EOIII Questions thread

Discuss the third game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1266 posts
Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIII Questions thread

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:26 am

no no no i mean
singularity boosts damage from elemental weaknesses. heck would it scale from Etheric Charge?
RR removes the element to do that element damage using that character's atk, right? (i honestly cant find conclusive evidence of the ARMS dispelled decides the element of RR or if its just typeless... i honestly have no clue)

my question was would RR proc the enchanted characters abilities (such as determining singularity or charge or E.charge)? or is it still the RR's power calculated PURELY through the targets atk and then further multiplied through the USER?

BASICALLY what im asking is RR an attack FROM the USER or the TARGET? thats a tad confusing

because the former makes P/Z terrifying, and the latter makes Z/XXX or XXX/Z terrifying

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:56 am

I actually did just test this out. RR is both really awesome and really weird

the basic jist of it is whoever the target is they use the RR

the element is determined by the element used up from RR

all other modifiers for damage come from the TARGET rather than the user

i had Etheric Return, Singularity, Extend, and etheric charge (which did get used up so be mindful of that) all proc off of one RR

so it seems like RR is more or less dependent solely on the target of it with the only input from the user being....to use it

what i DONT know at this point is if its STR based, TEC, based or some kind of combination, as the only target ive really tested it on is my Z/A which frankly is more ATK geared due to using barrages over stars (cheaper AoE alternatives to the stars/binaries)

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:36 am

in any case it seems a zodiac is a PRIME candidate (heck even prince subclass for nobility proof to keep up etheric charge?) for RR what with singularity, etheric charge, all the masteries...

im seriously considering subclassing my buccanner as Zodiac for RR fodder as well (considering with bunshin, i effectively have 3 princes) or even just as an abuse of singularity+swashbuckling with whatever elemental arm

RR seems like a REALLY nice engine for your group, essencially giving your heavy hitters a free AoE attack that doesnt use up their turn...

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:23 am

i dunno how their stats actually scale while leveling but at level 32, it has higher tec than my prince... so theres that

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:55 am

now you know what i felt waiting on the package to ship! haha

though i pretty much just otori'd to my prince which worked beautifully for a time...but..

that bunshin royal viel.... it... its so powerful! no seriously... as soon as i started doing that my monk was nearly phased out entirely.... but shes still useful.... to heal the bunshin hp split

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:49 pm

i dunno... at this point, youre asking the wrong guy... level 33 on b11f

actually i had one last question... though it more likely belongs in the other thread but meh..

so my team at the very bare bones is:
P / M / B/Z
N/P / ZA

the basis changed frrom funnel into the prince (as a weird backwards tank) because of Bunshin+royal viel
basically its become a tankless group revolving(well not really REVOLVING, but pretty dependant) on the ninja basically being an engine for my Zodiac, pumping out E.Charge mastery singularity RRs (hitting for anywhere from 250ish to 1200ish), and under some setup, fueling the necessary element onto my E.charging singularity swashbuckler

basically im wondering what i would bother with subclasses for my prince and monk... my monk is basically healbot... and while princess is redundant, neither of my other prince(ess) have bothered with protect order... or when they have its more of a turn killer... so it might work.. but triple prince?

and my prince is somewhat overshadowed now by my ninja now. i cant even go ninja and shift my team around because its so important that my ninja is going first.

ive tried many other subs but none of them are really performing in terms of "viable" damage... and id go hoplite as a tank of sorts, but that gives me two "dead" slots, an overworked buffer, and 2 reliant damagers. i love my team but i want them all to be doing something.

so i guess im asking... what do you suggest would work well for my Prince and Monk that might help out more overall?

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:06 pm

Im waiting on retiring until a -cough cough-certain part-cough cough-

so just something of a stop-gap-
ive tried arbalist, gladiator, buccaneer, and monk as subclasses on my prince (monk was for otori into retaliate or counter... it worked for a while but it bogged down the group)... im willing to try zodiac but i cant really be an RRer or ANOTHER target of RR because that would severely slow everything down
....maybe go ninja? my prince has far and away the best LUC in my group so maybe i could get away with Izuna spam? maybe have him be a weird otiori self target dodge tank guy? would that work?

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:37 am

after playing around with it... ninja is the best subclass if i want him tanking... but i need to focus on it... my current SP is sorta everywhere lol

but max otori and sarutobi work wonders (though im not sure if evasion is tied to a stat... and if it is, princes are SLOOOOOOOW) but after playing with it.... its rare for my prince to even be damaged(the only time where damage would be possible is during the turn to establish/re-establish otori)... so i can have a THIRD royal vieler... with would make 138 passive hp gain/turn

that said... im heavily debating on keeping arbalist on my zodiac.... and going princess instead... if ONLY for nobility proof. lvl 10 =12 tp per enhancement removed... and as the RR engine, i can almost guarantee that every other turn (or every under bunshin) and etheric charge cost 12... so it more or less becomes a spamfest

though it doesnt bug me too much given my setup... that basically takes up 2(or 3 if you wanna count the clone) characters to do 1 attack... though in a weird way its an e.charge boosted aoe attack... every turn

my group just isnt set up in a way for 1-turn kills though... it saddens me

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:39 pm

i hate grinding... especially since the "have something holding down A" trick doesnt work...id be done with the 3rd stratum by now if i havent spent this whole time subclassing and resting and subclassing and resting
.....ive considered cheats once XD
if only to save myself hours lol
......so far ive been far too lazy to

in other news, ive found RR is NOT TEC based... had my zodiac go princess for TP management... the highest number ive seen from RR became 87 WITH e.charge... whereas Z/A would hit for easily hit for 250 without e.charge
both builds have the same investment in Zodiac... in fact, the z/p has MORE investmemt in the masteries... so it must be atk or WEAPON based

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Regal Radiance actually is a physical attack. It works with both Charge and Berserker's Vow. Has the same formula as every other plus the weird buff gimmick thing it has.

Also, Zodiacs should never have any TP problems. Amritas are in plentiful supply (Just harvest in the 2nd strata with 5 farmers) and cost very little En. Also in random skirmishes, its usually more prudent to use Dark Ether instead (Which doesn't cost much) and have everyone else use their hard hitting moves. Unless your Zodiac is the only hard hitter in the party.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:04 pm

ive started having less and less TP problems with my Zodiac the past few levels, actually... i was just running into issues with not enough TP to be throwing out 20+ per fight to make much progress

and by TP management, i dont generally like including items

btw.. has anyone ever played around with blitz command? does it have any synergy with regular attacking(like swashbuckling or stun attack?) or warriors might?

or Warrior's might with regular attacks/counterattacks(ambush stance/retaliate/mikibishi)?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:10 pm

AFAIK with Blitz Command the following is taken into account with it:
- Status forges or any abilities that add status (Like Kubikiri or Stun Attack) do not work
- Passive effects (Like Endless Battle or Weapon Mastery) also have no affect
- The exception is elemental effects which does include Singularity
- This move does not proc any chasers (Like Warrior's Might)
- This move will use up Charge/Etheric Charge on any party members who used them on that turn, so be careful
- The move itself does not benefit from the user's Charge/Etheric Charge

As for Warrior Might, counters normally don't trigger chases in EO2 and 4. I assume EO3 is no exception to this. I'll have to test it... when I can get up to that point again =/

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Aaaahh i see, i see... i liked the idea of blitz command, but it seems like its #of users>#of uses

...ive also started using the N/Z dark ether trick(STARTED using it at the second to last boss).........it feels like cheating... i dunno if i like it

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:13 pm

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:01 pm

1266 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City”