EOIII Questions thread

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1266 posts
eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Fire Bird is more likely a Suzaku than a Phoenix (though they are similar, often confused legends).

I imagine it mainly describes the traditional attributes of those zodiac creatures; as the snake and rabbit are normally white, the sheep has a golden fleece etc. in the normal chinese legend of the zodiac creatures; at least as far as I'm aware.

Though I suppose it is vaguely possible that they're tying in things like the Greek legend of the Golden Fleece and the Argonauts etc.

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:50 pm

I don't know Harper, they do tend to mix up mythologies a lot. I mean ive fought off Chinese monsters on the Norse world tree. It wouldn't surprise me if they mix it up.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:32 am

Hey guys, do you know which weapon does the most skill damage for Arbalists with Front Mortar?

Ameno Makagoyumi or a fully forged Joukahainen Bow with ATK slots?

Self
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Self » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Ameno Makagoyumi (199 always beats 183 +6%)

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:06 pm

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Spoilerish question for the 4th stratum about enemy resistances

[spoiler]I just entered the 4th stratum (boy, do the random mobs hit hard! :shock: ), and I wanted to try a chase based gameplay for my Buccaneer during normal fights instead of spamming Rapid fire as usual.

So, without spoilering much, is there a single element which several 4th stratum mobs are weak to, or a single element which several mobs are strong to? Or it doesn't really matter?

I ask just because I noticed that some weapons require rarish items to forge and I would gladly avoid refarming them if I happen to choose a sucky element... [/spoiler]

Also, related to weapon element properties, if I use a Princess's Ice arm skill on a weapon forged with fire for example, will it retain also the fire element?

Self
Fenrir

Postby Self » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:24 pm

About 4th stratum resistances
[spoiler]About half of the random encounter monsters have equal F/I/V resistances, but fire is the best (or ties with another) against about 4 kinds of enemies, ice is the best against about 3, and volt is the best against about 2. This doesn't take into account the importance of each weakness (things such as threat level, amount of HP, or commonness).[/spoiler]

According to atwiki (), F/I/V Arms overwrites the forged attribute, which also causes the +10% damage/slot bonus to disappear.

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:39 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Does anyone not know what the hidden classes are at this point?

Did everyone know what they were before the game's release in the US?

Should their names be considered a spoiler?!

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:35 pm

RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:38 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:43 pm

RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:54 am

Nah, it seems too integral a function of the game to keep it immensely spoilerish. And you can be spoiled in many more places than here, like the simulator. And we did get information well before the Japanese release even. And it'd be an integral part of future party planning.

I was kind of annoyed about the idea of keeping them spoilerish, since it seemed pointless. I'll cast my vote for making them non-spoiler.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:33 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:16 am

1266 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”