1265 posts
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:08 pm

IN YOUR FACE 1ST BOSS

IN

YOUR

FACE

Beat him :3 I rested and re-leveled my Monk, Ninja and Hoplite to adjust their skill paths, so by the time I was done my party was around level 15 or so.

For the [hide]submerging attack, I just cloned my Ninja. So I could hit all 6 puddles and break that fucker. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! I went through 3 Amarita, 1 Nectar, and 2 Medica during the battle, but besides my Monk's LOLDEATH and needing to pump fresh TP into my Hoplite so he could spam the volt-pierce it went well. [/hide]

Onward to the second stratum!

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Pureauthor
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Pureauthor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:43 pm

You have to wonder what kind of lousy dinghy they're packing that doesn't allow them to bring along [hide]raisins and peas[/hide] at the same time for fear of the boat sinking under the [s]wait[/s] weight.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:25 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

legacytyphoon
Fenrir

Postby legacytyphoon » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:58 pm

I've been avoiding from FOEs like a coward. My party was created to die for me and get me cash (en, whatever it is, I want more of it). But they keep spending it all on things like items and equipment. Then they keep going out to the ocean and fishing and getting [hide]bitten by ants[/hide]. Recently, I caught them collecting [hide]flowers[/hide] for some [hide]shop lady[/hide]. Honestly, what is with explorer's these days?
Ugh, the first FOE I ran into kicked my head in. Some guy was like, "Avoid the FOE, that one, that one there, look at it, yeah that one."
And what do I do? I run right into the thing.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Up to the second boss.

[spoiler]Ocean Rave is a weird move. It often misses but when it does hit it does a ridiculous amount of damage. Any idea how it works? Other than that he doesn't seem too hard. That ice move he has is pretty annoying though.

Oh yeah, I died btw. I blame on being severely underlevelled. I hear most people beat him at 27... I'm lvl 22 >_>;[/spoiler]

Optional Boss
Wyvern

Postby Optional Boss » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:31 pm

Book Completion: 66%

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Okay, B14F, fuck you. Seriously.

The puzzle wasn't what killed me all those times; it was the [hide]freaking dinosaur thing[/hide] killing me after I solved the puzzle that made me rage.

On the bright side, I made it to B15F.

And concerning the "stratum surprise" factor (contains 4th stratum spoilers):
[spoiler]Yeah...the fourth stratum didn't impress me all that much, although I do like it. It doesn't help that Flowdia actually remembers the shrine and everything (and let's not forget the princess actually saying "let's get to their shrine guys"), and based on some of her B16F (thank you, pits) dialogue, she knows what the fifth stratum is going to be. And it will have warps. I'm still excited for the fifth stratum (and sixth stratum), though, since this is the first EO game I didn't actually spoil for myself.[/spoiler]

Edit: (possible 5th stratum spoilers):
[spoiler]Wait a minute...Porcelain Forest? I thought that was just a euphemism for the bathroom. What is the world coming to?[/spoiler]

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:15 am

Phaukz
Ragelope

Postby Phaukz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:17 am

"That's too bad. Or not bad at all, I mean it's good that you are not insane, but it would have been interesting."- Rin Tezuka, "Katawa Shoujo"

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:30 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:53 am

Okay, finally reached the 5th Stratum

(5th stratum spoilers, duh)
[spoiler]Yeah, pretty unexciting. Pretty, but not very interesting. I thought "Porcelain Forest" referred to a hospital or something. Oh, well.[/spoiler]

Also, the B16F boss took forever because I forgot to equip limit skills. Meh. At least I can unlock [hide]Amrita II's[/hide] now.

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:33 am

second boss stuff

[spoiler]Okay so I really like fighting this second boss. Hes killed me twice, every time I bring him down to a sliver but he does that sleep and ocean I'm gonna rape your party move. But, the music and the quality of the fight are just so good. Also I like the way he talks to you before starting the fight, its just soooo good.

What element is he weak to though?[/spoiler]

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:47 am

1265 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”