Where to [[[BUY]]] SQ3 merchandise.

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

109 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:00 am

Some of you may have seen my posts talking about a Zodiac costume I had seen for sale on Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Well, as it turns out, the seller from Yahoo Auctions, "Cos00" is selling some on eBay.
The costume for the Alternate Color Female Zodiac-B

http://cgi.ebay.com/Etrian-Odyssey-Zodi ... 3cb0145adb

Picture:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

More Pics:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

... and is also available on their site:
http://www.uscos00.com/index.php?gOo=go ... oductname=

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:08 am

ZetaNekoQuasiboat
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ZetaNekoQuasiboat » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:57 pm

I have a some questions regarding merchandise, though it's not all specific to Sekaiju no Meikyuu III so I am really sorry if any of this is considered going too off topic.

Firstly I just want to say that I am really looking forward to the Wave PVCs, they have a great knack for choosing the portraits of character classes that I normally use (Which I know are the more popular ones o: ). I'm curious though, when do these normally get announced in relation to when the game came out? For example, SQII came out in Japan 02/21/08 so when was the Gunner PVC announced, and when was it released? I'm basically just curious for the sake of getting an idea of when I can expect the SQIII Wave PVC(s) to be announced.

My second question is more of a request. Does anyone have any of the GIFT SQIII plushies? If so, can someone take a picture of one of them and place something like their Nintendo DS beside it, just so I can get an idea of how large they are. I read that they are about 8 inches, but my mind still cannot properly visualize how they would be in terms of size at 8 inches. I do plan to buy both Monk and Princess plushie just saving my money for them nows o:

My third question is about these:

- Zodiac

- Dark Hunter

I've been checking SQ Merchendise off ebay over the course of many months and have never seen these before. Were these custom made like just by one person for one or a small handful of people, or is there some company that made these and they are being sold? (Maybe, they are SQII trading figures?) By the way, I found these pictures on this, Japanese blog/website:

http://kakureotaku96.blog17.fc2.com/blog-entry-319.html

My Fourth question is very similar to my third. Well, for a period of time, maybe over the course of two or three months I saw this Hexer portrait PVC resin hand painted figurine for sale (The portrait was the female hexer in the purple cloth, I think it is the most popular portrait for hexers). It was very expensive, priced at about $300 USD not including the shipping (Which from what I see on ebay, that is a normal price for when ebay stores build and paint the resin model and ship it to you). I can't find it on ebay anymore, but I'm really curious if this was like another custom made thing, or if there does exist hexer resin model kits, or if anyone has any information about it o:.

Again I am sorry for going off topic, especially if some of my questions have been answered in other merchandise topics and if it bothers you (Also I have a bad knack of not summarizing anything whenever I post on forums~). But I do appreciate all answers! ^_^

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:40 pm

1.) Hmmm.... I'll have to further look into the PVCs release dates to answer that one....

2.) I do not have any of the SQ3 plushies (ordered two, waiting to get them).
However, I do have one of their Touhou plushies (which are the same size).
It doesn't really have much in the photo for scale, so I'll be sure to take another pic when I get out of class XD
[spoiler][/spoiler]

3.) I've seen a few of those for sale on Yahoo Japan Auctions (most notably, the Zodiac), and they do seem to be doujin creations which may or may not be unpainted Garage Kits.

4.) Sometimes, said Doujin Garage Kits are bought and painted (professionally) by a third party
and resold on the internet. And sometimes, the Doujin circle that created the piece will release a handful of their kits as a Promotional item or as a limited edition fully assembled/painted version (which I have seen go for $200-$300 on auction sites).
Last edited by ZetaBladeX13 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZetaNekoQuasiboat
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ZetaNekoQuasiboat » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:52 pm

Thank you for the detailed and quick reply, ZetaBladeX13! ^_^

As for Question 1)

I did a bit of looking around since I made my first post here and found some information on a website that says the SQII Gunner figure was released late May-2009. SO! That gives us some basis for a reasonable speculation of release dates for the SQIII WAVE PVC(s).

I found out the following data:

SQII Japanese release date: 02/21/08,
WAVE Gunner PVC release date: 05/x/09

And

SQI Japanese release date: 01/18/07
WAVE Paladin PVC release date: 06/13/08
WAVE Bushido PVC release date: 01/x/08 or "Late Jan., 2008"
WAVE Medic PVC release date: 09/x/07 or "Late Sept., 2007"

So, given this data on PVC release dates, the approximate minimum time it took WAVE to release a PVC is about 8 months from the Japanese release date of the corresponding game (But that small amount of time was really only for the Medic figure). The maximum time 1 year and 5 months.

