EOIII Rantage!

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1265 posts
Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIII Rantage!

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:00 am

i actually DO wonder now just how far i can take this passive healing train... ive only just gotten to ~300 hp pools... and 180ish HP a turn... heck even more with protect order (2 royal viels and 2 reinforces).... iunno... i guess its something to go back to... i loved it

....but even if it does, im still married to Monk to KEEP em' healed after bunshin :/ hmmm...

wonder what classes would best complement N/P HEALER that way... minus hoplite(i REALLY dont like hoplite... sub at best)... and minus wildling for obviousness

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:03 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:12 am

i might do something like
X/H... or P/N again... Otori+sarutobi is pretty awesome)
G/X or X/G(or anyfront line damager for bodygaurd... figured BV was the best buff for that)
X/M or M/X (emergency healer rather than main)
N/P
A/S or Z/A (Z/A has been the only consistent/best/favorite addition :3)

ill find some way to make it weird

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:19 am

I have to figure out how to stop getting 1shot by the elephant aoe.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:22 am

needz more grind?

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:34 am

I mean, I guessss.... What level were you when you did the 3rd stratum boss? I don't remember really needing to grind last time, but this time my party is so much squishier.

I feel like I'll probably die with 3 members having less than 200 health.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:38 am

3rd startum boss? i THINK i was around 35 or so?i really dont remeber.. i was <40. i remember dying horribly the first time and then beating em (barely, had JUST my back row left) abusing aegis defense

im 45 now and on b17f so i wouldnt be surprised if i was in the 35-38 range

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:26 pm

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:33 pm

i have the same issue lol

to be fair, i havent played or know of any rpg that allows you to
A)have the entire cast of characters available to you at lvl 1
B)Has your entire party/cast of characters active in the battle at the same time
C)allows everyone to be at the same level and get the same exp rate

EO is rather rare, if not unique when it comes to that

the rpgs ive ever played are character casts of 6-12 and only allow 1-3 characters in a battle, making point-for-point exp equallity possible. EO is the only exception i know of

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:04 pm

its possible without
although i had a prince for ketos, i didnt have ah nihilo (the reason to need prince(ss)

and i have never and did not need/use a hoplite for gatekeeper....or anything

i believe the only necessities are concerning post-game, and even then i choose to challenge that view

dont confuse difficulty with necessity

ketos can have legs bound, negating spout
gatekeeper can be blocked with aegis defense

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:17 pm

hm... why not like rank your party's role based on exp?
like if someone is a level or 2 higher, theyre the leader... and your lowest level is your cartographer more focused on the map?

....or are you too far gone?

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:44 pm

wait, why hard reset for a random encounter? running nets no exp, you can thread, treatment, restock, continue. plus you wont lose progress. only hard reset on bosses
...just some advice since im the same way,.. though im not so far gone as you. i just prefer having my group even so its either to manage sp and stuff

1265 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”