EOIII Questions thread

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1266 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:09 am

25F spoilers

[spoiler]Any advice on defeating the Abyssal God? ... Other than level up to 99? >_>

My party can outdamage his healing move but it seems once he takes a certain amount of damage he breaks out of his pattern. How the hell do I defeat him then? O_o[/spoiler]

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 pm

I always label all the item boxes on my map, but I forgot to label the one in the top right of B5F, would anyone happen to have that labeled? It bugs me leaving it that way.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Zeblid
Fenrir

Postby Zeblid » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:36 pm

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:09 pm

CoarseDragon
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby CoarseDragon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:48 pm

I was pretty sure I read this somewhere but my faulty memory just can't seem to remember the answer. So please...

Do you get stat boost from your sub-class when you level up?
EO III
Guild: Seekers
Members: Hoplite - Gladiator
Ninja - Arbalist - Zodiac
-------------------------------
EO IV
Guild: Talons
Members: Landsknecht - Fortress - Nightseeker
Medic - Runemaster

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Nope. Your stat gains remain as those of your original class.

CoarseDragon
Ragelope

Postby CoarseDragon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:30 pm

EO III
Guild: Seekers
Members: Hoplite - Gladiator
Ninja - Arbalist - Zodiac
-------------------------------
EO IV
Guild: Talons
Members: Landsknecht - Fortress - Nightseeker
Medic - Runemaster

Derp
Ragelope

Postby Derp » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Hey guys, got some questions about the endgame bosses and several other issues. Please don't open those spoilers unless you finished the main story, don't wanna spoil anything... been reading through this board, yet some questions remain unanswered.

concerning the level cap
[spoiler]How do I unlock level 71+? retiring didn't seem to work.[/spoiler]

concerning a boss
[spoiler]the quest boss of 'Elval's grim truth'. He's supposed to be somewhere in the 4th stratum, but I can't find him.[/spoiler]

concerning the end-game sailing
[spoiler]where can I find the dragons that are hidden throughout the different areas of the game? is there a guide, yet?[/spoiler]

thanks in advance.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:59 pm

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Does anyone have an Etrian calander? I'm not talking about an actual product but if anyone knows the months in the game? I think it started in Emperor, then went to Summoner, then I think it was Torus (I think), and I'm not sure about the in between but I know the last month was Lapin and now i'm on ouroboros.

So anyone know all the months and such?

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:30 am

Whenever the game has events like "you notice a trip wire and X grabs the party to prevent them from triggering it!"

Is X character random?

I noticed it's mostly my Ninja, but I don't know if that's random (like when sailing it seems like it's random which character decides to [hide]drown his stupid ass[/hide]) or related to the Ninja's high AGI?

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:46 am

There's a few character based ones but it's small (~8?); they typically give you a "But so-and-so stopped you/informed you/reassured you/told you you're a dumbass/etc." message. The rest are presumably just slot or stat based.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:11 am

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:42 am

The calendar in the JP version of EO2 according to
:
[spoiler]Emperor
Flute Rat
Heaven Ox
King Tiger
White Rabbit
Rainbow Dragon
White Snake
Wind Horse
Golden Sheep
Flying Monkey
Fire Bird
Dog God
Angry Pig
Demon乎 (1 day)[/spoiler]I tried checking the calendar in SQ3 and it went Pig 28 -> Demon 1 -> Emperor 1, so SQ3 seems to be using the same calendar as SQ2.

If the EN version's calendar follows the same animal order (the Chinese zodiac), then it would probably be:
[spoiler]Emperor
Dormouse
Taurus
Tiger
Lapin
Uroboros
Serpent
Stallion
Aries
Capuchin
Phoenix
Summoner/Demiurge?
Khrysaor
Demiurge/Summoner?[/spoiler]

Edit: Wait, if you've already seen Summoner, then it can't be one of the last ones, but there'd be nowhere else to place it if the EN calendar is to follow the same order as the JP one. Maybe it doesn't? That'd be strange.

Edit: I was wondering what the JP month names might have meant, but these might just be coincidences:
[spoiler]Flute Rat: that were lured away by a magical pipe?
Heaven Ox: , "the Great Bull of Heaven"?
White Rabbit: White Rabbit of Inaba?
White Snake: ?
Golden Sheep: sheep with the ?
Flying Monkey: ?
Fire Bird: phoenix?[/spoiler]

1266 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”