Guild and Class selection

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

980 posts
scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm not quite sure I understand. Double front-row Ballistas? Back-row Monk/Gladiator?

Well, anyway, Ballista should probably sub Gladiator for Charge + Berserker's Vow to make their, presumably, Front-Row Mortars that much better. Your final slot can be a Shinobi/Zodiac so Dark Ether the front-row so they don't run out of TP after two shots.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:09 pm

The monk is solely for healing, and since she won't be using her fist skills, I'm equipping her with a club. The club skills and and beserker's vow and whatnot.
I'd put her up in the front, but my hoplite is more effective up there, with higher hp than the ballistas, he should be taking the brunt of the hits.

I think I will sub my Ballistas with gladiators, though. Thanks! I think I'm already on the Yggdroid story, though. (Wait, noob question, the Shinobi is which class again, Ninja or [hide]Shogun[/hide]? I can't remember...)

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Lord Zombie
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Zombie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:22 pm

RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:44 pm

-PLA

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Why not just make the Monk sub something that actually accomplishes something though? Like, Prince(ss) for better healing potential, Zodiac for spells, Ballista for auto-attack damage, etc. You still have the back-row damage penalty so going Gladiator seems a bit weird.

And the confusion to the double front-row Ballistas was I wasn't sure if you meant [hide]Androids[/hide]; not too many people like the idea of the front-row Ballista so seeing two just made me wonder.

Edit: As for the route, it's chosen [hide]at the end of the 3rd Stratum when you pick which mission to do.[/hide]

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:08 pm

So ah, any of you guys help me with my damage output? I'm asking cause if I get to the point where i'm just grinding and don't like it and would have to re-retire and train up I know I wouldn't be able to finish the game, and I know by just retiring I wouldn't be able to get a full understanding for the party until they get back up to level twenty or thirty.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Hmm, I guess prince monk would be good too, I was thinking only about damage output, and the fact that monks could already equip clubs. (Although Zodiac has better damage anyways without the back row penalty. I'll rethink it.)

And the prince's skill that heals you would certainly take the strain off my momnk's tp after battle. The problem is you need quite a few sp in there in order for it to be affective. Thank you for your help Scy. I

-PLA

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:47 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:37 am

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:19 pm

You are scaring me with those talks.
Still, i just entered the second floor, have just ditch the dagger to a more suitable weapon for my party but... er, well, it looks like that with everything that will be unlocked (last 2 classes + sub class) i'll have to reroll my party one or two time :s
Is grinding funnier than in the 2 ? If not i might want to play something else and not just go from EOII to EOIII

Enough with my talking, i went with a G/N/B||A/M party after creating 1 character of each available class. Spending an hour in the creation menu to thinks of name that suits me wasn't what i expected when i wanted to start the game.
I should probably have taken an hoplite and a prince instead of the ninja and the buccaneer, they are to fragile and it forces me to track my way back t the town more often that i should.
Even my gladiator can be OHKO by the first stronger foe i think it doesn't matter if my party isn't sturdy for long trip in the labyrinth.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Hey bros, Wolken wants to change around his [hide]Shogun[/hide] build for a bit. I decided that Swashbuckling + Duel Wield isn't cutting it (rimshot). Since all its good for is well... building up the Limit gauge really fast (I don't like Warrior Might).

So... I moving on to a build that focuses on 5-Ring Sword's amazing damage output. Currently my build looks like this:
[spoiler]Shogun/Warrior Build
Level: 64
Level Cap: 99
Total Points: 79
Available Points: 0
Retired: Yes, at 70

Common Skills
HP Boost: 10/10
TP Boost: 10/10

Main Class: Shogun
Dual Wield: 10/10
Katana Mastery: 10/10
Endure: 5/5
Olympic Sword: 10/10
Great Militarist: 3/10

Sub Class: Warrior
Avenger: 3/10
Berserker's Oath: 10/10
Charge: 5/5
Wolf Howl: 3/10[/spoiler]

... What should I spend my remainder points on? I'm not a fan of Kaishaku ("Suicide Assistant") since my party is pretty much made of paper barring the Hoplite of course. ... Of course once my Hoplite is out my party is a lot more durable but I'm a bit parnoid about the skill's side effect.

In case you forget, my party is...
[hide]Shogun[/hide]/Gladiator, Hoplite/Ninja, Monk/Princess, Ninja/Buccaneer, Arbalist/Gladiator

Hoplite creates clones (when the need to be defensive arises) and er... protects the partywith either Antielms, Bodyguard or Line Guard.

Monk... should be fairly obvious >_>

Ninja mashes things with Pincushion (Maybe make a clone), debuffs with Rapier skills and supports the party with Eagle Eye.

Arbalist just destroys things with the usual Berserker Oath + Charge + Armor Piercer combination.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:20 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Well, the only ways to break 1000 damage at this point is either Berserker's Vow + Charge (well, that might break 2000) or a Zodiac main with Etheric Charge + Hellfire / Charge + Meteor.

The 2nd Stratum boss is ridiculously easy with a Zodiac main, though he can turn the tide without much effort. The 3rd Stratum boss is probably the easiest in the game if you bring Limit: Aegis Defense.

The mid-boss of the stratum isn't that bad either but it's definitely either a quick burn fight or a struggling to stay alive fight; bring lots of Madoras as there's a lot of row-target/all-target damage and ... ... ... *shrugs*. I never found it too bad of a fight (and I did the fight three times in a row on my JP file >>) I will note that [hide]having Head Bind on the Deep Lady basically ends the fight instantly for you.[/hide]

980 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”