EOIII Questions thread

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1266 posts
AzureZeal
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby AzureZeal » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:17 am

1) For the Hoplite's Overguard skill, does that mean that the skill actually nullifies the damage for a party member if that damage is higher than the Hoplite's current HP or max HP?

2) How does the Monk's Focus Energy skill factor into their healing abilities? Does it simply add onto the percentage that the healing abilities do?

neverknowsbesta
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby neverknowsbesta » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:10 am

Very helpful thread. So helpful, I registered to post in it.

I have some questions about long term plans for power leveling and ridiculous farming strategies, for example:
Five farmers with the exp up skill maxed: at 30% per farmer, that works out to be a 150% INCREASE, totalling to 2.5 times the normal gain rate.

First question: does this stack with listen to experience, allowing people not in the active party to gain 25% of the party's exp instead of 10%?

If this is true what I would probably do is roll a core party for bosses and FOEs, some subs for exploration and farming, and then fill the rest of the guild roster to the max and give them all Listen to Experience. While I doubt that I will run with five farmers for anything real, in the late game I could powerlevel my entire guild with them. And even if I didn't have any farmers, it seems like it would only make sense to have 20-some people back home leveling slowly.

Unrelated question: I see that three of the classes use a summoning mechanic that occupies the sixth slot (or empty slots if you want to do ridiculous things with androids and shinobi, although that seems impractical). Anyways, I assume this means there’s not much point in using more than one in the same party? Related question: I assume summons take up whichever row has two people in it (assuming a party of five). Given this, it would follow that you want a setup that puts the summon in whatever row it’d be best in? (like making sure your empty slot is in the front row if you’ve got a Beast King and you want to summon a melee monster). Related question: I assume you have to think about all of this if you have a Phalanx as well, what with all the row-jumping they do.

Thanks for your help.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:42 am

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:48 pm

On the Atlus forums an admin said that the game would be unchanged, so I guess the busty characters are staying.

And the fanboys rejoiced...

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Huh. Then they must be having a problem with their US site. Weird.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Or they're just censoring the website.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Considering Atlus' typical target market, this makes me laugh a little.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:03 pm

<_< I agree. Atlus has NO problems with catering to fanboys. Nor anything to do with sexualizing female characters.

[] - [] - [] - []

Mostlyjoe
Ragelope

Postby Mostlyjoe » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:04 am

Quick question about subclasses. Do you have to split your pool of class points into a subclass to buy powers from them? Or does the game give you more points to make it worth it?

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:28 am

A character gains 5 SP when they are assigned a subclass. No other SP bonus is given for having a subclass. Common, main, and sub skills use SP from the same pool.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:15 pm

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:03 pm

When gaining experience from quests, is it better to let your main party get the experience or to give it to characters you're keeping in reserve, but are planning to use in the future?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:18 pm

That's ... up to you, really. The Quest EXP isn't insignificant (a few levels worth per Stratum) so I'd rather just give to the main party than sideline characters. You definitely should get the passive EXP gain for the benched characters though.

1266 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”