Guild and Class selection

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

980 posts
Weebos
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Guild and Class selection

Postby Weebos » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Hey guys, this is my second EO game (EO4 was my first), and I'm at the 4th Stratum boss (Shin for me) and I figured now was as good a time as any to take a look at my team.

Front Row:

Yggdroid/Buccaneer
Going Swashbuckling with this guy. Its not up to speed with the rest of my party, pretty much just auto-attacking. Kind of underwhelmed, but like I said, its level 40 and my party is 45-48ish.

Arbalest/Gladiator
Beserker Vow, Charge, Front Mortar. Tons of damage, but missing sucks. Two turns of set up is kind of boring too, so I'm not too hot on this one. Is there any way to boost accuracy through items? Is there a main stat tied to that?

Monk/Prince
Love this guy. I had a Princess that I loved until I got the Yggdroid, and merging the Monk and Princess just makes too much sense. Only problem is I don't have enough skill points for all the skills I want. This is primarily a Monk with Prince passives, I'll probably get some buffs when I finish a few more skills out.

Back Row

Hoplite/Ninja
Awesome combo, two Hoplites is great. This set seems pretty standard so not much to say.

Zodiac/Ninja
I'm really enjoying the Zodiac, the elemental damage is some nice coverage, Etheric Charge puts out the nukes, and Dark Ether is great support. Not sure what to do with the subclass. Mine is a Ninja but I don't use any Ninja skills, just got it for the skill points.

I'm not having too many problems yet, I threw myself at Shin once and did some respectable damage before wiping, so my current order of business is grinding up, especially my level 40 Yggdroid.

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Last edited by Wolkenritter on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Weebos
Ragelope

Postby Weebos » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! I'll definitely be trying out a bunch of your suggestions on my way to finally beating this game.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:58 pm

So im about to try this game out for once... and while ive not asked for advice for a team without trying it for myself before (and never really had any issues) i just wanted to ask about some things to work toward... my playstyle is generally a bit different from the "norm" of more balanced setups.. some things i find myself using;

Tanky hybrid; tank/damage; tank/buffer; High def dmg/Tank, etc. high survivability that can service the party by helping kill or doing anything than simply being a slab of meat doing nothing but getting hit. i really dislike 3 party members standing around doing effectively little (assuming am already using a dedicated buffer and a dedicated healer) Fun Fact; ive even managed to pull this off with an Alchemist in EOU before... though it required grimoire stones to tunnel attacks toward em'. it was more effective than you might think

2-3 multi-hitters OR 2 chasers and 1 initiator; i guess this could fall under "pure unadulterated damage" but aesthetically i just prefer hitting multiple things or single things repeatedly... and chasers just seems like a bunch of pals helping eachother out.. makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.....

Dedicated buffer; the guy that makes everyone better. i might set them up as iniators too if they can if im running chasers... or just as a dedicated buffer for multi-attackers. i dont usually like PURE buffers because after 2-3 turns, they either have nothing to do or cycle though their 2-3 buffs to keep them up.. and it bores me a bit... i try to hybridize it out to the hybrid tank or as something for my damagers to do in downtime

Dedicated healer; ive found.... its very hard, if not impossible to survive without SOME sort of healbot... id love to have some sort of hybrid here but ive never been able to manage... so... yeah.. HEALER! YAY! though with my general setup, i dont often have the luxury of pawning off my healer to be a buffer too, as they generally are constantly healing.

so i guess im wondering are there any good bulky hybrids/ chase setups/ good damage multi-hitters? shouldnt be hard to find the healer and.. heal

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:15 am

i was looking into the skill calc and the P/H appealed to me as an active mitigater(or H/P) and would be helpful for other roles as well... both a buffer AND a chase initiator... but i dunno how starved for points the poor guy'll end up. probably a dumb choice but it seems... different

monk is a given... (assuming P/H), Wildling might be the best choice to pop off them drums during any downtime.. or as something to use in random battles

does zodiac only give dark ether to EITHER row? or just the row theyre in? because if it's either row... Zodiac would make a wonderful engine... if its only their row, i might just go arbalist

it seems like B/G would be my last 2 slots with swashbuckling/wild swings/ chase XXX (probably a G/B and B/G for portraits)
so starting off im looking at...

B / P / G
M / Z?

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:25 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:44 am

Warrior's Might with swashbuckling scares me..
as for "halfway" plans...

though im not one to shift around my party halfway through a game... they made it that far together, theyll make it the rest of the way dangit!

still... waiting on shipping this gem x.x the wait... THE WAIT (itll be here wednesday) i wanna get some pre-planning ^^;

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:16 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:41 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:34 am

right now im running

P / N / M
B / Z

prince im building to be bulky, ninja im having funnel attackes to the prince (and will eventually use Makibishi for counters, monk is healer, buccaneer is currently spamming quick draw... cuz free multi-hit, and zodiac is currently doing a whole lotta nothing because i dont go through much TP

eventually gonna be switching up members but thats not for a while

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:46 am

because im a strange, strange EO player...

in all honestly its because A) the bulkiest
B) the idea is to be under guard/rally/protect orders
C) its different

eventually my prince will be replaced as the designated meatshield, but its a style i much prefer to protector/fortress/hoplite

then again im only level 5 and have yet to run into anything seriously threatening...

edit: at first i was wondering what you were talking about for the passive heals.. then i remembered.
yeah i know im missing out on that but its my hope theres enough mitigition through healing every turn/increased health pool/damage reduction. plus the ninja's funnel ability counts as a buff for royal lineage and i still have dark ether if im REALLY desperate for TP...

if it REALLY falls apart later, ill just have to deal with it then i suppose

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:00 am

As im finding out... though at this low of level its not something i can realistically have atm.... one day... one day..

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:25 pm

980 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”