agressive, judgmental, narrow-minded, a control-freak and would take advantage of people, including my dad and me, to do things she doesn't wanna do. For short she's not the best role model for me. Even my dad is not that pushy and accepts who I am.

I've always helped my parents even if they don't ask, most od the time I offer my help. I do nothing, my mom complains. I do something for her but not the way she does things, she still complains. How am I supposed to be more independent and a grown up if she gets so much in my way?

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Familial obligations are a lot like respect. There's a certain baseline that you owe people until they prove themselves unworthy. Which it definitely sounds like your mother has.

I've been down this road. I doubt that she'll ever really value you as an individual. Which is sad, but that's on her, not you.

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:27 pm

A few years after you move out, you'll find that your relationship changes. I used to struggle with my family, a lot, and now we're closer than ever as the distance of both growing up and moving out allows you to only spend good time together.

That said, when you're in the moment, it's just awful until you leave :(.

[ | | | | ]

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:44 pm

That's true, although I wouldn't bother taking news from her. One of the main reasons I want to leave is because I can't stand her toxic presence.

And I don't even care about being labeled as the 'bad kid".

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:56 pm

I understand family members being not comfortable to be around. my mother constantly shows how little she cares and my dad is a selfish jerk who constantly tries to guilt trip us to get what he wants. I've gotten to the point where i do my best not to deal with them.

But seriously, i do hope you can get through it all. I'm sorry D:
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:02 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Leaving is good even if you like being with your family. Houses burn down, so having more is useful. Places to sleep in different cities, also good.

Leaving is a pretty good idea in general.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

8284 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”