Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1265 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Anima Zero
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Anima Zero » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:48 am

So yeah...grinding FTW :P? Retired everyone upon hitting 40, having...uh, "fun" taking forever to regrind everyone to 40.

[hide]On the plus side, Zareth as a Ninja/Zodiac works out fairly well. Izuna for decent damage + petrify, a leg bind skill, and 1 TP Dark Ethers is nice. Having crap all for HP and Def (Seriously LESS than a Zodiac are you kidding me :shock: )...not so nice.

Probably should have just made him into a Hoplite/Ninja or something like that xD.[/hide]
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

DaBass
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DaBass » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:39 am

*sigh* just as I start exploring the 4th stratum I get ambushed through an event and my party is wiped out. I think I'm going to rest my Prince and Zodiac since I already have a Monk/Prince combo anyways and while the Zodiac isn't bad, it's just not very useful. That or maybe I'll switch my Zodiac to being the elemental shield. We shall see.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:44 am

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:26 pm

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:01 pm

I finally started this game.
I'll be damned but actually exploring and not grinding is kinda fun :3
Leveling to 80 in EO II was really too much for me, i don't think i'll grind in this one. At least i hope, it's an EO and since there seems to be sub-class, i can see a new path full of random encounter and boss to farm opening before me.

I have just entered B2F. I forgot how much the beginning is rude. I didn't remember the first two to be this violent. Encountering a [hide]Lynx[/hide] means one death by turn. There weren't opponents as strong as those in the first two, isn't it ?

Having to explore the sea is actually refreshing, it may explain why the monster are stronger in this one. It forces the players to go out on the ocean to get some money in order to upgrade their equipment. Farming money is not a fast process if every 3 encounter a [hide]lynx[/hide] send to there grave half of your party. Mine anyway ^^;

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:09 pm

@Scy: Thanks, I'll try that!

DaBass
Ragelope

Postby DaBass » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Post-game boss spoiler

[spoiler]I beat the Dragon today! He was easy... as usual =/

He got me the first time since his Corruption skill is quite... nasty now (He only uses it when you have a certain number of buffs it seems). Overall though he's exactly the same though Curse inflicts curse now(!!) and I think Fangs is a new move. Its pretty much random hits of cut damage and lowers defense.

Anyway it was pretty simple. He only used Voltage every 5th turn so they were pretty much free turns since I was immune to its damage thanks to Antivolt. Also double Line Guard is great =)[/spoiler]

Pureauthor
Fenrir

Postby Pureauthor » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:36 pm

2nd Stratum boss spoilers:

[spoiler]I feel kinda odd. I beat Ketos with a team of 21/21/19/19/19 and it wasn't a difficult fight at all, just long.

So naturally I wonder if I'm overlevelled, even though the playstyle I use should mean I am never overlevelled, and I head over to GameFAQS to check average levels at the end of the 2nd Stratum.

And then there's a bunch of topics about people at level 25 unable to beat the guy.

... I don't get it.[/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:38 pm

The fight isn't that hard. Pretty much every boss fight in EO3 has some "trick" to it that makes it much simpler.

[spoiler]Ketos can either be downed as fast as possible with Etheric Charged Hellfire or you can just make sure you're never inflicted with a status condition so he never actually hurts you.[/spoiler]

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:38 pm

RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:59 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 am

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:54 am

Last edited by Lord Zombie on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

1265 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”