On average it looks like 1 year and between 2-5 months from Japanese release date of game

So I guess I'd speculate that because SQIII came out in Japan on 04/01/10 the PVC for the game will probably be released between 07/x/11 to 12/x/11.

Sources:

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english& ... splay.html

http://benippon.com/en/etrian-odyssey-female-paladin

http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1 ... Yggdrasill

GameFAQs

Wikipedia

Buuuuuuuuuuut! I'm still very curious as to when these PVC figurines have been announced in relation to their release date. (I.E, is it normally 3 months per say, and then they do pre-orders during the 3 months?). Well I imagine that'd be much harder to find out so don't like kill yourself over it, I'm just really soooo excited and can't wait for them and if I knew then it'd give more of a time for us to expect them~ >>;;

As for the second question about the plushies:

You have a really pretty Touhou plush! But yeah x.x; I can't really imagine the relative size based on it. Uhm, simpler way for you to tell me about the size instead of you taking a picture is by doing this:

Look at this picture I took of my Clone Hatsune Miku, and notice the size of the PSP (Project Diva 2nd) game beside her (I'm going to assume that it's conventional to use spoiler tags for images to save bandwidth or something like that)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

So now, given you have the PSP Game case as a sort of measuring device, what I really want to know is: Will the SQIII plushies be the same size as my Hatsune Miku clone plush, or smaller (or larger? but I doubt larger)? Because we know that your Touhou plushie will have the same length as the SQIII plushies, basically think in your mind (or just check) how large a PSP game case is in relative size to your plushie, and then I'll know if it'll be the same size or not o:.

I plan to keep my SQIII plushies beside my Miku clone plush by the way is part of why I'm so curious because then I'll know how much space to make to fit them all.

As for my third and fourth questions:

I kind of assumed that it was something like that, but wasn't entirely sure, but thank you lots for clearing it up! ^_^ Do you know of any specific places or websites that generally deal in only these kind of unique and rare resin, since I think I may want to buy that hexer one someday x: (But if not it's totally fine~)

Thanks again!

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Last edited by ZetaBladeX13 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Updated the list in the OP:

* Nintendo DS Game: [ENGLISH VERSION]
- ~$34.90 (not including shipping)
- ~$30.90 (not including shipping)
- ~$29.99 (not including shipping) [limited international shipping]
- ~$29.99 (not including shipping) [limited international shipping]

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:10 pm

Large update to the list in the OP:

* SQ3 Drama CD:
- ~$35.49 (not including shipping)

* SQ3 3D Mouse Pad:
- ~$19.99 [Free Shipping]

* Aquarian Age: Extra Pack (Sekaiju no Meikyuu III):
- ~$77.99 [Free Shipping]

* SQ3 Gift Plush 01 (Princess):
- ~$48.99 [Free Shipping]
- ~$36.90 (not including shipping)

* SQ3 Gift Plush 02 (Monk):

* SQ3 Gift Plush 03 (Pirate/Buccaneer):

* SQ3 Official (Master) Guide:
- ~$29.99 (not including shipping)

* SQ3 Artbook:
- ~$37.49 (not including shipping)

* SQ3 Mini Game Character Collection:
- ~$72.99 [Free Shipping]

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:28 pm

I've been a little lazy about updating the listing of the SQ3 manga in Comic REX, but I have been keeping up with it.

Anyway, I've updated the OP to include the following:

* SQ3 Chapter 03(?): Comic Rex - 07 (July Issue):
- ~$10.60 (not including shipping)
(includes 7th Dragon chapter)

* SQ3 Chapter 04(?): Comic Rex - 08 (August Issue):

* SQ3 Chapter 05(?): Comic Rex - 09 (September Issue):

* SQ3 Chapter 06(?): Comic Rex - 09 (September Issue):

* SQ3 Chapter 07: Comic Rex - 10 (October Issue):

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:44 pm

In an attempt to make the OP less daunting/easier to navigate, I have organized much of the merchandise and put them into groups divided by spoilers.

Any feedback for dis/approval or other changes would be most appreciated <3

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Added to the first post in the Apparel, bags, etc. section:

* SQ3 Wall Scroll (vertical):
- ~$34.00 (not including shipping)
Last edited by ZetaBladeX13 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Cool, that would be pretty awesome to have.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:40 pm

It's a bit similar to my autographed SQ3 poster as well <3

also, those EOIII Gift plushies are running out of stock.
If anyone is planning on getting one, I suggest you do so in the near future.

ZetaNekoQuasiboat
Ragelope

Postby ZetaNekoQuasiboat » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks lots for all the updates ZetaBlade!! I may not be active on this forum but I have been checking this topic every so often.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:07 am

109 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”