Guild and Class selection

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

980 posts
isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Guild and Class selection

Postby isometric » Tue May 05, 2015 7:47 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue May 05, 2015 9:28 am

Spears deal full damage from the back row, I would actually suggest having your Wildling trade places with your Hoplite, since as mentioned Line Guard works better if you're on the same row.

As for chases, they're not really viable until you unlock Shoguns. Shoguns like Dancers in EO4 can generate a lot of attacks with the regular attack command, though you'll need a Buccaneer sub for Swashbuckling. As for chases, the Shogun's Warrior Might is far more reliable than any of the Buccaneer chases, being able to chase any attack, as well as being guaranteed to proc as well.

Its something to consider once you get past the 3rd strata anyway. Party planning of course becomes a whole new beast once you get subclasses.

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Tue May 05, 2015 2:01 pm

hm, alright. Thanks everyone, i didn't know spears did full damage from the back. and yes, i did start at IV, but i was looking at both 4 and 3 before i got 4. I never did use back row fortress though, as the tp gain doesen't apply when hit in the back row. but that's a discussion for another thread.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Aegix Drakan
Ragelope

Postby Aegix Drakan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:53 pm

I'm considering replaying the game, since I'm getting huge EO cravings and Mystery Dungeon's postgame isn't really cutting it for me (and I can't justify 60 bucks for Untold 2 right now).

I'm looking for some interesting class builds to try this run, got any suggestions?
(Note, I don't have the imperial class, I picked up the Yggdroid class in my first run)

My only requirement is that there's a Sovereign in it, that's all. If you guys have interesting class setups you want to share, please do.

My first run was
Gladiator/Arbalest
Buccaneer/Gladiator
Hoplite/Ninja
Prince/Monk
Ninja/Zodiac

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:53 am

You could make a group focusing on Regal Radiance!
You should have at least 2 Prince(ss)s, sub or main class, and an Arbalist or someone else with very high weapon damage.
The Arbalist needs Zodiac subclass for Etheric Charge if you want max damage, or Prince if you want him to regen TP.
If you arrange the timing, you can cast Fire/Freeze/Shock Arms and R.R. on the same turn. Doesn't matter which comes first. So long as they never mix up in turn priority, you can keep doing this every turn indefinitely.

Some subclass things:
By subclassing Zodiac, you can use the Prince(ss)'s rapid TP regen to cast an occasional Dark Ether. I did a run like this with 2 Wildings that summoned their beasts for free (and dismissed them for some regen).

Shogun is a superb subclass for a Prince(ss), but you'll have to get to that point.

On other notes, Prince(ss)s have strong defenses, so spamming buffs from the front line is a very good use for them in any party. Place 2 of them in the front line and you'll have an unkillable buff festival. I recommend against using Royal Veil, since it doesn't scale, but Monarch March is still impactful despite not scaling.

Wolfling
Ragelope

Postby Wolfling » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:32 am

I agree with SteelCrow said,

but if you don't have shogun and want an offensive physical one,Buccaneer sub is probably better because it has limit boost charging for a limit buff like charge tactic(heals everyone and heals your tp), more importantly it improves prince(ess) DMG output like, rapier attack boost, swashbuckling, and lady luck. I'm fully aware you'll be spending SP mostly for the buffs so just pick one.

P and B has the greatest synergy, with shogun coming in second

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:38 am

Actually, imo the princess should have subclass ninja for bunshin so that it can dish out a regal radiance every turn
"Roses are red, violets are blue
Im not a really big fan of tofu
But what i do love is jenetta, my adorable bunny waifu"
Happily married to jenetta the drunken bunny maid since 06:15 The 13/5 2016. She's my really beautiful bunny waifu. Sweeter than sugar, more kind and loving than a nurse. And not to forget, she's the most attractive one in this universe. My love for her surely isn't something you can reverse...
Drunken bunny waifu theme:

Aegix Drakan
Ragelope

Postby Aegix Drakan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:10 pm

I decided to go with a more chaser-focused build in the end.

Yggdroid, Hoplite, Prince, Arbalest, Zodiac (Sublcasses pending, except for Yggdroid who will be a buccaneer subclass).

...Unfortunately, I might not end up replaying the game because man...This New Game + mode is kind of terrible.

