EOIII Rantage!

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1265 posts
Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIII Rantage!

Postby Kimiko » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:55 pm

If the game gives you fishing as an option for making en, it's probably expected that you use it.

Isn't there a spot on the first few floors where you can recover HP and/or TP for free? Most EO games have one or two such spots.

If all else fails, for the very start of the game a (maybe cheatish) option is to register extra guild members (free), strip them of their starting gear and sell that, then unregister them. It's pretty tedious and doesn't give enough en to make it worth the trouble after the first two floors or so, but it can help a weaker team get started.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:38 pm

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:44 am

There's the campgrounds to rest with a Tent, but I'm not sure how much recovery they actually grant.

I -do- have a full party of Farmers, but like a dummy I didn't even look at safe stroll and just got the skill for EXP out of combat to 5, then dumped SP into being able to harvest. I may have to rest someone back to level 1 since they're already level 7 / 8. Anyways, thanks for the help, both of you!

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:24 pm

So...I decided to try and take on Narmer at level 13. I might be a bit crazy. After a grueling 20 turn disaster in which I was nearly out of TP and my gladiator had been dead for half of it (thank goodness for getting a new crossbow for Lua just prior!)...I got him to run away. and spawn those Bog Lurkers.

I'm going to try to level to 15/16 and get Volt Arms on my Princess, and make sure my Monk is in the back row when I rematch him--she wasn't punching him for much anyways, and one less person to heal from that mud AOE will make my life easier.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:31 am

Probably better if the Monk goes to the back yeah, Monk's damage output isn't going to winning any awards anytime soon. They're best used as pure healers for the time being.

12 is the level I usually take on Narmer actually. But my early game parties are usually well equipped for him. (Read: Arbalest with Volt Barrage and Zodiac).

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:30 am

I actually have Volt Barrage on my Arbalest already! But she's my only form of elemental damage atm, barring my Princess casting Fire Arms. Silly me focused on Bolt Mastery over Giant Kill, so Giant Kill is only level 3 atm.

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:46 pm

Narmer down with a level 16 party! He...actually wasn't all that bad. Volt Arms helped wreck him for sure, though. Been doing some sea quests and poking around B5F a bit, got my main team to level 18. Also have my farmer team up and running a bit now, although I need to get more people to safe stroll so i don't run out of TP for it so fast.

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:30 pm

HAHAHAHA YES I CAN NOW FARM THE MATERIALS FOR AMRITAS

*ahem* Got to floor B7F. I might try to go back up to floor 5 and kill those Dinogator-looking guys soon. It's so nice having actual money now due to having a farming team on the side. I'd like to unlock line heal and party heal, but I need to level Heal to get them and that'll make it cost more. Damn monk problems.

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:05 am

Kirin sucks. Porcelain Forest is more beautiful than I thought it would be. Might beat the game this calendar year.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:43 am

Yay! Go Gleason! *\o/*
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:02 pm

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:23 am

...I wonder if I did the right thing. (Armoroad route...cleared.)

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:50 pm

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:48 am

Haha, thanks for the heads up. I wonder if True End is much different. Guess I'll find out eventually, once I clear out my backlog!

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Postby GhostsandDragons » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:00 am

*quietly curses myself for losing the game in the middle of my true route run, repurchasing it, starting from scratch, and taking the longest gameplay tactic possible by running two different parties at once*

If anything, running a gathering party makes things a bit more interesting. And I can actually afford equipment now, but damn everything takes forever when you have to keep 2 groups around the same level to keep up with each other. And the 2nd stratum grind is hitting REALLY hard...
The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

1265 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”