Tales of Symphonia

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
ryuzaki
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tales of Symphonia

Postby ryuzaki » Tue May 20, 2008 7:25 pm

Has anyone here played this game? Its for the Gamecube.
Webmaster of and Final Remnant

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Wed May 21, 2008 12:19 am

Not just the Gamecube. PS2 and PC as well.

ryuzaki
Ragelope

Postby ryuzaki » Wed May 21, 2008 1:24 am

PC?! I know of the ps2 version although that was only released in Japan.

I wanted to play this game for the longest time I remember purchasing the nintendo power magazine when this game was about to be released. Ever since then I wanted a gamecube.

Unfortunately when I purchased a gamecube, stores no longer carried sealed versions of Tales of Symphonia (I knew Ebay would but the prices were so high) but now on ebay they seem to have dropped to like 30 dollars, on average which is reasonable.

For those of you that played it does the game keep you hooked? (similar to what Persona 3 does).

BadDad
Ragelope

Postby BadDad » Thu May 22, 2008 3:46 pm

It's a great game.

ryuzaki
Ragelope

Postby ryuzaki » Thu May 22, 2008 6:57 pm

ya I just bought a sealed copy off of Ebay for 30 dollars. Can't wait to play it ^_^

Hanyou
Killclaw

Postby Hanyou » Fri May 23, 2008 12:06 pm

I'm actually replaying this game right now.

There's so much I could say about it. I basically hated JRPG's until I played ToS, which opened me up to a whole new genre of gaming. Part of what makes it so addictive is the simple but effective real-time combat, which makes leveling a whole lot more fun than it is in most games. The graphics are beautiful, the story is a bit convoluted but acceptable, and perhaps most importantly, the world is believable.

My first time through took me 79 hours and several months of gameplay. You'd think I'd be sick of it by then, but I actually started replaying the game immediately, and am now in the process of completing my second runthrough. I barely scratched the surface the first time around, and I have a feeling, as I'm winding down this file (I'm on the second disc, which is much shorter than the first disc, if my memory serves me well) that there's still plenty to do. I'll try not to spoil things, but the game does reward you for completing each file by allowing you to carry some stats, etc. over to new files. It is absolutely impossible to see everything there is to see in this game in one round, so that's a very good thing.

You made a good call. I bought the game when it was new and I'm still reaping the rewards from my purchase. I'd say $30 for a new copy is a bargain.

ryuzaki
Ragelope

Postby ryuzaki » Fri May 23, 2008 6:17 pm

you make the game sound so incredible/adventurous! Now I am even more anxious to play! Thanks for the reply

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri May 23, 2008 9:54 pm

>_< Dammit, Hanyou-ni, now you have me wanting to pick up this game again! :P

I got SO close to the near end of everything... then my sister accidentally saved over it, trashing 80 hours worth of gameplay. The game was, for lack of a better word, gorgeous. Fun. A LOT of fun.

The first five hours, though, I was really thinking "THIS is what they hype was all about" and I was rather feeling somewhat disappointed, but there's a turn where it does get much much better. Hanyou says it's convoluted. Errrm... yeah, I suppose, a little, but I was impressed with it all the same.

[] - [] - [] - []

Hanyou
Killclaw

Postby Hanyou » Sat May 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat May 24, 2008 2:35 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Discussion Section”