Pet Thread

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

162 posts

Who would you choose--your pet(s) or your boyfriend/girlfriend/hermaphroditic life partner?

My pet(s)
19%
My partner
56%
I wouldn't be able to choose
25%

Total votes: 16

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:10 pm

I'd like a pet scorpion or tarantula.

Or centipede.

But my logic is that once it escapes, I would never be able to sleep or even get in my bed

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:27 am

:3 Currently am pissing off my black cat.

I've been working on something that will make archiving on ItL a little easier for us admins, while in the process of that, every time I got stumped or had a minor victory I would always wake her up (she's sleeping beside me on my bed). I'd either wake her up just to wake her up or pet her or hug her or some other obnoxious thing.

XD I'm shocked she STILL has not gotten up. Actually, she's quite calm about it and seems to enjoy the moments that I scratch her neck.

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:45 pm

Went to a reptile store/zoo recently. It was so awesome.

Argus monitors have the most lovely hands

ffffff
Red tegus have lovely jaw muscles

six-foot asian water monitors are very friendly and good to have walking around the shop

and it is very cool to see the powerful stomach muscles of a 22-foot long snake slowly smash and digest its last meal

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:41 am

@Maxine

When cats hate us they're like ten times cuter, though. I'm pretty sure that's a fact.

@Pets

Impossibly cute mini pigs are like £700.

[spoiler]

Words cannot describe how much I want one.

My fiance is allergic to cats, and I don't like dogs. He's also allergic to rabbits. I guess mini-pigs are the next cuddliest-pet I could have.

[/spoiler]

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Then I'd have to name it Fluffernutter.

And it'd probably watch me sleep.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:11 pm

And then he'll eat you.

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:15 pm

o_o

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:02 am

Oh hey, its me and my kitty-trap, Bridget!

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 am

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:17 am

Yeah buddy.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 pm

UNRELATED

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:39 pm

So for the last two or three months, the cats have been staking out our washer, acting as if there's something there or near it that they are wanting. They've done it so often and for so long it's not only routine but I suspected maybe a mouse died back there or something and that's just what they are smelling. I forget about it because of this reasoning

During the week of Christmas, while my parents were away, Tia's fiance rushed into the living room with that kinda wide-eyed 'holy-shit' expression. He said that he saw a rat in the bathroom (and they happen to be his weak spot). I shrugged and went to investigate in the restroom but I never saw anything. Not that I didn't believe him but I thought "meh, the cats will get it later on."

Turns out this morning my youngest sister saw the mouse - and saw it run under the washer. The cats in high pursuit. No proof yet that it's what Nate saw but I have high suspicions that it is.

o_O; I have to admire the perseverance of this damn mouse. Three MONTHS?! I'm not sure if the exact number is three but I do remember they were there in November. The poor creature. ....

^_^; I can't wait to see who ends up getting it. Zoey or Lily. I can't help but thinking "Go Cats! Go!" Still... poor mouse... He's trapped. Either he dies of stress and old age or the cats eventually find and kill him.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:16 am

o_o So... my sister went to her friend's house where they celebrated her birthday this coming Tuesday.

Guess what her friends surprised her with: two pet mice.

Rissa's view: she would love to have mice but she realizes the dangers with two cats in the house who are proven mousers.

*Deep breathe* I just know I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning to Clarissa crying over Yunyun and Nini (... what the hell are those kinds of names) who will be missing out of their cages and our two cats standing near by attempting to look innocent.

Our house will not rest easy tonight.

Moral of the story: NEVER EVER EVER get a friend a PET for a present.

[] - [] - [] - []

162 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”