EOIII Rantage!

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1265 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: EOIII Rantage!

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:07 am

Try attacking him when he changes to his offensive stance, he initially starts in his defensive one, which takes reduced damage from virtually everything. You should spend most of the defensive form turns priming your party's nuclear strikes.

Diego9000
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Diego9000 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Thanks for the tip!
I will try!
Even on your bathroom F.O.E. !

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Wildlings, Princes and were such wasted potential. :(
Cool movesets, great utility, and a couple of my favorite portraits, even! Lackluster as hell on bosses or as a main class instead of subclass.

Even zodiacs were pretty meh for damage.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Wildlings probably could've been better if there were classes that actually had synergy with them. This is the only EO game with no classes that use binds or ailments to their advantage like Nightseekers or Dark Hunters.

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:53 pm

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:01 am

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Took back the game since I'm done with EMD. I'm at the third stratum and shifted my party a bit.

Mid second-stratum I changed my Buccaneer to a Wildling, but it was pretty much disappointing... Once I beat Ketos, unlocked subclasses and leveled up everyone to level 30, I retired everyone to get a new composition (well, pretty much the same strategy as before, but with different main classes).

Front line : Hoplite/Monk (for passive regen when using shield skills) and Arbalist/Gladiator (Nine-smashes spammer)
Back line : Ninja/Princess (elemental buffs and Regal Radiance), Monk/Princess (classic healer) and Arbalist/Zodiac (main target for Regal Radiance)

Love that party so far, just need to put everyone back at level 28-30 to progress through the third stratum. The second stratum fish-like-FOEs help a lot for this (since Regal Radiance can deal around 2k-2.5k damage to each fish every two turns, and I can group them to kill 3 to 4 at the same time).
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:45 pm

Heading through this game yet again, seince my brother didn't wanna play it. this time i'm doing Ninja/monk/hoplite front row with zodiac/arbilist back row. haven't had much problem, although i don't know about the future due to no specific damage dealer besides i guess my monk?
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:04 am

You should probably put your Ninja in the back. Their class ability allows all weapons to deal full damage from the back row as well as lower TP costs.

Also unless you're building it in a specifc way, Arbalist is a damage dealer among damage dealers. Giant Kill along with with either Front Mortar or Armor Piercer is absurdly powerful.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:04 am

alright, i'll try that. I probably won't invest much into front mortar until my hoplite can keep the front row alive with line guard

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:11 am

Again with my terrible thing where i restart a lot, I've come back to this game, and am rather determined to finish it

My current class set up is
Gladiator/Hoplite/Bucceneer
Monk/Zodiac

Gonna be trying out some new things i havn't done before with my gladiator and bucceneneer, mainly using clubs on the gladiator and rapiers on the bucceneer. I hope i can make it through it this time!

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:30 am

Why is the drop rate for gigapede legs so stupendously low? like, they're the one thing from monsters i haven't gotten yet. legitimately. I still don't have a gigapede leg.

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:41 am

Gigapede Legs were a pain in the arse to farm, I agree!

Man, I really need to get back to my EO3 playthrough. No tank is weird but I seem to be doing okay for only being ~level 11 and on the 3rd floor.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:56 am

I've made it to Narmer! And i almost had him too, if it wern't for that meddling Mud throw screwing up everything when he was like, 2 turns from dying. He went under after blinding my front row.

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:17 pm

I swear this game is so much more frustrating early game than EOU1 or EO4. I just can't make money to save my life unless I go fishing. A single dungeon run costs me 160 ental to break even (60 en for inn @ level 12, 100 for the ariadne thread), and I swear my healer's TP get sucked away super fast. I guess having no tank doesn't help, but...I'm worried about whenever I get to Narmer. Maybe I should just farm floor 2 for a while to get some drops to cash in on.

1265 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”