Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

8284 posts

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZERS

wat
14%
PEWPEWPEW
86%

Total votes: 84

Rain
Hunter

Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Postby Rain » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:53 pm

Mmkay, I don't think there's a thread like this, so basically you can just bitch/whine/complain/rant whatever here.

I'm playing EO, B20F. I am stuck between a foe and the boss (literally: FOE|ME|BOSS) FUCK. FUCK SDAKSDNASD8H98292112 I HATE THIS FLOOR GODDAMMIT THE CREATORS OF THIS GAME ARE SADISTS ARRJDS

Also I got my SAT Math II books, but I don't have a frickin' calculator to use. >C Hm.

So >_> I guess... if anyone else wants to vent their anger out... yeah. C8

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:00 pm

Rain
Hunter

Postby Rain » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:34 pm

Steam: ichangenamesalot
LoL: Stormcross

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:04 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:05 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:06 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:06 pm

m rant

GRRR I FUCKING HATE RANT THREADS

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Reading forums and talking with a friend made me realize something:

If you're going to be anti-piracy for games (due to supporting developers) then don't be a fucking hypocrite and only buy when shit hits bargain bins or used only. It's stupid.

blahblahblah money is tight I really don't care. It just irks me to have "better than you" attitudes from people because "pirates don't support developers" yet they don't even fully support (bargain bin, sales, etc.) or give any support (used) to them at all. If you're going to be a cheap-ass (due to being a cheap-ass or because you can't afford it), don't preach about pirates being cheap asses; they're just slightly more of a cheap ass than you are.

Not that I think pirating is right and just either, just the opposite end of the spectrum is just as stupid. If you're going to have that attitude, at least yourself fully support developers instead of being a fucking scavenger waiting for deals.

Now, I'm off to reserve a PSP Go once I find some place with an awesome discount (hope Amazon has another $75 off deal11!!).

[spoiler]You can then extend this to manga v scans and anime v fansubs, though I honestly watch fansubs because dubs are like raping my ears and I quite like my ears.

That and most the stuff I watch (and read) either aren't available here, aren't that far, or are just now airing/releasing in Japan.[/spoiler]

Rain
Hunter

Postby Rain » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:21 am

I strongly dislike people who say they aren't 'shallow' yet they date someone only to have someone they can call a boy/girlfriend. Shallow? Nooooooooooooooooooo, not at allllll.

I hate it when people ask others to hang out with them, begging everyone as if they're on the verge of death, when last summer they were pretty much ignoring you for shallow friends. Karma, much?

PSP Go sounds fun. Does it have an analog stick? D: I've been trying to figure out the thing beside the d-pad forever, and I can't find an angled view.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:58 am

EVONY ADS

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:01 am

I really hate how news headlines seem to always replace "and" with a comma. For example, instead of the perfectly pleasant "Rogue Sheep Kill Street Vendor and Local Prostitute", I see an ugly, awkward, "Rogue Sheep Kill Street Vendor, Local Prostitute". When I read the latter, I assume that the street vendor was also a local prostitute, but with the former, I understand what happened.

I am such a grammar whore at times. I had an internal debate over whether when quoting a word or phrase (not an entire sentence), if it is proper to place the punctuation after the quotation marks or inside them. I chose the first option.

Of course, I guess I'm a hypocrite, too, since, when posting stuff, I don't carefully proofread every post I make before submitting it. I save the grammar-fretting when I'm writing. Or at least when I finally sit down and write (or type) the story that's been sitting in my head for over a year. *Sighs*

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:20 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:49 pm

Punctuation always goes within the quotation marks, even when not part of the original quote.

However, the period goes after the citation parenthesis. Like this:

The great noodles once said "I am full of noodly goodness" (Noodles, 46).

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:35 pm

I always thought it was more of an American v.s. British grammar thing. I just favor one over the other.

8284 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”