Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1265 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:07 am

alexpk86
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby alexpk86 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:55 am

"Who are you people and where's my horse?"

NoFrets
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby NoFrets » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Lol I read this topic some hours ago, I had the DS with the lid closed all morning because I was in the middle of the fight with the third boss myself XD

Here's how it went:

[spoiler]Well I think it took between 20 and 30 turns, I feel like I kinda cheated because reading this boards I inevitably found out about Aegis defense and I had it before the fight, so it was a matter of guessing the activation, not so hard. Also I waited a couple turns for the final blow since I read that he blew up when disjointed :P

Anyway, I discovered after the middle of the fight that barring my arbalist critting for more than 500 damage with normal attacks (night vision), the most effective character was my buccaneer with a single point in chase ice (everybody else had icy weapons), which seems to retain the elemental properties of the weapon for massive damage (he had the gun with three preset flame slots), each chase did something like 130 damage, 250 critting, while rapid fire in comparison did not much (three shots for way less than 100 damage each)... Not sure about the actual pure damage since buffs were coming and going but still the impression was that the chases hit a lot harder.

The Ninja cloned himself whenever possible and then just attacked (50 dmg x2 :\... just took the zodiac subclass, not much to do right now in boss fights), the Princess buffed the buffable (plus some very light healing, items, and rare attacks when needed), the Hoplite covered her ass and everyone else, the Buccaneer shot like crazy and Eagle eyed the boss whenever possible, plus it seems to me that I was able to Aegis each beam attack only because of his maxed limit boost, the other two had always a couple of pixels in the bar left prior to the attack... the other tactic i used was the Charge one.

Noone died and I used three amritas and a couple of madora during critic moments (notably when the head was disjointed from the body)... it was not a piece of cake but it could have gone a lot worse, I guess.[/spoiler]

Just took a couple of steps into the 4th stratum and it really seems something else!
Last edited by NoFrets on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:20 pm

>>

My first JP playthrough killed [hide]Gatekeeper[/hide] before he split. My US playthrough dropped him to ~10%.

As for the [hide]Ant Agony[/hide] quest, it largely depends on your group. If you can beat [hide]Gatekeeper[/hide] you should be able to handle her though. It's just a long attrition fight compared to [hide]Gatekeeper[/hide] which is supposed to be a fast burn down.

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Before? :o

What was the team? I guess with a pure damage team plus [hide]Aegis defense[/hide] would not be that impossible... oh, and my party was level 34, what were yours Alexpk86 and Scy (if you remember)?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:24 pm

JP Playthrough was ~38 or so with Warrior/Something, Pirate/Something, Princess/Something | Shinobi/Zodiac, Zodiac/Arbalist; had I went Zodiac/Warrior, it would've been a turn faster I bet. I just went Clone -> Triple Meteor x2 with damage buff limit and some other limit. I didn't use Aegis Defense (Princess buffed, we lived with basically no HP) since I didn't pay attention to Limits I got.

US Playthrough was with Hoplite/Arbalist, Pirate/Gladiator, Princess/Arbalist | Shinobi/Zodiac, Zodiac/Arbalist ... and, again, I probably should've went Zodiac/Gladiator >> Party was 35 going into the fight, 36 after it and had used Etheric Charge -> Hellfire and Aegis Defense.

alexpk86
Bloodant

Postby alexpk86 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:34 pm

"Who are you people and where's my horse?"

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:11 pm

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:39 am

Eh, maybe not.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:52 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:39 am

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:23 am

._. [hide]Wyrm was dissapointing..[/hide]

[spoiler]Man Wyrm was even easier than Drake..it's elemental attacks were no threat thx to antifire, and it's physical attacks weren't that great either..my Yggdroid/Prince managed to offset most of the damage with protect and guard orders..while my HP cannon ninja and it's clone just kept steadily shooting the wyrm..
My Yggdroid/Arbalist provided some backup with pop flares for my HP cannon's and some extra damage every now and then..while my two Yggdroid/Hoplites pretty much spent their time bodyguarding their respective HP cannons users

but Dragon..>.< I hope I'm ready for that ..I know it's speedy and it has status inflicting..so not sure if my yggdroids can really handle it yet..but I guess maybe if I try getting most of my team to lvl 80 I might not have to worry too much about it..[/spoiler]
RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:02 am

Eh...
[spoiler]Wyrm has the worst status effect (all-target Confuse) and debuff (ATK Down); Dragon has Paralyze (not too terrible), Curse (single-target), and DEF down (irrelevant with proper gearing). Go in there with 2x Crush Amulets and 1x Slice Amulet + Cut Mist (or 2x Slice with 1x Crush + Bash Mist) and Antivolt and Dragon will never even hurt you besides Curse damage pinging back at you.[/spoiler]

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:38 am

@ Scy

O.o?
[spoiler]Wyrm had a status effect? o.O I never got it once during my battle...maybe had something to do with all my yggdroids with virus scanner skill..though it never worked that well when I first tried the Dragon..as for Drake I just assumed it had no status inflicting abilities..o.o

And the atk debuff thing..I didn't notice it since it never landed I think and if it did..not like it mattered since my main source of damage output was HP cannons so yea...

Thx for the tips with the dragon I'll try to remember that and see about getting crush and slice amulets..I'm still training my anti-element wielding yggdroid/hoplite so I won't be fighting dragon just yet..
[/spoiler]
RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:25 pm

[hide]Dragon was the easiest of the three. I beat him in under six turns, 1st try[/hide]

1265 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”