Moderator: ItL Moderators

1265 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: EOIII Rantage!

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 am

Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sigma » Thu May 28, 2015 2:24 pm

I believe the enemy is called "Big Snakehead", random enemy encounter. When I get to the 4th Stratum, I can confirm the name once I get to the southern portion of the first floor to that stratum. If memory serves, it shows up more commonly in that quadrant.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Oh! Oh! That thing.

Itcangodieinafire- I usually run away from it. Yeah, they're nasty but besides Antivolt you can bind its head as mentioned or even inflict confuse with Call Elephant. There's also that Limit skill that makes you immune to magic damage... the game does give you a lot of ways to deal with such assaults.

Somanygameoversthoughihopetheyalldie

Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sigma » Sun May 31, 2015 3:20 pm

So I've decided to keep the Prince class instead. Utilized the King Penguin sea quest to get my party up to my desired retire level. Now I just need to go back to the 2nd Stratum to pick up the Star Key that I've neglected and utilize/explore the Star Doors to hopefully get my party back (or near) to their previous level upon accessing the 4th Stratum. If all else fails, hopefully doing 3rd Stratum FOE runs won't take too long.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:16 am

Here goes my bad EO tenancies, restarting to see what a different party set up is like. Now i've got Hoplite and gladiator in the front, with Monk, arbalist and ninja in the back. sad about the lack of head binds, but i can make do with arm and leg binds.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:26 pm

So this playthrough was the first time that I've actually used the Shogun class skills...

While fighting Progenitor last night, I quickly realized how abusive the likes of Warrior Might is even when you're not actively abusing it. In other words, I wasn't abusing the Second Sword and Swashbuckling combo on him. I knew how badly that combo can be abused thanks to utilizing it on certain enemies and FOEs within the 4th and 5th Stratum. However, I didn't expect Warrior Might to allow me to just bs my way through Progenitor in 2 rounds after debuffs, buffs, and confusion were up (Prince was hitting for 1,222 HP per hit).

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:48 pm

Never used warriors might :o
Well to be honest, I've never even used shogun class in EO III <_<
I mean I do have my ninja subclassed as one but its purely for the +5 skill points D:
Maybe i should test out this warriors might skill, I had a dozen attempts at progeinator but I did eventually defeat it but each fight was like +20 rounds (final combat i had with it was 25 rounds or so). :|

Mole-chan I....

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:01 pm

So, after beating two superbosses (Kraken and Alraune (gods, i hated her so much)), I decided to level my party up to 70 to retire them for a new playthrough.

This time, I want to try something different than my pretty straightforward setup:
G/A (Nine Smashes) A/G (Front Mortar) H/N (Antis, Line Guard)
N/Z (Dark Ether Spam) M/P (Heal)

My goal in the new playthrough are the Deep City route and the . Now I've got some questions:
- Are elemental Zodiacs a thing? I always read one should go for elemental forges instead. But seeing Anemone taking 150 damage from my Arbalist's Front Mortar with Ice Forges makes me think otherwise...
- How about Wildlings for inflicting status and binds?
- Is a Shogun with 5-Ring Sword worth the 30 TP consumption?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:38 pm

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 am

Alright, that was really helpful. Thanks, Wolkenritter!
Back to thinking my party through...

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Welp, i'm restarting again, but this is my last time! my team is going to be a bit weird this time for my standards. I have Prince and hoplite in the front row, with bucceneer, zodiac, and monk in the back row. i have no idea what to expect, seeing as i've never used a prince or a bucceneer before (well, i have, but not more than 1 floor)

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:06 am

well, i might try out combat monk this time. I barely have the patience to grind up an extra character, but if my prince won't be too working too well later i might try too. dunno what choices will effect my path yet, so i dunno where i'll be going. Bucceneer has been really useful.

Diego9000
Ragelope

Postby Diego9000 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Well... since this a rantage post... let me rant!

Why the hell i can't make more than 250 of damage per turn on Abyssal God with my best strategy?! ;A;
I seen enough youtube videos to notice that they manage around 8000 per turn, some characthers even reach past the 2000 of damage...

What's wrong with my game?! T.T

I pretty much grind on the FOEs from the very same floor it is, but Abyssal God just refuses to take more damage...

---
Arbalist with 99 at STR, strongest available bow, using etheric charge and buffed with attack order = 45 of damage on Abyssal God... ;o;
Even on your bathroom F.O.E. !

1265 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”