Where to [[[BUY]]] SQ3 merchandise.

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

109 posts
Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon May 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Mon May 10, 2010 10:34 pm

The manga story is serialized in the Comic Rex magazine.

Three soundtracks? There are only two, the regular, full OST, and a special 'Super Arrange' CD, which has rearranged versions of some (not all) tracks. Rearranged to the point of being barely recognizable in some cases, so don't buy it blindly expecting an improved version of the regular OST.
The regular OST has all tracks in two versions, one as it appears in the game, and one PC-8801 FM version as composed by Yūzō Koshiro.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon May 10, 2010 10:53 pm

yeah, they have the regular soundtrack, the super arranged version, and the Drama cd?

What is PC-8801 FM? Is that the orchestral version?

Also, manga story? What now? Did Etrian get a full manga, aside from the mini comics made for the sites.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon May 10, 2010 10:55 pm

there have been a couple EO mangas :U but the first one was discontinued I think

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Mon May 10, 2010 10:56 pm

Really? Anyone know where I can get a translated version? Oh and before I forget, please.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue May 11, 2010 12:22 am

I don't know if there are any translations out there. All three EO games had/have manga stories (actual printed manga that is, not the mini comics). SQ3's just started.

As for the audio CDs, PC-8801 FM means the sound chip used to produce the characteristic music of EO. The drama CDs (SQ1 and SQ3 each have one, SQ2 didn't) are different stories (although they may share some characters or so, I dunno) than the manga. See also the topic over in the EO1 forum section.
Kimiko

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Tue May 11, 2010 4:14 am

But what is the "Drama" cd? I know Ive heard piano versions of some of the EO songs, and they sound gorgeous. If I could find a cd of that I would buy it fast.

Um, can I get a link? I scrolled though the first page of the EO I forum and didn't find it.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue May 11, 2010 4:28 am

A drama CD is like a radio drama....but on a CD

so it's just story

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue May 11, 2010 2:00 pm

ya go. It was on the first page, in plain sight.

Regarding the piano music, maybe you're thinking of ? I haven't listened to it, but it looks like it might be what you're looking for.
Kimiko

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Tue May 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Lord Mutton Chops
Killclaw

Postby Lord Mutton Chops » Tue May 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed May 12, 2010 12:02 am

Kimiko

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed May 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Ah, that reminds me. I want to try translating Koshiro's comments on the EO OSTs some time.
Kimiko

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:00 pm

That would be cool :D

Anyway, added these two to the first page:

* Nintendo DS Game:
- ~$73.00 (not including shipping)

* SQIII Original Soundtrack:
- ~$45.00 (not including shipping)

109 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”