Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

8284 posts

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZERS

wat
14%
PEWPEWPEW
86%

Total votes: 84

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:39 pm

There have been WAY too many mosquitoes out lately :(

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:25 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:20 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:47 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Rain
Hunter

Postby Rain » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 pm

I'm going to Canada, aka Elysienne territory. I'm in the car as I... Text this message (my phone I
s cool). I really need to use the bathroom 'cuz I got a stomachache but argh I am not using pub
lic toilets for that. @@ they are terrifying. Also I'm annoyed that we could have gotten a hotel but
instead we're staying at someone's house. Dammit I hate staying at others' homes.
Steam: ichangenamesalot
LoL: Stormcross

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:05 pm

WATCH OUT I HEAR THEY EAT TOURISTS IN CANADA ITS LIKE DELIVERANCE AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Say hi to Lysie-sama for us :)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:34 pm

tell her to come baaaaack

Onigiri
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Onigiri » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:54 am

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!

( b^ .^)b o( º . º)o d(^ o ^)b o(º . º )o d(^. ^d )

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:29 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:38 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:46 am

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:16 pm

Man last night utterly sucked at work. It's rush this week so the town is being swarmed by packs of sorority girls... who are incapable of going anywhere without at least of dozen of them... And the general populace is wanting to rent movies, I guess, because we rented out a FUCK TON of movies and were SUPER SUPER BUSY.

I have what I call my "customer service voice" which is a couple octaves higher than my normal voice, utterly chipper, and, yes, you CAN hear a smile in a voice even over the phone. So I use it, constantly, smiling and being all happy even when I'm three seconds away from just running out the door and never coming back. I get complimented on my customer service, my politeness, and my nice attitude constantly.

Sometimes, though, and it's always that same profile of old-50 something guys who like to fuck with me/demean me... they'll say "You are way too happy"

Tonight I was so fucking close to my gut response of "Well! It's either keep smiling or start screaming!" because at this point video had been backed up for 3 hours, un-processed buy backs were everywhere, both my CSAs plus myself were on register and the lines were STILL backed up! Instead I swallowed my first reaction, laughed it off, and said some stupid banality like 'Oh, well, I'm in a good mood!" or something equally vapid.

Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job more when we're a little bit busy, but there's the type of busy where we're still on track, we're on top of video/the lines, etc. and then there's the type of busy like last night, when I have to desperately hijack extra help or else we're never going to get out of there on time.

Although definitely the highlight of last night was when a customer brought to me a tiny little girl who had lost her parents. I dropped everything and brought the little girl around to my register area (my command center sanctuary in the chaos). I knelt down next to her, asked her about the movies in her hand (she was pretty excited about them), then asked her name and how old she was (4) She was too young to know her parent's names, or her last name. She wasn't scared or upset, fortunately, so I was just trying to make smalltalk and get information to find her parents. I'd only been talking with her for about 5-10 minutes when her parents appeared, immediately calling to her with those sort of scared/happy/guilty looks parents sometimes get whenever they realize their kid in missing in a crowded store at night. That gave me a feel-good buzz for a while.

Sigh.

And I get to do it all over again tonight.
Last edited by Kinokokao on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:55 pm

Aww. Store manager Kino rocks :)

Maybe you could scream just a little, only at the grumpy old guys?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

8284 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”