Some questions (Party-based mostly)

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Alice Bell
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Some questions (Party-based mostly)

Postby Alice Bell » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:43 am

I don’t know if this should be in the Rantage thread or what (but it’s necromancy anyway as the last post in this entire part of the forum was last year)

Anyway, planning on starting this game (or EOV) after I beat EOIV (4th maze, last floor, I only have a bit left as far as I can tell) and am having some issues party-wise.

So I suppose mostly this is me asking advice.

Before I begin: I am not a minmaxer in the traditional sense; I’m a roleplayer and writer at heart and character image and concept is important to me. That said, once I PICK my classes and such I’ll damn well work to make them the best they can be.

So my original party idea was Princess/Buccaneer/Hoplite/Arbalist/Monk. Which is oddly similar to my original EOIV party of -LANDSHARK BANNED-/Dancer/Fortress/Sniper/Medic but I digress, that party changed during play and is now a -LANDSHARK BANNED-/Nightseeker/Fortress/Sniper/Runemaster linkspam setup)

Anyway I know my team idea is not OPTIMAL, which is fine: the only 100% needs are Princess Main, Buccaneer Main and Arbalist Main.

Princess: She’s basically my ‘main character’ so she stays no matter what. I know Monk/Princess is better at healing and support. I don’t care. Ideally I’d like for her to be a secondary attacker with /G or /B

Arbalist and Buccaneer: Honestly will be standard builds with likely /G, Bucc may go pistols as opposed to swords. These two are my primary damage so far.

Other than that I was wanting a Hoplite for tanking, it’s a safety net of sorts. (Though I’m running a tankless party in V aside from my Necromancer) but also kinda wanting a Gladiator maybe. Monk for healing would be nice since I dread pushing to the end of stratum 2 without revival or status purge spells. Wildling looks interesting but I’ve not heard good things (but I love the class concept)

Is Dark Ether and all the bullshit that allows required?

I do not know which route I will go as I want to play the game and find out, so I’m trying to not plan on 100% having a Shogun or somesuch. I don’t want to repeat main classes in my main party anyway, so I’ll not be double-shogun’ing.

...yeah Uhm, sorry for the wall’o’text

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Some questions (Party-based mostly)

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:27 am

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Re: Some questions (Party-based mostly)

Postby SteelCrow » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:09 pm

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”