EOIII Questions thread

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1266 posts
sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIII Questions thread

Postby sponge7325 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:37 pm

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

It helps a lot! Thank you, the three of you! I'll prob try to put my Shogun in early (which means hopefully I'll be able to kill things before they kill me), and if my party keeps dying I'll try to put her back in for the time being as a buccaneer sub.
Last edited by Wendigo on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Sorry for doubleposting since I feel like it's kinda bad forum etiquette, but I don't wanna make a whole new topic for silly little questions.
What's the best forge on a swashbuckling shogun's swords? I only have one slot on each for now. I'd think a status forge would be the best considering how much times he hits, but I was also reading that elements can help boost your attack if your enemy resists physical. Which do you guys usually go for?

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Got it, thank you!
Also, is it worth it trying to make the sword in the off-hand deal good damage through second sword? Usually my main does like 70 and my off does 20, and I'm wondering if the return justifies sinking so much points in.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:07 am

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:13 am

@ Isometric: Late thank you for your good advice, and for always helping out!
Spamming thread again to ask...Antis don't stack, do they? I read somehwere that they do, but I did't see much difference when I bunshined and blocked. I've been thinking of subbing my Princess as Hoplite so I could get partial Antis on them too/maybe stack them with my hop's but I might be wrong.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:12 pm

They do, when used on the same turn by two different characters. Remember, anti's/prophecies are only in effect for the turn that you use it.

So like, if you're using H/N and have used bushin, you can use both anticold and antifire with each of them and they'll stack.

I personally had access to blocking all of the elements on my team at once with a Y/H and Z/N, though you never really need more than 2 antis/prophecies at a time. (I can only think of about 3 bosses where having two antis at once is helpful.)

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Oh, I meant two of the same elements--its' doubtful considering how the rest of the game works, but I heard that Antifire twice reduces it by the percentages added together. I tried it with my hoplite's bunshin, but both anti levels are level 1 so I wasn't sure if that was an actual reduction or the RNG playing games with me.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:45 pm

I don't know if the two of the same anti will stack (Two of the same Prophecy don't) , but once you have an anti skill maxed it nullifies the damage entirely and its pointless to use more of the same one.
Edit: Grammar/Clarification

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:34 am

probably really obvious answer but just wondering about the prince's elemental arms skills.. i understand that it adds the element and grants resistance to said element. but what i dont know is... how does leveling it up work? is it purely resistance past 1?

like... as with most other buffs, all factors of it tend to increase... but what im unsure about is element a flat enhancement? like it has said element so it only considers extra damage IF is a weakness/resistance? or is an element itself a multiplier that has higher intensity?

...im sure i couldve worded that better but im tired... i guess basically what im asking is..

is it worth leveling Fire/Freeze/Volt Arms past level 1 if all im concerned about is the element property?

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:50 pm

on the topic of RR.... is there a sort of "soft cap" of investment? like... i dont know the term off hand, but a prefered level in it for damage/TP cost? or is it another "if youre taking it, max it. get dat damage"? since it is basically a 30% damage 15 TP difference for 9 SP between 1-10.

and my confusion is more on how elemental damage works in EO (ive never bothered using oils in the other games so its a new thing for me). does adding an elemental property make the attack that element, essentially making a "magic" attack based of str? or is the element itself a modifier ADDED to the attacks with its own intensity? i.e lvl 1 fire arms is fire, lvl 5 fire arms is firaga? (i understand it increases resistance by 10% per lvl and is relatively useful post game, thats not really my question though)

what got the wheel turning in my head was using the elemental arms on my Z/A... which under etheric charge/attack orders, completely DWARFED my physical attackers, even when using a pure auto-attack(averaging ~80-200 without E.Charge and ~250-600 with)

Edit: im only level 31 atm... i dont know what that means for my damage output. ive had little difficulty dispatching anything, though random encounters tend to take 2-3 turns (or 1 with limits, which i dont like to blow on "small fry")

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:32 pm

I've actually found myself less and less reliant on amritas/dark ether the more i build my team... the only characters with any TP reliance are my monk and zodiac... and my zodiac is becoming less and less reliant as i level etheric return.

the weird thing is my Arms spammer is actually my bushin ninja. whether or not thats a good idea... its working for me. it allows my prince main for freedom and flexibility (not being the sole Orderer) and it gives my ninja something to do (up to this point he was otori and done)

now i was just thinking about this because of the skill calc tooltip for RR... it says it uses the atk of the ENCHANTED character in question as an AoE...now my question is does it ALSO take into account the MODIFIERS of that enchanted character?

i.e... i Fire arms my Z/A then RR, does my RRer get the boost from singularity(assuming weakness to proc, of course) from the zodiac?

...i feel like im like the only person who even cares about all the little modifiers that go into individual skills now xD

1266 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”