EOIII Rantage!

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1265 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: EOIII Rantage!

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon May 11, 2015 8:15 am

Sleep Charms can be bought at that point, those help. Also if you have a Princess, Prevent Order is a lifesaver in that fight.

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Mon May 11, 2015 2:36 pm

saddly, i'm without a prince/princess. I think i can make due with a bit more grinding though. i'll just have to remember to get my armor back when i take down the boss so that i don't carry a charm through the entire next stratum, like i did with the blind charm on my gladiator.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby heprea » Sun May 17, 2015 12:37 pm

You know, the first time I played EO 3 i only used 1 sub class and that was on my wildling because i was getting tired of spamming the princess/prince elemental buffs <_< I think i took that sublcass once my characters were all at level 50 or so ^^;

This time im actually using them properly :P
well, at least on 3 classes, thats certainly more than 1!

Mole-chan I....

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sun May 17, 2015 8:46 pm

i dunno if i messed up my zodiac or not, but everyone seems to have etheric charge by (still on that boss,) and i don't have it. i have though gotten all 3 masterys to level 5.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun May 17, 2015 9:19 pm

That's what I normally have when I reach Ketos. You don't need ice until the 3rd strata so investing in it is kinda a waste. Ether Mastery is worth much more than the individual elemental masteries (25% damage boost over 11% damage boost when maxed), and it powers up all three, so generally its better to invest in that first.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sun May 17, 2015 9:27 pm

hmm. i might try resting, but that would mean i'd have to grind them 5 more levels. i think i could do it, but it'd be boring.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Wed May 20, 2015 9:03 pm

You know its a lot more fun to do these seq quests when your characters arent 50 levels higher than the quest monsters, another dumb/silly thing I did when playing EO III for the first time is that I ignored the sailing/Sea quests.. totally. >_<

Mole-chan I....

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sun May 24, 2015 9:15 pm

it appears that getting 2 more levels of grinding and sleep guards are all i needed to take him down! i've made it to the third stratum (another jaw drop). subclasses i don't know if i did them right, but honestly i don't care. my hoplite has been subclasses as prince, gladiator as ninja, zodiac as bucceneer, monk as farmer, and wildling as hoplite.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun May 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Mole-chan I....

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Mon May 25, 2015 2:20 pm

So over the weekend I restarted my last file from scratch. The intent is to eventually go back towards the initial classes in it. However, thanks to having a main Prince/Princess, I've forgotten how great they can be at the beginning portion of the game. As a result, I've now accessed the third stratum much faster than I had intended to.

The downside to above is that I've completely neglected the Sea exploration in getting there that fast. I'm also now facing a class dilemma for when I go back to the original path I had intended. The intent was to roll with a Hoplite/Shogun*, but now I'm considering Prince/Shogun instead.

*Testing out how offensive a Hoplite could be made while retaining their defensive abilities.

Reason for the restart, does contain spoilers for those new to game:

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue May 26, 2015 7:52 pm

If i was to go for "my favorite kind of" team, it would definetly have princess and hoplite, both specced as defensive as possible. :P

However, whenever I do a second(or third or w/e) play I try to use classes I did not use on my first play so this time no princess/hoplite(as main classes anyway).

Also about that sadistic side of yours, I totally know that feel yo. ^^;

Mole-chan I....

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue May 26, 2015 11:17 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed May 27, 2015 12:12 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed May 27, 2015 1:10 am

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Wed May 27, 2015 2:32 pm

1265 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”