I was totally cool with carrying over previous characters, with having all the equipment unlocked at the shop, I was also cool with the map carrying over (after all, if I wanted to re-do the map, I could always erase it by hand).

But apparently not only are all the chests already looted (what?!), I can't redo any of the quests that I already completed (WHAT?!). This cuts down the replayability considerably, as there is now basically no reason to explore at all (outside of grinding), as all of the chests in out of the way locations are already looted, and there are no quests for me to accomplish. :s Basically, all that I can do is grind in already-explored maps until I'm strong enough to take on the next one, with no loot to discover and no quests to give me extra reason to be places.

I'd delete the save data and start over properly, except that if I do that, I lose access to the Yggdroid class, which I wanted to experiment with this time.

I would just go back to my original plan of just buying the EO2 remake and playing that game again that way, but...60 bucks is a big ask for me at the moment, with my current budget. Especially with Persona 5 and Styx Shards of Darkness coming out so soon. ;_;

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:03 pm

...Yeah, it's definitely a downer not being able to do the quests again. I stopped drawing most of the maps because I have them memorized. I've found that leaving them blank helps with replay value because I have to think more about where I'm going. I haven't finished Cyclopean Haunt or any of the zones past the key-restricted doors, so I still have a modicum of exploration to do.

If you're experimenting with Yggdroid, any weapon or armor based subclass is good, like the buccaneer you mentioned. Feel free to include more Yggdroids in your team. They'll generally perform just as good if not better than the main class, since Yggdoid's passives mimic the functions of several Class Skills (like Trickster, Endless Battle). The bots are a curious playstyle to pursue, best done in a 4 or 3 member party.

Nesmontou
Ragelope

Postby Nesmontou » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:28 pm

If you have an Action Replay or are playing on a linker, there's a solution for hidden classes in this thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtrianOdyssey/ ... _but_with/

Wolfling
Ragelope

Postby Wolfling » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Nice one Nesmontou but theirs a downside on using that,

Re-edited: Your pretty handicapped if you use Shogun or Yggdroid as your starting member,shoguns katana based skills cant be use without katana, and yggdroid high atk stats are really wasted on daggers especially their slower than Hoplite, anything is much more useful than yggdroid until sub class.Meaning you gotta kill with 2(assuming you used them both) character who cant use more than 30% percent of their potential, that's very heavy lifting for your other 3 members
Last edited by Wolfling on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:41 am

"Roses are red, violets are blue
Im not a really big fan of tofu
But what i do love is jenetta, my adorable bunny waifu"
Happily married to jenetta the drunken bunny maid since 06:15 The 13/5 2016. She's my really beautiful bunny waifu. Sweeter than sugar, more kind and loving than a nurse. And not to forget, she's the most attractive one in this universe. My love for her surely isn't something you can reverse...
Drunken bunny waifu theme:

Wolfling
Ragelope

Postby Wolfling » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:56 pm

Re-Re-edited: i just re played to confirm and Man i should really stop commenting while sleepy, yggdroid dont really have disadvantage like shogun as a starter. They can only use daggers and normal armours like prince minus the shield. That said guess Gladiator is better than yggdroid for dishing melee attacks until Sub Class

Ps thanks for the correction

X-Hearts
Ragelope

Postby X-Hearts » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello, I'm looking for some help/suggestions with my party setup.

I've been starting a new game (deleting the data over and over again) because I can't decide what kind of party I want to use. I think it's because I'm being stubborn, naming and basing my characters off other games or anime/manga characters.

At the moment, I'm thinking of basing my party with characters from Blazblue, specifically Team Remix Heart, consisting of: Mai Natsume, Kajun Faycott, Noel Vermillion, Tsubaki Yayoi, Makoto Nanaya and Shiori Kirihito. :mrgreen:

So far, this is what I'm thinking (leaving Mai out):
Kajun = P/? (main buffer and tank + Monarch March, won't get protect order)
Noel = B/G (Pincushion gun user)
Tsubaki = Z?/?
Makoto = M/P (main healer, no Monarch March)
Shiori = N/?

What I wanted to do is go 2 front/3 back formation, putting my damage dealers in the back.

So any suggestions/improvements, especially for my 2nd damage dealer, what could be my other choices/options? How about my subclass options?

Hope you can help me. Thanks. :)

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:30 am

980 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”