Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

8284 posts

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZERS

wat
14%
PEWPEWPEW
86%

Total votes: 84

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Postby zamisk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 am

The hinge on my new laptop broke off today, I have the anchoring nuts glued back into place but I don't think it will hold long. I'll probably have to drill through the case for enough support. The breakage is caused by weak plastic and really tight hinges, but I can't loosen the nuts on the hinges at all and I applied lubricant and worked them for a while and it did nothing. Even if I do drill through the case, hinges this tight might still cause problems. I wish I could use the warranty, but I start classes on Tuesday and can't send it away.

I also had to drop a course to afford tuition, and I picked one that I could take again in the summer so I don't have to risk graduating on time. I thought this would buy me time to pay it later, but I found out I have to register and pay Monday or risk not getting into that either. I also have a bunch of school supplies I need and am going to have to borrow a little bit of money. I worked seven days a week almost all summer, my parents help some with tuition, I got $1000 I didn't expect, I work part time a little, and I live at home for free, and I still can't afford school. At least I love what I do...

I've decided to take out student loans for the other two years of my program and move out again, which is not going to go over well with my parents. I just can't take living here any more. I was away from my house typically sixteen hours most days last semester, because when I came home my dad put me to work on big projects or had me help with things that interrupted my work flow and made it impossible to get my homework done. I have four instead of six courses this semester, but it is still a serious problem. That and the fact that I am getting more and more comfortable with being agnostic/atheistic and it's harder to keep quiet about it. I told my sister, which was a huge weight off my shoulders at least. I've been gradually deconverting since late high school and the past year and a half have been a lot better for me. With new friend groups at my college, I can be myself a lot more of the time.

This winter break has been nice overall. I worked too much this summer and took too many courses this fall, and this is the first long break I've had in what feels like forever. I've read a lot of books, which has been great. I can't get nearly enough hours at my job, which is putting me in a pretty awful financial situation, but the time off is much needed.

/end dump

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:34 am

Can't do much but wish you best of luck with the school/family things. You seem to have things figured out for yourself pretty well ^_^

Careful though with drilling through laptops. There's quite a bit of cablework (screen, camera, antenna) that goes through those hinges, so drilling there could easily destroy something you wouldn't want destroyed.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:20 pm

There's nothing behind where I'm drilling, but thanks for the advice. It's off to the side of anything because there's a big border around the screen.

-PLA

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:07 am

Still better to check inside before drilling. Big borders are usually not just for decoration.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:05 pm

Resigned today, had enough of the crap. The worry now is finding a new job, I've got a three month notice period (notice periods are normal and entirely enforceable in England) so plenty of time for a new job. I've also got an interview tomorrow, Friday and next week :).

Side note, Bowie ;-( :(

[ | | | | ]

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:03 am

idk how it's possible for david bowie to be dead

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Snow needs to stop avoiding this town. Even when it appears closer to it, the snow just dissipates to the mountains, and a lot of people are sick of it doing that.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:26 pm

All is terrible.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:44 am

Agreed.

-PLA

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:16 am

Today my fiancee's mother tried guilting her into having a bigger wedding than we want.

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:58 am

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:42 am

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:52 pm

I'm just a problem.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:40 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:43 am

school plus work always means sad

8284 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”