Guild and Class selection

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

980 posts
X-Hearts
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Guild and Class selection

Postby X-Hearts » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:49 pm

If you're going to run a Hoplite skill set you really want to have Line Guard. Its one of the best sources of mitigation and it won't eat up a buff slot. You already have Berserker Vow, Attack Order and Protect Order going off, so you don't really have any open buff slots available for Guard Order.

For M/P you could grab Ascetic Deeds or Inspire with the free skill points. I'd personally drop the Monk or Princess in favor of a different class. Protect Order covers the vast majority of healing needed and there is extreme redundancy between the two.

Alternatively, sub Zodiac on your Monk and start punching things with Breakfire First, Fire Mastery, Etheric Charge and Singularity. This does mean your Monk will need to be in the front row. Though to be fair, you would want both your Ninja and their clone in the back anyway.

Example Build:

And just throw the spare points in other areas. Maybe Form Qi and Line Heal if you have to eat a hit without Protect Order. Or Ascetic Deeds which terrible, but still free healing.

X-Hearts
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby X-Hearts » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:09 pm

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Based on that, I'm now thinking of going with this setup (I'll still stick with my class selections ^^;):

P/N

M/Z

Z/A

B/G

N/B

I'm thinking of putting the Z on the front together with the P and M (buffed with Guard Order), so that the N (and it's bunshin) + B can be buffed with Attack Order all at the same time (and can be Dark Ether by the M as well).

Would it be a bad idea?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:39 am

Ninja sub is never worth it if you're not using Bunshin. Especially since you're only getting the evasion skills. Evasion scales of AGI, which Princesses don't have a lot of.

Zodiac is very squishy. You would need Bodyguard to keep her alive during the main game. Post-game the squishiness won't be as big of a problem with the right gear.

X-Hearts
Ragelope

Postby X-Hearts » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:39 am

I guess I'll go back subbing Hoplite to P. :)

I'm also thinking of changing my Ninja's subclass, maybe to Arbalist, just for Smoke Grenade, and then getting all the knife skills. Is it worth it?

And lastly, is this team's damage output enough for the main game? ^^;
Considering the bulk of the damage will come from B and Z.

And can my B squeeze Eagle Eye on a FOE/Boss fight if its turn order would be:
Berserker Vow > Berserker Vow > Charge > Attack?
(This is, if I change my N's subclass)

980 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”