EOIII Questions thread

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1266 posts
Lord Zombie
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Zombie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:21 am

@ Wolkenritter thx

Though..

[spoiler]now I have an issue with trying to catch the dam tentacles.. they always run away D: though I managed to kill 3 of them I think. The ones I'm having issues with are the 4 in the A-C area and the one in D6-D7[/spoiler]

I'm going to keep trying but some advice on those would be appreciated as well.
RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:24 am

Lord Zombie
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Zombie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:30 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:08 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:19 am

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:06 am

Oh, I just remembered something about the fourth stratum.
[spoiler]Okay so Olyimpia gave me a starry shard. The description says "A regular looking rock that is a clue for the porcelain offering."

Thing is i'm all the way to the fifth stratum and haven't found what its used for.[/spoiler]

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:12 am

@LMC:
[spoiler]She gives that to you if you promised to keep the Deep City a secret after defeating Ketos. Kujura gives you a similar item if you told the Senatus about the Deep City. You can get both on the same playthrough.

They are only used for the True Ending. You need both of the items, and you need to initiate the path at a certain time (a point you already passed).[/spoiler]

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:23 am

Aw damn it. Okay sampson, thanks for the info.

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:25 am

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:38 pm

Aaargh I think I fucked up, is there a way to make Dark Ether on my Ninja/Zodiac activate before the elemental chasing skill of my Buccaneer? Right now he has 10 AGI more and a x3 SPD accessory but it isn't enough... does the chase always activate first regardless of SPD?

The idea was to use it in combo with a Fire barrage but if I can't Dark Ether first it's way too expensive (and I need to invest 11 points in Rapid fire + Trickster to regain TP, which I would gladly avoid)...

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

The Chasers are +60 SPD. Dark Ether is +30 SPD. You have +25 SPD from AGI and SPD Accessories so ... you don't have enough to compensate for the difference.

NoFrets
Ragelope

Postby NoFrets » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:36 pm

nekohime
Ragelope

Postby nekohime » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:58 pm

I've got a question about the Buccaneer's swashbuckling. Do the extra attacks have the same chance of being critical that the initial do or are they always normal attacks?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Just as likely to critical; Swashbuckling procs extra regular attacks as if you had used the [Attack] command again.

nekohime
Ragelope

Postby nekohime » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks.
[spoiler]
I'm playing around with a Yggdroid but I'm not nearly high enough of a level for HP Cannon to be viable. I don't have any room for bots so I'm stuck with skills and regular attacks. I have yet to use Buccaneer at all and Overheat + Swashbuckling + Lady Luck + Data Mining sounds interesting. Lights Out or Hanging might be useful too with the ability to get free TP with self-binds and Sleep Mode. Either way I'm sure the the damage output will still be less than what my Gladiator/Arbalist was doing, although it will free up my Ninja/Zodiac to supply my Zodiac/Gladiator with endless Meteor spam during bosses as well as random encounters.[/spoiler]

1266 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”