Moderator: ItL Moderators

1266 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: EOIII Questions thread

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Katt
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Katt » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:35 pm

if you have a zodiac with singularity, it'll make an activation sound, and its not just on elements, their weapons will reveal weaknesses too.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Singularity will detect any super-effective attack, Which means it can detect weakness for the following: Fire/Ice/Volt/Bash/Cut/Pierce/Non-elemental.

Yes, Non-elemental attacks are considered elemental. Astonishing.

Sungrazer and Quintessence are examples of Non-Elemental Attacks, most enemies in the game always take 100% damage from non-elemental attacks, so you won't get singularity's help most of the time. With very few exceptions of those that are weak to it, and even less that resist it.

Oh, and I have a question too.

If there are two or more different color bots active when I use shoot, what is the element of the attack?

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm not that far in the game, so I obviously don't know, but my GUESS is a combination of each of the damage types they would have done seperately. But hey, we all know how well guesses and Etrian Odyssey mix. =|

For example, the game might generate a seperate attack for each bot type and just sums the damage before displaying it.

By the way, looking at the chart on the skill simulator, it looks like I could come up with simplified formula for the shoot skill.

edit:
Base Damage * 2^(# of bots - 1)
If you have all three types of bots out, multiply this by 3.

This formula is more accurate on the left and right sides of the chart. (This might be due to more rigorous testing at those points.)

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:54 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:04 am

The chart implies that you only get the a bonus for multiply elements if you have all three elements, so I'm not sure that statement holds up.

I'd like to stress that this is not based upon my own data (since I don't have any).

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:14 am

Oh, hey. It was mentioned somewhere that Wildling summons do 100% damage on their non-initial attacks at level 10, but in context I wasn't sure if that was only at level 10 or at every level. Which is it? Thanks!

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:50 am

Or to put it another way: does the every-turn damage of summons increase with the level of the summoning skill? Also, does it use the Str of the Wildling? If not, is it based upon the Wildling's level?

Wildling summons are confusing. =/

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:33 am

Thanks! That helps a lot.

Incidentally, if I did my math right, then the damage (and only the damage) of Arbalist, Warrior, and Yggdroid summons just about matches the damage done with full Beast Soul. Without books, naturally.

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:44 pm

I've decided that my gladiator could use a bit of work. What would be a good subclass that involves blade rave as the main skill? I'm using ninja at the moment.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 pm

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:51 am

Well if there isn't any particular skill my gladiator is missing, I guess I won't be changing it. And I do prefer blade rave to nine smashes.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:55 am

1266 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”