Guild and Class selection

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

980 posts
Rednal
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Rednal » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:14 am

X.X

*Returns as a ghost*

Just the sauce, by the way. And on topic (I think), I feel bad looking at some of the stories people have created for their characters. I should do the same sometime soon... something completely ridiculous, yet strangely plausible...

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:15 am

Me too. But I think i'll wait until I play the game. Next week probably. DAMMIT!

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Rednal
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Rednal » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:29 am

It was a dark and stormy night... Mainly due to the fact that nights in general tend to be dark in relatively low-tech societies and the fact that Armoroad has the whole ocean thing going for it and storms aren't terribly unusual in a place like that... But despite the wind and the rain and the entirely oppressive darkness, a door slowly creaked open and a young woman entered. Silence, for just a moment... but then the group mobbed the girl, and eagerly welcomed her four companions inside as she held up that most precious item...

"I have slain... our first F.O.E.!" the Princess declared. Her title may have been slightly more influential had her nation not been huge, and herself something like 429th in line for the throne (and therefore unimportant, expendable, yet oddly still good for PR), but she'd been equipped with her allies and a very small amount of cash anyway, with the explicit goal being the conquering of the Labyrinth and the arrival of glory to the kingdom. Also treasure. And that was how the story of the 'Pretty Girl Guild' truly began...

Or something. o.O

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:07 pm

This is probably going to be my party as soon I can get my hands on the game:

Chizuru - Princess (blonde female)
She's the reason why the guild Gerard exist: as the only heir to the throne, she's a spoiled brat but she is also very curious and stubborn, so one night she just decides to go for a little adventure having heard tales of Armoroad, escaping the castle. Since she is bold and a bit reckless, she insists to lead the party by staying in the front.

Toramaru - Hoplite (male with black sideburns)
He's the royal guard assigned to Chizuru for her personal safety. He takes his duty very seriously and always try to stop the Princess's crazy ideas, so they get mad at each other quite a lot, but nonetheless he really cares for her. When he discovered Chizuru in the middle of her escape, after a bit of bickering, he decided to let her go to teach her a lesson, coming along in order to protect her, of course, always by her side

Shinobi - Ninja (male with helmet and red headband)
Who is this misterious ninja that offered his services to Chizuru after following them from the castle? Despite Toramaru's protests, he becomes part of the guild with great enthusiasm of the Princess. He prefers to stay behind covering the rear of the group, unnoticed. His real nature will be discovered at the first retirement! :o

Elana - Arbalist (female redhead)
This good-spirited, smart girl is looking for a guild to explore Armoroad, and when she meets the strange trio of Gerard, she suddenly thinks that with them the trip would be a lot of fun, due to the constant light-hearted arguing, and sees potential in them; her ranged projectiles from the back will surely be a great addition to the team.

Ian Blake - Buccaneer (male redhead with hat)
Guild Gerard needed a ship, and Captain Blake needed the money... but he didn't take into account the sudden crush for Elana! So, even if in the beginning he meant to deceive the naive Chizuru and company, not used to the real world, not only he lent the party his ship, but ended up accompanying them on the ground, just to be near her... isn't he romantic? Though he can wield effectively a rapier, he will try to impress her with a gun from the back row.

I don't have decided the subclasses yet, we'll see how the story goes! :D

Of the other classes, Wildling was the one that intrigued me most, Monk was neat too (but I decided to go wih the Princess instead because of her passive healing), Gladiator and Farmer are pretty meh, while I loathe the Zodiac portraits (also, I have bad memories about the TP-hunger of mages in EOII).

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:49 pm

That's some beautiful artwork!

Also, on a side note; My Princess will probably be called Louise.
Sounds kinda Princess-y, dontcha think?

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:59 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Most of us here don't even have a memory! Lol.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Rednal
Ragelope

Postby Rednal » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Unless I'm very much mistaken, the reference is to this Louise, from Zero no Tsukaima:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Who would totally use non-elemental skills... can't remember the names... >.<

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:05 pm

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:50 pm

So I've decided to use "Hetalia" guild again since it always makes me laugh.

And then I realized I've been isolating myself so much from EOIII news (in addition to having been consumed with RL crap like moving across the country in between EOIII's announcement and US release...) that I have no idea what type of classes are useful.

Definitely going to use the default blonde prince as Italy, though. It's just too perfect. And Russia for my Zodiac, possibly England for a [s]Pirate[/s] Buccaneer....

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:54 pm

So can anyone detail more on what a Farmer does? I understand they help you explore the dungeon more easily and gather more efficiently, but in what way?

Rednal
Ragelope

Postby Rednal » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:01 pm

As I understand it, Farmers are capable of telling you details about some things in the Labyrinth; the example given, I think, was if eating something you found would be helpful or not. Otherwise, it seems largely to do with their skills, which include things like "Find More Rare Items", "Gain More EXP from Battle", "Avoid Damage From Certain Tiles", and "Warp Back To town". In other words, a sort of general support class.

980 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”