About the " Jump " function...

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Isabelyes
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

About the " Jump " function...

Postby Isabelyes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:56 am

I think I know what it's for.
note that it only appears when selecting skills during battle.
there are main and subclass skills. main in green, subclass in blue if I remember correctly.
Couldn't "Jump" be the same as in Sithoth Trading, where you'd immediatly "Jump" to the next of weapon?
I think that, in battle, if you press Y while choosing skills,
you'd jump from main skills to subclass skills.

Centurion_Beta
Ragelope

Postby Centurion_Beta » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:12 pm

I figure maybe it's like the Dragoon class from various Final Fantasy games, in which they actually have the attack skill "jump." :P

...I actually have no idea, I'm just throwing that out there to be stupid. Your guess is better than mine, and given the subclass skills, I wouldn't be surprised if you were exactly right. Other than that, my only guess would be that it causes your selected party member to "jump" from the front row to the back or the back row to the front.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:33 pm

If memory serves, when in battle, it brings you back to the top of your skill list.

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:24 pm

T-T so it's nothing awesome, then?

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:54 am

nope.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Just randomly found this out while I was doing a little bit of backtracking in the first Stratum to fill in some unsightly blanks on my map:

The "Jump" function also affects your Subclass and Limit skills.
Lets just take an example Warrior/Ballista...

[Break]
[Rampage]
[Blade Rave]
--------------------
[Illuminating Shot]
[Smoke Bomb]
--------------------
[Cross Slash]

Each time you press the Jump (Y) button, the cursor would jump to the first skill of each section.

So, if I currently had "Rampage" highlighted and then pressed Y, the cursor would move to "Illuminating Shot".
If I pressed Y again, the cursor would be on "Cross Slash".
If pressed once more, the cursor would move to "Break."
Last edited by ZetaBladeX13 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:39 pm

SSSHHHH TOLD YOU!!!

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:33 pm

that's still just cursor movement >_>

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:43 pm

9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”